THE GREAT DEBATE

SS OR PPL?

Attached: 1523262285192.png (500x377, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SS if you want to be strong

PPL if you want to look good

Attached: 1473325439266.png (926x460, 732K)

Starting Strength. I noticed a lot of fucking s o y b o y s hating on it lately. Do SS to spite these liberal pussies.

Whatever that gets you gains and none to little injuries (especially if you're a newbie)

Unironic Answer:

SS during a bulk
PPL during a cut

Attached: when the loli is woke AF.gif (540x540, 1.13M)

What's the problem with doing PPL on a bulk?

a-asking for a friend

>beginner routine or intermediate routine?

Not exactly a fair comparison. SS is a specific program, PPL is a way of structuring your program - any given PPL could be brilliant or fucking terrible for the target audience.

>PPL
>intermediate

I never understand PPL

Like what is a GOOD PPL routine?

Attached: 1523064574760.png (600x600, 426K)

Ppl. All i got from ss was 1 -2pl8 on all lifts and a fat ass and thighs

das it mane
otherwise you can fuck back off to leddit with your ppl for beginners bullshit

Any decent PPL routines?

One that's balanced on the muscles you work as well as ample in volume.
There's not that much to it brother, just gotta stick to it is all.

Stronglifts

You might actually make some gains and get big

SS
>3 days a week
>strength focus
>for beginners
PPL
>6 days a week
>volume focus
>not for beginners

>Implying you can't focus on strength on a PPL at the same time.

I've been doing Phraks LP for approximately 5 months now, what program should I look to move onto in the next 6 months or so?

The famous reddit one honestly isn’t bad. Also there’s coolcicaida’s on bb forums.

Do ICF with your +5 hat of weapon smithing

straight shota for sure

PHAT OR PHUL

What is the famous Reddit PPL?

spend 5 seconds on google

And get 50 ppsts of different PPL routine all being famos.

This question doesn't make sense. SS is effectively strictly a beginner's program while PPL can be anything from beginner to intermediate, and possibly to advanced even.

Even Rippletits recommends PPL after SS, in the intermediate phase. You're not supposed to run SS for more than some months.

Nice pic OP saved

>are you a noob?
Do SS. It's just a few months and you'll hit a big wall, but it will get to that wall fast.
>not a beginner, don't know what to do after SS?
PPL is ok, but take a page from the Texas Method and the PHAT/PHUL splits:
do more volume with lower weights on the first half of the week, and go heavier on the second (ideally progressing on this every week).

do you reckon that PHUL from the start is effective? planning to go on a bulk and do a PHUL routine from the beginning over summer.

He probably means Metallicadpa's: reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

PPL isn't a program it's a type of split.

Your question is like asking which is the better car: Honda Civic or Tires?

The civic has tires and that's where the points of comparison end.

Nevermind the program. "Starting Strength" is THE source for proper technique. With over 50 pages on the squat alone, without digressing or repeating, everyone will learn something from this book. Over 30 years of lifting, and I gained a lot of knowledge from this book.

>literally googled "reddit ppl" and this was top result.

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

thx was just lazy lol

pushups/pullups/lateral raises and squats everyday, anything else is retarded for natties.

full body with kettlebells you stupid fuck

Why not completely mix it up like a madman and do SS with accessory lifts of PPL added on to the days that you train respective body parts?

Like why wouldn't you do squat deadlift and ohp on one day with BP on another, and throw on accessory lifts to those

I started doing SL5x5 in March and plan to continue till June so I get some basic strength. Then I will switch to plebbit's PPL

Neither, StrongLifts( + Pullups) 5x5 is what you need to reach your maximum genetic potential as quickly and safely as possible.

SS and GOYAD (Gallon Of Yogurth A Day) is the best combo

BTFO with pic related

Attached: 4dayTM.jpg (720x960, 110K)

Attached: 1513713885855.gif (234x200, 1.84M)

No more thank you, I'm PHUL.