Why does this site barely ever talk about split squats, regular or bulgarian...

Why does this site barely ever talk about split squats, regular or bulgarian? I've been doing them since January and I've seen noticeable gains in both quads and hammies, some glute too. After I started getting back pain from regular squats, that I still feel if I go above 185, I haven't felt any doing split squats, and that is even when going heavier. Because it's unilateral, it's a bit more time to complete reps for each leg, but it's easier to hit depth, definitely with the bench as support.

Attached: splitsquat.png (1320x762, 411K)

So yall niggas still don't want to talk about it. It's all squat/deadlift dogma.. No wonder you all DYEL looking dumbasses.

Define this back pain.

It's gotten better, as it used to be when I went down into squat and up, but not it's only on the up, but anyways, when I come up from the hole, my lower left back right above the glute goes ow.

I might just be projecting, but that sounds like it's SI joint related. You can google up a lot of different potential "fixes," but I usually get it to improve my lacrosse ball rolling the shit out of my glutes, piriformis, lower back muscles, and such. Also some ibuprofen.

I'd recommend trying to fix that problem. Nothing develops strength and leg and glute musculature like actual squats.

Meh, it wasn't until recently that I started going through this. Before that, I was squatting consistently and I am still seeing quite the gains compared to it from splits. I'm not anti-squat, I just think split is something that should be discussed as an alternative on here more often for those that either have pain during squats, don't like squats, etc. It seems a lot on this site are too far into squats/deads only.

i want to do them but id probably lose my balance and die

i won't do these for the same reason i don't do dumbbell rows anymore

fuck having to do each set twice, give me those bilateral time savings

Autists who's entire sense of self worth depends on the numbers in an arbitrary strongman movement, and fat sacks of shit calling themselves athletes and shills control the narrative.

This thread will be inundated by fucking retards in a few posts who'll praise the all might SKWAT.
Just you wait.

WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT THE SQUAT, FAGGOT?!!!

I just high bar squat. To each their own.

Attached: Ultimate-Guide-To-Proper-Powerlifting-Squat-Form-High-Bar-Squat-1024x682.jpg (1024x682, 131K)

People love being lazy, and they love pretending to be hardcore. By saying "I do squats, so I don't need any other leg exercises," anons get to kill two birds with one stone by skimping on their training and gaining a false sense of superiority.

The bench helps a ton. I tried both regular and with bench and I was able to do them even though my balance is/was mostly shit. When I first started with no bench, I actually did trip as my back foot collapsed on me, luckily no one was around. Just start doing them, even with light weight.

This is the main downside for me, but as long as you don't take super long rest periods, it shouldn't be a problem.

Or people overcomplicate their workout by doing a unnecessary lifts instead of focusing on the most bang for your buck lifts.

This is also true.

I like split squats, they're a nice challenge. I use fairly light weight and just go for reps since the balance is really my goal with them.

Me lift rock four ways. Anything is else over complicated!

You the same user that was claiming a 5pl8 atg squat is easy?

Attached: image.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Just curious, you do regular or bulgarian? I'm guessing regular if your goal is balance.

I dont get why everyone seems to do the same routine every week. Youve got to shock the muscles into growing or they learn the exercise and learn the easiest way to comolete it. Every week i change it up from squats, leg press, squat rack, split squats, smith squats... etc. Same with every muscle group. Used to have a set routine and i just stopped gaining. Split squats are great cause of the balancing factor and everytime i do them i get jelly legs for the rest of the day its great

Tony Horton pls go

I like split squats. Good way to get some volume in when recovering from a heavy session, feels very athletic. When every day is everything day, variations become essential.

I do alternating lunges after my squats. Nice pump.

I'll do push pull with squats on push. Once squats and bench are done ill just superset the assistance work for some cardio gains. Incline db bench plus lunges plus like abs.

I learnt this from arnie on pumping iron, who the fuck is tony horton

>Good way to get some volume in when recovering from a heavy session,
What in gods name makes you think that you're going to be doing something like fucking split squats as a fucking...
You know what...
I can't even bother.

I do it all the time. You have no idea how my training is structured, don't be such an Uptight Dwight.

I feel your pain user
On a positive note the growing retardation on Jow Forums has cut the time I waste here in half