Post your favorite bro science

Guy at my gym says he does 3 dead lift reps at the end of each session to "increase my anabolic window"

He also believes he can eat up to 3x his TDEE on lifting days because his body is in super metabolism mode or some shit

Attached: oYvzujq.jpg (634x342, 60K)

Also has anyone ever tried out bro science shit and had it work for you, even if just placebo?

fasting makes you yo-yo

normies believe this because they fast for half a day then eat like shit after

>normies
Go back.

huh

oof, normie's triggered

There are 3 unique IPs in this thread, dumbfuck.

I'm not really sure what's going on. My posts are the OP, , and

How do you know? Are you a mod?

>you need at least 20g of protein within 30 minutes of your workout or you'll lose gains

Thanks, supplement shills

Just hover your fucking cursor over the third number in the lower right corner of the page

Bro at my former gym said you should weight yourself before working out and not after, because pumped muscles weight more.

>partial reps cause the same growth as full range of motion
A 40 y.o. guy who asked me to spot his 12 partial reps of bench told me this. Was he wrong though?

This one is true.

>you can get big as a natty, just gotta eat big and train hard bro

No.

It’s better to do partials than nothing at all.

Depends what you're trying to hit. One could argue that partial reps on bench are superior if you're targeting chest because your pectoral will be under tension the entire rom whereas if you complete the full rom you will probably lose tension at the top

No.

they don't cause the same growth, do you really thing someone quarter squatting and someone doing atg are doing the same effort?
that being said on bench some people like to decrease ROM by not touching chest or not going all the way up in order to increase time under tension, putting the muscle under more stress in order to make it grow.
Doesn't mean you should try half repping all your exercises though.

No.

No.

>OHP is all you need for shoulders
>Compounds are enough for abs
>You have to squat and deadlift to make any gains
>Strength = aesthetics
>Natty lifting

>Rows widen your back, and pull ups thicken it
>Switched from pull ups to rows
>Gained ability to do a shitty lat spread when I previously could not
I would swear up and down that I just went from having a shitty back to a less shitty back and gained some proprioception, but the broscience was right.

Attached: IMG_20180503_075723778.jpg (2471x2117, 1M)

I mean, they do because of the increased blood flow, but the only way your weight would change is from eating or drinking.

Those are all Jow Forums memes made by insecure, 20-something year olds that thinking lifting will grant them a qt gf.

wat

>Rows widen your back, and pull ups thicken it
thats the opposite of the common brosience which usually says pulls for width, rows for thickness, which is RETARDED, since the lats can be hella targeted through horizantal pulls, as you disocvered. any X for X, Y for Y type black and white shit you hear in the gym is BS, these fools dont know biomehcanics

That's not bro science though, this was proven.

I think he means that the muscles would weigh more since they're bloated with all the perfusing blood, but the body as a whole weighs the same.

I think he is basically saying they technically weigh more than pre workout because they're now filled with blood...but it's literally nothing to do with overall weight.

He's saying the muscles themselves will weigh more but your overall weight won't change.

This whole website except /plg/

No.

dont know if it belongs on a funny thread but here it goes.

>go in locker room
>couple guys there
>one of them standing in front of the mirror with his towel around him
>has a shaker bottle in single arm tricep overhead extension
>does like a 100 reps
>proceeds to do the same with the other arm
>another dude asks him why he does that
>"extra reps and extra growth bro, plus you mix your protein"
>mfw

Attached: lol.jpg (320x320, 44K)

>bro

Currently trying arms every day

No.

No.

No.

>Post your favorite bro science

>The anabolic window isn't real
The studies conflict all over the place because nutritionists don't know how to use a fucking control group.

>overhead dickpulls
Hes getting ready for the gangbang.

I agree.

No

What do you know about the anabolic window?

The anabolic window is a period of time after lifting where nutrition is supposed to shift the bodies state from catabolic to anabolic to clear up any definition issues. Most people consider it to be immediately after lifting to thirty minutes after.

If you actually read the studies and metas on the anabolic window (protein timing) they are completely inconclusive. The problem for most is that they don't control for some really important shit that are probably significant extraneous variables. The best example of a failure for a creating an important control group is that they supplement whey protein after lifting and when a hypertrophy or strength increase happens they conclude that the protein timing is what caused it. They don't even think to consider the 20-50g of protein increase is what caused it because nutritionists are fucking morons. If the people participating in the study are not consuming enough protein in the first place ofc supplementing it at literally any fucking time through the day will cause a strength/hypertrophy increase. They should have one group doing a protein supplement several hours before the resistance training and one group that does it immediately after and another that does it a few hours after to control the study properly. This is just one example, the people that do these studies don't do them for a long enough time period (

Depends on the type of row. A meadows row while your body is parallel to the bar is the best row variant for lat activation. I guess a dumbbell row would work well for this too, but dumbbell rows are easy to cheat

>He also believes he can eat up to 3x his TDEE on lifting days
Oh he can

A bunch of bros at the gym kept telling me the bar had to touch my chest while bench pressing. Ended up tearing my rotator cuff.