How much lifting is too much lifting?

Completely changed my diet and started going to the gym 2 months ago
For the past month I've been going 7 days a week, with 2 days being core/forearms/cardio

I feel sore as fuck after my workouts still, but I just hit another muscle group the next day and get over it.
Usually spend 3 hours napping after the gym
Is this too much? I drink 2 scoops of super whey daily, one at wake-up and one post workout.

Attached: bancor.jpg (280x180, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZGxwjp76wc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You'll know when it's too much. Overtraining fucks your hormones, you'll feel lethargic, weak, brain fog, just generally irritable and shitty.

Don't listen to this user, overtraining is a myth propagated by DYEL's. You should cut calories and train for longer to get your body adapted to the new stimulus, you can actually make more gains when you don't eat because of the extra muscle damage it causes

so where does your body grow muscle to repair it from then? the air?

Don't listen to this idiot he's deliberately giving you shit info. I did a bro split like you for the last 3 and a bit years while the gains were good at first they were newbie gains and I would've got them with any other lifting and a caloric surplus. Honestly, you need to lift that often especially if you aren't on roids, you'll probably get better results with an Upper body lower body split going 4 times a week. Even though the top bodybuilders do a bro split they are on roids so have better recovery and are in a constant anabolic state. If I could go back in time I would not have persisted with a bro split of training like 1 or 2 muscles per day.

Honestly, you DON'T* need to lift that often especially if you aren't on roids

Overtraining is fucking hard to achieve. You woulld have to train out of your mind 7 days a week to feel the symptoms of overtraining. What you're doing is fine, napping is fine. You won't overtrain doing a simple bro split. Idiots like think that brosplit is too much volume when it isn't even close to it. Don't worry about pussies like these that are too afraid to train hard.

I never said it was too much volume faggot, tight comprehension skills you got there buddy. I did a bro split for over 3 years, and it is no where near as effective as an upper lower split and is also very inefficient. I'm not saying they don't work nor did I say OP was overtraining I used to train 7 days a week too, but there are better ways of training

you tell me what's better more volume or less volume? you say UL 4 days is better than a high volume brosplit. thats the dumbest thing i've heard all week

All the studies show that for natural lifters frequency of training a body part is more important than total volume. You sound like some faggot who's been lifting for about a year doing a bro split, has seen some beginner gains and thinks he knows what he's talking about. The reason all the bodybuilders on gear do high volume per body part is because they are well beyond their genetic limits and need to train those muscles with ridiculous volume in order to stimulate them. If you are not on gear doing the same/slightly lower volume for a given body part but spreading the volume over a few sessions results in better gains. Here's a starting point you dope youtube.com/watch?v=cZGxwjp76wc

more frequency = more volume you absolute fucking retard.

>frequency is more important that total volume
one study that says exactly this and i'll agree with you
studies say frequency is important but total volume is THE deciding factor you mongoltard
show me one study when they had high frequency low total volume vs low frequency high total volume. you sound like one of those retards spouting bs about research papers that you're too dumb to comprehend

>more frequency = more volume you absolute fucking retard.
the absolute state of Jow Forums

objectively 23 hours+/week

Holy shit I actually want to fucking strangle you. I'm not saying low volume high frequency is a good option you dopey cunt. If you are doing say 20 sets forchest over the course of the week you are going to get better gains from dviding that up between 4 workouts rather than doing some meme chest day and doing sets on the same day. You would probably be just as well off doing 16 sets over 4 workouts rather than 16 on one day.

You would probably be just as well off doing 16 sets over 4 workouts rather than 20* on one day.

Could you repeat the question?

>just as well off
>you'll probably get better results with an Upper body lower body split going 4 times a week
i love it when retards like you think you're smart

> I'm not saying high frequency is a good option
>for natural lifters frequency of training a body part is more important than total volume
i love it when retards like you think you're smart

>Take your shirt off
>Flex
>Take Picture
If the average person's reaction is "There's no way that's his head on that body" then you know you've lifted enough.

You're clearly trolling, no one could misconstrue what I was saying that badly. Either that or your comprehension skills are below a kindergartner's.

apparently i have to adopt retard speak to communicate with you.
>frequency of training a body part is more important than TOTAL volume
is this not something you said?
but i'll let it slide since you clearly don't understand what total means. even if you match the total volume i.e. you could do 24 sets in a day or spread it out and it would not be more ideal even though studies suggest so because who would actually spend a workout session doing 12 sets of chest 12 sets of back 12 sets of arms including compounds. It's just stupid to think that the same amount of volume at the same intensity(weight used) can be covered in a UL split as in a brosplit. Even fullbody workouts 3x a week can't achieve the same volume since you'd be doing 8 sets for chest,back,arms,shoulders,legs including heavy compounds. It's retarded to think that such an approach is practical no matter what studies show.

>>frequency of training a body part is more important than TOTAL volume
It really is at the margin once you have a decent amount of sets, obviously doing 20 sets for chest in a bro split is superior to doing 8 over the course of the week you dope. When you are doing 15+ sets per week however doing say 22 sets on your chest day under a bro split as opposed to 18 on another regimen but with higher frequency your muscles will not respond much to the additional volume. I'm not going to keep arguing cunt, I did a bro split for almost 4 years and recently changed and I'm sure as shit not going back to a bro split. You can keep doing your meme lifting if you want.

lmao you do you asswipe but higher total volume will always be better than lower volume. like how difficu;t is this concept? do more hence grow more kek