Bench press is a meme

>db bench press has superior ROM
>db bp employs more muscle fibres
>db bp has less impact on joints
>db bp evens out muscle imbalances
>db bp eliminates the need for a spotter
>db bp employs stabilizator muscles

So tell me Jow Forums, why are you still clinging to the barbell?
>because muh bench press king of upper body exercises, hurr durr

Attached: DEFAD31D-25CD-470E-86D5-4D7CDC9D35C4.jpg (745x738, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nWINhK_-PyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because the setup for the dumbell press is really demanding: On the first time up, your shoulders do all the work because your scapula isn't retracted. You also can't push yourself beyond failure (by removing plates, having a spotter to push the bar up).
All your other points are valid tho. I personally do higher reps / lower intensity dumbell presses after my bench press.

Attached: 1526065642014.jpg (400x400, 126K)

You can always have someone to hand you one of the dumbbells and for the beyond failure point, you can place lighter dumbbells next to you.

Since I’ve stopped BB BP, I feel like my pecs are developping much faster and all around better.

What is it with you faggots? They are both good exercises, personally barbell bench helped grow my chest more, does that mean I've completely ditched dumbells? No cunt. Why is everything on this stupid website all or nothing.

>Tfw when no gym buddy and benching without a spot, without clips

just ask anyone to spot you, it isn't that hard

i do this.

I bb bench because of an old wrist injury from playing rugby. It means I can't risk having a heavy db being supported only by my wrist, i've aggravated the injury before by going for too heavy a db.

Therefore I do this. Bench with bb for heavy weight and then do a few sets with db afterwards, with lighter weight but strict form

Nobody ever asks how much you DB Bench

because trying to position any dumbbell heavier than 80 pounds is annoying

So what? Autists care about numbers, I want my pecs to look good

Positioned 90lbs DBs today without bigger problems

I agree desu and I db bench 50kg but bb bench is still a more satisfying lift

Because my gym only has dbs up to 50kg

youtube.com/watch?v=nWINhK_-PyY

I'm not there yet, DB pressing just 40 Kg, but fuck, what am I gonna do, I don't wanna BB Bench.

>needing a spotter for BP
You do realize that if you don't use those stupid clip things on the ends of the bar, you can just tilt it if you get into trouble and all the weight will slide off, right?

Yeah everyone will love it when you slam 2pl8 onto the floor and the bar snaps back the other way and kills someone

I do both. I even use a machine for flies. And I BB my incline.

My OHP is done with DB's.

It's almost like you can use all the equipment at the gym

Just roll it and deadlift

Hey, waaaaait, I think this is bait! This is bait, isn't it? Well that's just not nice!

>Giving a fuck what other people think when the other option is having 200+lbs sitting on your neck

This

> OP thinking he's made a breakthrough in broscience

Attached: received_10213960198333988.gif (295x333, 16K)

Unironically Smith machine bench and bench machine grew my chest more than anything

Attached: joerogan.jpg (720x1113, 184K)

I do sometimes, when there's a big dude/Dyel who knows his shit and is gonna make it, who's just standing around, resting. Most people in my gym have no idea how to spot.
I keep telling them, just help me on the positive when I struggle, and they still use my bench press as a Curl station.

> Smith machine bench

Attached: warface.jpg (300x213, 7K)

the other option is using a spotter or safety bars. dont be a nigger.
>it was muh only option

>db bench press has superior ROM
>db bp employs more muscle fibres
>db bp has less impact on joints
>db bp evens out muscle imbalances
>db bp eliminates the need for a spotter
>db bp employs stabilizator muscles

everyone that lifts already knows this. but barbell bench is more fun and you can lift more weight

I think the ROM on BB is better

Bench Press is a competitive sport

Attached: image.jpg (256x192, 18K)