/fast/ #199 Starvation Mode Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
>Have gout
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice. ([YouTube] HOW TO START THE SNAKE DIET FOR DUMMIES (embed))
>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max
>Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day.
The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headass.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
Artificial sweeteners and diet soda are bad for you and may fuck up your fast. Zero calorie black coffee and tea ware generally considered to be fine.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
Not unless you’re fasting for a month or longer.

Attached: 1.jpg (468x366, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1onQ0nxgWFM
youtube.com/watch?v=0diS49kvWWE
youtube.com/watch?v=-fkv1Dkh-Ls&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for lemon juice

Is the new snake juice recipe legit?
youtube.com/watch?v=1onQ0nxgWFM

Attached: HEY FATTY.png (338x333, 184K)

Yes if solely for the taste gains
Basically like drinking regular water
On top of that, the recipe, although lacking calcium, is essentially what they give dialysis patients to clean the blood.

Holy shit this guy sounds like a piece of shit. I'm glad I don't fast, it clearly makes you a loud retard.

t. fatty

Is it safe to water fast on accutane? I'm currently on a 30mg/day treatment. Wondering if I should do a water fast or just OMAD to be on the safe side of things..

Attached: 1525535443581.jpg (676x676, 38K)

what kind of multivit should i get?
everything packed in one?

Depends on fast.

Attached: 1526475933794[1].png (912x3093, 3.32M)

2 months

Will Apple cider vinegar fuck up my teeth?

you need to brush after

Happy Ramadan guys

Don't know but you need fat to absorb isotretinoin
Not if you flush your mouth after drinking.

See and read sticky. Basically yes you need it and yes you should get multi.

Requesting this OC I made some time ago to be used as OP's pic in the next general.

Attached: fast.jpg (2048x2048, 508K)

drink it through a straw and rinse your mouth afterwards

>stopped getting hungry
>eat a fried egg on toast early in the day and eat a cold cut sandwich before evening
>drink lots of coffee and white sips
>accidentally start intermittent fasting

I've lost something like 20lbs so far after water weight, idk what happened but it's for the best

I'm on day 6 of my fast and I keep having this nasty fruity taste in my mouth coupled with random bouts of stomach pain and nausea. The nausea and pain comes and goes but the nasty taste in my mouth is driving me crazy. Is there any way to get rid of it?

Will semen break a fast?

It's the taste of ketone bodies, just deal with it, it's worth it.

Weird how I've lost 70 lbs doing CICO. It's almost like I must be imagining it since apparently it's bioscience.

Huh, almost like eating less=weight loss.

Trying to meme that CICO isn't real is retardery. Please kill yourself on your next water fast

Attached: 5-TASTES-169x300.jpg (169x300, 10K)

Inb4 that troll from the last thread comes in here and posts another hundred times

Just ended my first 96 hour fast after doing two weeks of OMAD. Felt weak and hungry from around hour 24-60 but that went away on day 3. Lost around 3kg, probably 2 after I gain back some water weight. Feeling pretty great lads. Gonna try a 7 day fast next week.

Ive been fasting on rest days three times a week while lifting the other threee times a week. Anyway to change it and be more more efficient about it?

Attached: tumblr_ob156nTnpg1v07q9qo1_4001.gif (320x240, 1.8M)

Yeah, he should acid on his teeth and then brush his teeth right afterwards. What could go wrong?

Also, what exactly are you intending to 'brush off'? He isn't eating anything. There is no leftover food on his teeth.

Just drink some water afterwards instead.

If you are fat, then do not eat.

>ayy lmao

Are there any benefits to abstaining from water for short periods? i.e the Ramadhan fast?

mubarak

Rinse your mouth with water afterwards. Because the ACV is liquid all you have to do is wash it away or dilute it to nullify the H+ ions.

People say that there are. The most extreme claim it cures many illnesses. The less extreme say it can speed up fat loss as your body breaks down fat to use the water yielded from the cells.
Personally I do not think these theoretical benefits outweigh the risks. I stick to fasting with water allowed.

Gonna break my fast on friday.
Its gonna be the 21st day.
Was hoping to go for 30 but this is fine too.
I just cant bear with the taste oft the snake juice anymore.
See you in the other side

Well done lad.

considering breaking my fast on day 10.
I'm just kinda.. eh, i want to eat. I'm constantly finding justification for it.
I'm still 102kg, i wanted to drop to 100 or 97-98 before i broke my fast again but

While i do agree that i should just fast until im not overweight, I feel like block fasting works better for me. I've technically been doing one meal a week, really.
My fasts so far: 7days(first try i feel good about making it 7 days), 4 days, 6 days, 9 days.

youtube.com/watch?v=0diS49kvWWE

These liberals are telling me that the brain can only make use of ketones for 75% of the brain's requirement, and that your body will begin breaking down muscle protein to supply the needed glucose. Prove them wrong, please?

Attached: 0a6.png (438x405, 8K)

If you don't know these threads are memes maintained by a bunch of IRC trolls you deserve what is coming for you.

Sounds to me like SOMEONE hasn't tried fasting.

Someone who hasn't done fasting has no authority on it.

>he thinks it's a meme
l o l

>he thinks literally not eating is somehow healthy
Get out of here

You wouldn't be born if that was the case

How's the insulin resistance going?

Guys, does coffee halt fat loss?

It says its ok, but doesnt tell meif it halts weight loss.

If your body is burning fat, you are "eating."

Sounds like you have a meal or two you're carrying around with you.

All major and probably most minor religions also advocate fasting as a health measure. And cancer patients are told to fast before treatment to make them more effective. And. . .well you can do some research yourself, Fatty.

How long should my eating window be on OMAD?

>about like 30 hours into my fast
>started fasting since like monday 1am
i felt some difference when i was walking in my pants today.
should i go until friday anons?
i wonder how much i will gain back when i re-feed
also what should i re-feed with?

Fifteen minutes.

Fuck me I was going to today and then some shit happened.

Ok, starting now, and I'm going until Sunday. I haven't had a nice long fast in a while. PRAISE we're gonna make it!

>refeed gain

Depends on what you eat. I ate like a pig and gained 1.5-2lbs, but it came right off again since it was mostly water.

>what with

With that short of a fast it doesn't matter. Go two weeks, don't jump in with a steak, but for three or four day fasts I've found it doesn't matter. I still get the shits no matter what.

youtube.com/watch?v=-fkv1Dkh-Ls&t

23:1

If you're going to restrict yourself that hard you may as well full fast. When I do omad I can't eat more than 500kcals at once without feeling like bursting. I eat around 1,400kcals over the course of an hour.

I don't plan on eating over like 1k calories
Also should I just wait until friday or would it matter if i stopped tommorow?
goodluck user

Today I started my first fast in 4 months.

We are all going to make it brahs.

Btw, did Inawoods make it or he failed?

Attached: large.jpg (500x324, 37K)

>when to stop

Go for Friday, why not? Is it a record for you?

If you stopped tomorrow then you wouldn't have a record. It depends on how you feel, really. If you feel ok, go for it. But don't stop just because of a little headache or something.

For 1k kcals I'd just go meat and veggies. I like fish and asparagus, but honestly I'm not doing it for gainz or performance, just because I like food.

CONFIRMED
LUCK IS MINE

Thanks it has been a while fell off damned carbs but I can pretend it's holy week and go to Sunday. Good luck to you too. sssssssss

Guys, I'm just new in the intermittent fasting. Is it ok if I eat orange or sweet fruits once I am on the eating cycle? Or all that glucouse would negate the effects of the fasting?

>Go for Friday, why not? Is it a record for you?
well this is my first time fasting but i havent been having any problems whatsoever. i mean i do kind of have the urge to eat but not as like huge.

I just want to lose weight as much as i can to be honest then eat for a couple days then fast again or something
we can do it

What's this from?

I cant watch jewtube vids, whats the new recipe

How did you manage to break a stall Jow Forums? Been stalling for 2 weeks now

Does 0 calorie soda break autophagy?

HEY FAST, does my advice check out?
Artificial sweeteners can provoke an insulin response, but I expect this to be small and temporary. Could make you hungrier, could slow autophagy particularly in the liver, but it could be just the thing you need to help you make it through this fast. Decide for yourself.

My first fast was 60 hours and I could have gone much, much longer. If you are fat you can go for an insanely long time. Just keep on drinking the snake juice and seriously you'll be great.

Yes. Water breaks autophagy, much less that crap.

Just stop, right now. I have been too and stopped here in this thread. 4:30 start time, going until Sunday, screw it all.

Per 2L of water:

1t KCl
1/2 t NaCl
1t baking soda (don't know chemical name yet)
1/2 t epsom salt (stuff used as a laxative so you know you can ingest it)

It's basically the same thing as they use for a type of dialysis.

Haven't tried it yet. I like old school. But this is the recipe.

Thanks

Ill make some to see if it tastes less like piss

How often should I be drinking my snake juice?

What do you mean

14 days fasting and no change?

Will be water fasting for ramadan won't be able to hit the gym this month, will I lose a lot of muscle?

Cole says it almost tastes like nothing, water. I don't know.

Have you tried heating snake juice, adding some tobasco and lemon juice? I love the stuff.

I was losing weight very steadily eating OMAD and 2 weeks ago I gained roughly 3lb over 2 days and its stalled ever since. I eat around 1200 calories a day(This is accurately counted before you ask). TDEE is about 2142

>My first fast was 60 hours and I could have gone much, much longer.
does it vary on person how much you gain back when you refeed?

New recipe: unlimited as much as you want.

Old recipe: small amounts throughout the day. If you get the runs you have had too much. If you get a headache and your ketone strips are pegged, you've had too little.

Ayyy lmao, /fast/eners

Decided to take the plunge, there's enough possible reward out there to make the risk/effort worthwhile. Though I'm still doing the research. Anyone else give this book a try?

After a friends birthday dinner tonight, I'm going to start my first legit fast. Shooting for 72 hours.

Going to allow myself sparkling water, black coffee, and prescription drugs. No artificial sweeteners or gum.

Any pointers? It's not long enough to make salt/supplements necessary, so I won't bother unless I feel terrible. I'll set aside my krill oil and multivitamin just for these few days.

Attached: IMG_1438.png (1242x2208, 766K)

Absolutely, since some people (like me) binge on refeeds and some are humans about it.

Again it doesn't matter in the beginning that much since you're dropping so much weight so fast. You'll see that you can loose five pounds in two days, so a temporary two pound increase won't mean shit.

I used to keep track of it too. It just turned into another thing to obsess over so I stopped.

I just want to lose weight and feel better about myself then i am now. i don't know how much ive lost but i know i maybe lost like a few pounds maybe?

I didn't even get on the scale for the first few months. I just went by my clothing and then when I finally did get on the scale was floored.

Wait until you start getting the endorphin rushes. They're fantastic and if you're into anything creative at all (or just need to clean something) it's great.

Scale feedback is good, and it's a good way to maintain and keep track, but again for me it was just one other thing to fucking obsess over in the beginning. If I'm fasting, I'm at the very worst not gaining weight, and that's all I needed.

Enjoy your new way of life. This is forever, kinda like Jow Forums, except you'll feel good more often.

I want to start fasting, but is it recommended that you go into keto first and then start or can I just do it right away without much of a difference?

How good of an indicator of ketosis is the funny taste you get in your mouth? It hit me very obviously, the timing lined up with when I expected to enter ketosis, and I've had the same taste for the 35 hours since it hit, but I don't know if I should trust it or not.

I just had a super low carb day the day before I started and I think it greatly accelerated the process

Fasting-forced ketosis. You bypass the dreaded keto flu and just go for it.

Just don't eat.

What is that even implying? You don't need to fast to lose weight.

I thought keto flu was an electrolyte issue

Anyone ever worry fasting is just a meme perpetuated by trolls who want people to lose their gains?

No, keto flu is your body switching gears... the discomfort is from running out of easy energy (glucose) and having to work harder to convert body fat to beta hydroxybeuterate and switch the liver over from storing glucose to converting fat into glucose (neoglucogebenesis).

do you drink it warm or just bottle it up cold

I did worry about this so I paid extra to my gym for muscle and fat percentage measurements. If you are smart and train correctly at the gym you won't lose any muscle and you can even gain some muscle if you're dyel like me. I plotted the results of the measurements in a graph, pic related.

Attached: bodycomp0805.png (979x640, 27K)

Dont go so hard core.. that's a sure way to get discouraged and abandon this type of diet. Try fasting for 22 hrs and eating on a 2 hour window several times. Then go for the 48 hr fast and when you get the mental fortitude to handle the hunger pangs, go for the 72.

As long as you keep your diet on point you should be alright. Can you do bodyweight exercise? That would help prevent muscle loss.

Honestly I stopped lifting for 2 straight years and didn't lose nearly as much as I thought I would. I think you mudslimes worry more than you need to. It's basically just a cut with IF.

im stronger than fucking ever on keto and if youre so scared eat some proteins per day
they might make you hungry for a bit but youre still fasting
also no lifting when fasting

What's wrong with his head LMAOOO

Doesn't that happen on a fast, too? Does it just occur quicker?

You could just go right in. Sodium and Pot-ass are going to be a huge deal or you'll feel like you're fucking dying only one day in. I had to slightly break my fast with spinach and eggs once it was so bad.

You also might notice your insulin resistance going down. I had a single corn cob yesterday with some potato salad and I felt the insane urge to go sleepytime immediately after eating.

You can still feel sick if you do it wrong.

literal egghead

>Water breaks autophagy
>just regularly consume baking soda and epsom salt my dude

god you all turned into a fucking cult
i remember /fast/ before it was a Cole circlejerk

How much weight loss so far?

>can still feel sick

Sure. But if you do, if you're on a dry or SJ fast, you'll only feel sick for a few days. Hell I remember my first keto flu and it lasted a week.

Well, then educate me my man. You're saying you can drink water and still be in autophagic state. Can you elaborate?

I'm erring on the side of caution, since I don't know of a piss test for being in autophagy. I can go 72 hours dry with no problem, and have fucked up gums and extra skin, so am willing to try.

Lads, I apologize for the blog post, but I would like for someone to critique me. Currently 5'10 296 1.5/3/4/3 on my lifts . I started 6 weeks ago at 315 ish. I am doing OMAD of about 1700 calories and 100-125 g of protons. I then go lift, maybe some light cardio. My lifts have maintained or increased. I am also drinking and making social gains just about every weekend, but gaining 2-3 after every weekend. This feels sustainable, but progress is slow. Also, should I do the gym (and cardio) on a 23 hour fast, instead of eating then going to the gym? Sorry for the fucking rant, I've just been lurking and wanted some advice. Thanks in advance bros.

Attached: 1525389548623.jpg (960x960, 76K)

>also no lifting when fasting

Huh? why not