QTDDTOT

Attached: 1509319782777.png (796x588, 92K)

should I be doing high reps/sets on a cut to minimise muscle loss? or does it not matter too much?

can someone explain what is happening to me:

>start lifting at college whilst already a bit chubby
>get strong (above 1/2/3/4) but chubby
>graduate and mostly stop lifting (besides sporadic spurts of trying to keep it going) for a variety of reasons (broken bones, overburdensome job, girlfriend and living in a town with a shit gym)
>situation changes and i get access to a gym again
>decide to first cut before bulking back up - but to just muscle memory whatever gains i can
>start out only able to squat 90kg, bench 60kg, dead 100kg and ohp 45kg
>fast forward 4 months: can now squat 125kg, bench 80kg, dead 3pl8 and ohp 1pl8
>still losing weight (lost about 4 kilos)
>still gaining strength every week

it can't be 'muscle memory or 'noobie recomping' can it? surely not for this long. i'm literally making SS-tier progress whilst eating a 4-500 kcal defiict.

tl;dr how am i losing weight and gaining strength for months on end?

Thoughts on kickboxing fitness gyms on rest/off days?

Are there any benefits to doing 4 sets of 10 reps of reverse curls at the end of every workout?

As long as you keep myostatin levels low you will be fine, so doing active recovery stuff like swimming or light lifting on rest days will help more than changing your reps

Possible to order test online like you can roids?

Attached: no homo.jpg (990x707, 166K)

Its your CNS adjusting again bringing your recruitment and efficiency back to previous levels

MMA is cardio. Rest on rest days.

>24
>work as a developer
>live in germany
>earn good money
>like my life so far
>get a job offer from big american company
>would be a great job and a lot of money
>i'd have to move to california..
>my gf couldn't move there the next 2 years
>my dad will be 70 soon

I just don't know if it's the thing for me..

what should i do to improve grip? got the feeling i could more on deadlift if i could hold the bar better

Attached: 41scXH9paiL.jpg (500x500, 29K)

so you're telling me i can make it most of the way back to over 1/2/3/4 with dyel amounts of muscle?

so Im just sitting at home during rest days and use this or should I implement it somehow in my training?

What the fuck are you even saying?

why is taking zinc good

look up fat grips and how to use them too. rock climbing gyms or rock climbing attachments to pull up bars really do the trick. but fat grips or grip trainers are the most accesible though

Zinc is needed for testosterone.
Low zinc= low test
Bring zinc levels to normal and test will be back to normal. Also gives me harder erections especially in the morning.

regular zinc supplements work?

How to jelq while on NoFap? Seems getting a chub will lead to sexual thoughts...

Probably. But I take zma

My jogging routine involves jogging as long as I can till I can't jog. Than taking a rest for 45 sec before jogging again.
Am I doing it right?

doing starting strength for the past 4 weeks. stalled early on ohp but was form was shit (still is)

i go M/W/F but kind of want something to do in the gym on the other weekdays so i leave the house. would it hurt any to do some planks/curls/rows on those days? my arms are chicken-tier

There are accessories you can do daily

oh neat, i haven't made it that far in the book yet. only about halfway through trying to correct my form. guess i'll get back to reading, thanks

yeah, can't really mess up jogging

Your grip works like any other muscle. If your grip isn't keeping up with how much you lift, treat hand squeezers like any other accessory exercise.

Although I will use them when I'm at my computer after a workout. Squeeze them as long as you can before your grip fails, then switch hands.

what can i do to train abs if i have problems on my spine (no heavy deadlifts or squats) and it also seems crunches are bad for your spine what the fuck do i do then, planks all day every fucking day?

Attached: 1520822001008.png (326x258, 20K)

How does the Mog precedence go?

If someone who is tall and ugly is standing next to someone short and handsome, who is mogging who?

Attached: 1456829545277.png (318x320, 44K)

>tall and ugly
tall people aren't ugly they are rugged
short people aren't handsome they are adorable

I feel like I can squat way more ATG because of the stretch reflex at the bottom. Is it just an illusion or does going lower actually make it easier?

Yeah get a load of this rugged stud

Attached: 354813_display_image.jpg (268x400, 18K)

New to squatting and my hip adductors are tight as hell going up. I've tried switching my stance but to no real affect. Should I just stretch every day to get past this or am I doing something wrong in my form ? It feels really limiting that such a tiny muscle is holding my otherwise passable quads back.

I do low rep, high weight because I lose stamina and want to tear some fibers before I get tuckered out. I'm not sure if this is sound logic though

What shorts can I buy that are breathable and light? My glutes and quads have grown too large (thanks SS) for my old shorts and I need to go buy some more. The problem is I'm a total autist and don't know what I'm doing when shopping.

This is complete bullshit other than the part about handsome manlets being adorable

Have you tried widening your feet a lot and pointing your toes farther outward?
I have a very wide stance for this reason

Guys my vision gets blurry when i do pullups, how do i fix this? It doesnt happen with dips/pushups etc..

How does one go about learning new lifts? Just do it?

I guess I can go even wider but I'm at a bit beyond shoulder length now

Haven't hit the gym in a year or so
Getting ready to go back
Feels like I may die from heart failure since I'm so out of shape these days and getting used lifting will take a long time

I hope muscle memory and CNS memory is still there since I used to workout 5-6 days a week

Attached: 1526498166083.jpg (499x403, 67K)

How do you recover from a lower back injury? I was squatting and it felt like my back compressed and its been painful to bend over or do any kind of back movement.

Try just a little wider and try with your feet pointing farther out. And try these suggestions with and without each other so you can get a feel for how they interact.

Everbody has different proportions and different hips, so not everybody finds the same positions comfortable.

Also try to lower the weight. These issues get amplified at higher weights and lots of noobies overeach and it fucks up their form.

If these don't help I'm not sure what to say. Maybe stretches. Don't give up on figuring out back squats, but if they are not possible at the moment you should do front squats in the meantime. They might be a lot easier regarding this issue.

What's the longest you've hit a plateau for?

I was stuck on 70lb dumbells for dumbell chest press for about 3 months I'd say. annoying as shit. Went on a week vacation where I didn;t work out at all and I came back able to finally put up 75lbs. barely though.

Anyone ever got plica knee syndrome?

How did you deal with it?

Attached: 1440823255073.jpg (767x493, 153K)

hollow hold is ok imo

I haven't seen a routine rate thread in a while. Anything glaringly wrong with this U/L split? I found one I liked and modified it so it can be done with free-weights and bands only for home gym use.

Attached: workout split.jpg (1470x224, 101K)

Thanks I'll give it a go next session. Also weight right now is usually just bar or 65lbs. Thanks for hte feedback !!

I prefer to do pullups before rows, and I do rear delt stuff like facepulls after both of them.

No problem. Don't get discouraged. It takes a lot of people a long time to figure out how to squat comfortably.

I experienced a similar instance with my OHP. It took me a week off (went on vacation) to add that extra 10lbs to my reps. I was stuck at that weight for about two months though, never thought to decrease my weight and increase my volume.

He's asking if it's possible to buy testosterone online you illiterate nigger

best bodyweight routine???

Do convict conditioning
The one from 666 or whatever
Or the revised 5BX.
All three are really good.

Training forearms that's all.
Yes
No do a real program. Couch to 5k for example
If you're skipping the chinups and rows you're not doing SS. Buy the book or pirate it
Starting bodyweight .com or something like that has one. Convict conditioning. I think there's a routine on Reddit. Conquering Gravity

Just give up you'll never do it

Is doing this twice a week enough for abs?

Attached: AA853162-278B-437A-A2A7-783669830237.jpg (960x790, 119K)

what accessories should i add? And for a more powerlifting approach should I just keep bench as the main press and not alternate?

Attached: 4dayTM.jpg (720x960, 110K)

How do I tell if my lower back pain is from lifting or my shitty office job?

What kind of job?

Have you thought about getting a standing desk

That's a fucking ton of volume. I think you should try something like:

Monday: Heavy Bench (think 5x3,6x2,10x1), Incline Bench volume (3x10, 4x8) plus rows between every set of both. Put a heavy DB next to your bench and just crank out reps. At the end so one tricep exercise, one bicep, and one shoulder for 3-4x8-12

Tuesday: Heavy Deadlifts (see above), RDL volume (see above), then do one quad exercise and one posterior chain exercise for like 3-4x8-12. For example: leg press and good mornings. Maybe do abs as well

Thursday: Heavy OHP (you seeing a trend?), Close grip bench volume (or weighted dips) do pull-ups between every set of these two. Then do one bicep exercise, one tricep exercise, and one shoulder exercise for 3-4x8-12

Friday: Heavy squat, volume front squats, one posterior chain, one quads, and maybe abs.

Use the 5x3 scheme until you stall, then when you stall do 6x2, then when you stall that do 10x1, if you stall that reduce by 15% and go back to 5x3.

5x10 should go up but it's not the main focus of your efforts so don't worry if they don't go up. Same goes for accessories.

Eat well, sleep 8+ hours a night (get to bed before midnight), and browse Jow Forums less

Idk what your definition of enough is but it's probably a step up from your current routine. At the same time no one cares and you're probably better off doing a real routine

>sweat like a faucet at the drop of a hat, even from something as light as a walk in the woods in pleasant weather
>have to chug water almost constantly to keep up with what I'm losing
>so bad that weights start slipping out of my hands after a few minutes
>have to shower at least twice a day, even if I'm not working out that day
I admit I'm not in perfect shape, but I'm definitely not fat, and I wasn't like this when I was younger
what the hell is going on? diet?

I went swimming the other day and after the first stroke I felt some pain in my arm. Now a week after I feel some mid discomorft,pain,like something is overstretching when trying to reach something or rotate my arm. I encountered the most discomfort in the bench press so I avoided that.and did only dumbell flyes Is it a a small tendon injury ? I did pulldowns,rows etc just fine but it still hurts when I have it overhead or when Im sleeping on my side. Pic related is the spot that bothers me.

Attached: 1504041566567.jpg (3264x2448, 1.14M)

Might also be hormones or some weird pancreas issue. In the meantime try chalk for lifting ? Def see a doctor if it gets worse and try going on a simpler diet for awhile

I'm an estimator for a construction company. Some days I can get out to go look at work, but others I'm stuck behind a computer all day. Pretty small company so I doubt they would pay for a standing desk. I havent priced one myself.

Why does sex reduce hunger?
I can have sex from morning til the afternoon without eating anything. Just drinking water. I know that I'm hungry but I never feel the need to go and get some food. Whereas if I were attempting to fast, I'd know I was hungry and then feel very keen to go and get food.

I suppose it has something to do with my body considering sex (aka making babies) more important than nutrition. But how does this work?

it temporarily lowers your testosterone, which in turn slows down your metabolism

Yeah, sex is basically the ulti.ate biological concern. I often get very hungry afterwards when I didn't even realize I was hungry. Probably release of catecholamines and endorphins numbs the hunger, but idk.

You sure? This seems very unlikely to me.

a part of your triceps function is to push your arm behind your back, you likely don't do this often and fired inactive muscle groups. try some tricep pushbacks, light weight and slow

why is it so hard to do just one pushup as a lanklet? fuck dude, I want to at least be able to do ten

My left pec is pretty much missing the entire inner upper portion.
What do I do to fix this?

Attached: 1458173984473.gif (441x270, 442K)

I can't float, at all and never learned to swim. Is it possible to learn to swim if you cannot float at all? Even with my lungs full of air and spreading my limbs out I slowly sink under the water.

I've been experiencing a mild but noticeable pain in my right knee whenever I run. Is it nothing or should I get it checked out?

is chest harder to progress on than other muscles? I feel like I'm way behind on progress for that compared to the others

Do wall push ups in the meantime

good idea

Could it be cause the only tricep exercises ever was close grip bench press and tricep pulldowns ?

Also the spot is between my bicep and tricep on the inside of my arm if it wasn't clear. Sometimes I feel it going up to my armpit a bit too.

Thanks for the reply too !

I want some really garish leggings, any brand recs?

Trained before, but stopped because I couldn't afford the gym. Now in a few months I'll be getting back to it, but I want to start training at home to get a bit in shape before going back to lifting. What can I do that won't be a loss of time? As in strenght, muscular growth, etc

Well it depends on how you position yourself...

Are you lean as fuck? If you're lean it's harder to float, but won't stop you from swimming in the slightest

Unless you are lean, you can float, you just suck at it.

Do goodmornings with objects/dumbell for your lower back. Also bodyweight squats where you drop slowly and then rise rapidly.

Will I ever get laid again?

Attached: 6606E225-B2BE-4427-8499-A5CA9089366B.jpg (579x523, 103K)

Anyone have experience with muscle imbalance? I noticed some soreness in my lower left back, and a bit more soreness in my right leg compared to the left. Can I do a single leg press to get the other side up to par? Split squats feel very awkward to me.

Is it normal that I can lift at least 2x heavier weights with my calves than I can with my entire legs?

I want to start working out but when anons starting talking in jargon I get confused because 'tism. Is there a definitive book or something out there for comprehensive terminology? I don't have a smartphone and I don't have regular internet access.

Attached: 1432148157625.jpg (797x621, 50K)

Calves are strong as fuck, but also it's only a few inches of movement and your calf muscle pulls in basically direct opposition to the upward movement so it's very efficient

Almost all of our jargon is googleable, is it not?

Other than Jow Forums autism jargon that you're not really missing out on

27 yrs, 5'8, 170lbs male

How much weight should
I be squatting (bar included)?

I'm talking 10 clean reps not one going for max.

Attached: IMG_4273.jpg (713x399, 38K)

For the non-permavirgins among you guys -

How hairy does a girl's ass have to be for you to be disgusted? I've been dating this girl for a while now and she is hairy. Visible peach fuzz if she doesn't shave for 2 weeks, and now that she has gotten "comfy" she has BUSH.

I don't mind any of that. But her ass man. She's never shaved her ass and it has to be the hairest ass I've ever seen. When she wears a thong you can literally see her ass hairs flowing through the string. I can't "hit it from the back" anymore because all the asshair just turns me off. I don't understand if I'm being vain. The only 2 other girls I've slept with had no noticable ass hair - the other one I even gave a rimjob. The rest have been prostitutes who zap their shit.

I don't know how to bring it up. I rarely shave my own pubes, and I trim it now and then, and I've honestly never thought about ass hairs before her.

Does Jow Forums's gf have a lot of noticeable ass hair?

Are you brand new? If you are, it doesn't matter at all. All that matters is that your form is 100%. Whatever weight is challenging, but absolutely never compromises your form is the weight that's right for you

as much as you can rep 10 with decent form?

Lol is she Mexican?? Just tell her to shave it. Make her insecure about it and she'll do something about it.

I don't mind a bit of ass hair, but tons of it might get to me, idk

Just tell her. She can handle it, and if she can't that's her problem. Just don't be a dick about it

I guess it's kinda vain, but who cares? Good sex with the gf is more important than whether or not it's vain.

What do you guys do for abs? Currently doing weighted planks for 2 minutes then weighted sit ups and leg raises.

Actually, maybe just tell her the last part, minus the "who cares"

You mean rep 5

German. And she is insecure about it, and I've gone down that route. She just gets caught up in her feelings and does nothing about it. She also has nipple hair too lmao. They are like whiskers.

This might be the only choice. I don't even know how to help her. Should I just gift it to her? I guess I don't know how to bring it up.

I just do weighted and unweighted crunches. Sometimes small leg raises

I've always been under the impression that isometric exercises like planks don't tear as many fibres. Idk if that's an old meme or not, though.

Sit ups are not an ab exercise. After you get your shoulders off the floor (after the crunch part) they are a leg exercise (hip flexor iirc)