Why doesn't Jow Forums like running? There's always a powerlifting general thread but almost never a running general

Why doesn't Jow Forums like running? There's always a powerlifting general thread but almost never a running general.

Attached: 1503200471381.png (1970x1946, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=403120
ajs.sagepub.com/content/18/4/379.short
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16790540
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18550323
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9489830
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4523889/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because people here can’t do it probably. Even though I’m not competitive anymore, I can still drop 6 min miles at 185 and lifting. Some 200lb fat ass who’s never run before seriously can’t. That and it seems a lot of people can’t manage what they eat and running a lot will make you shovel a lot of calories down to compensate.

I like running, and run generals have lived and died here off and on.

Fucking lol at this pic

Cardio kills gainz

>running a lot will make you shovel a lot of calories down to compensate
Explain.

Substantiate.

Attached: we'll show him.png (812x548, 441K)

running kills gains during bulks

I do not understand why people say this.

Lost it at the last panel
Also, nothing wrong with running. I do it, appreciate its benefits, and love the T spike.. but damn can it be boring and uncomfortable.
Just give me some weights to slam around. My goal is to set off the Lunk Alarm from my home gym.

Enjoy your fucked up knee joints.

How can you enjoy an activity that gives you no gains and doesn't really do much? If you want to run, high intensity sprinting is the actual way to go to burn fat, release HGH and build muscle, although it is very autistic.
If you just want some good cardio, swimming is a thousand times better and doesn't fuck your joints at all, oh and you will get godlike shoulders.

What is there to talk about regarding running

>lifts weights
Enjoy your fucked up arm joints.

Ultimately I think people are scared of running.
>running is hard and it makes you go out of breath!

I absolutely wish I could run well. If I ever get my gym membership back, the treadmill will be my main work out.

also skip rope, faggots

Attached: 1523180210289.png (800x800, 41K)

>Paying a gym membership to run
>running outside is free

Well excuuuuuse me, country boy.
I live in a city where running isn't great. I still can't get over that self conscious thing where I believe people think I'm weird for running. Apart from that, winter here is like 5 months long and it's snows a shit load.

Just jogging burns 3/4 if you let body weight in calories per mile. So like me weighing 185 would mean I burn about 139 calories in a mile. Do 5 miles in a day and your looking at 695 calories to be at maitenece for the day. Do 35 miles a week and that’s an extra 4865 calories for the whole week. That’s about two extra McDonald’s cheese burgers a day. (Like 1.8 I think)

So why wouldn't you just cook a hearty meal for yourself then?

The long distance autists always invade good HIIT threads with their twink comments

the only people who drop mile times are high school runners who haven't run since probably did soccer in the fall. Drop a 10K time, or at least a 5k.

Calorie burn is based on heart rate though, not your weight.

Dumb brainlet.

jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=403120
>We did not find an increased prevalence of osteoarthritis among the runners. Our observations suggest, within the limits of our study, that long-duration, high-mileage running need not be associated with premature degenerative joint disease in the lower extremities.

ajs.sagepub.com/content/18/4/379.short
>a lifetime of long distance running at mileage levels comparable to those of recreational runners today is not associated with premature osteoarthrosis in the joints of the lower extremities

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16790540
>Long-distance running might even have a protective effect against joint degeneration

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18550323
>Long-distance running among healthy older individuals was not associated with accelerated radiographic OA. These data raise the possibility that severe OA may not be more common among runners.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9489830
>The presence of radiographic hip OA and the progression of radiographic knee OA was similar for older runners and nonrunners.

Because there really isn't much to talk about.

Ask me how I know it's summer where you are

Form, gear, running events?

>hey guys, did you go running today?
>yeah I went for X which is better than yesterday
>no I need to go though thanks
>what are some good shoes for Y terrain?

Etc. Basically the same thing as weightlifting threads.

I like to run during summer, much less during winter. 40min runs in the warm sun are a balsam to the soul, good for your stamina and you lose some fat in the process. Yes HIIT is better, I know. But a slow paced run just makes me feel relaxed afterwards.

Shut up brainlet

Literally no one gives a shit if you run. You're self-conscious and sensitive as fuck. Are you a woman?

Why are there never swimming threads?

I swear to god some anons want to be necklets, have weak backs, and have no mobility

Nah I'm a chubby guy. My man boobs definitely work against me.

They aren't gonna judge you anymore than they are judging you now.

Is there anyone there who loves running in the winter season? Can't do intervals because of the ice, only slow runs. I hate that.

yeah not true, I've gotten loads of swimming injuries in arms, shoulder and knees so fuck off, you've couldve atleast tried meming your way through by saying cycling

If dubs I will run right fucking now

You do realize distance running is the strongest physical trait of the human race? Humans are the best distance runners on earth. We destroy every other specie.
"Muh knee joints"
Your fucking knees don't just blow out from basic cardio. How fat, ugly and retarded are you to think this?
If you're not in cardio shape you're not even able to fulfill your own strongest trait that your ancestors evolved millions of years doing which is pathetic. You're whole purpose primitively is almost useless.

Op, my messed up my pec tendons so Im unable to lift for like a month so I'm running like a mad man lately.

because it fucking sucks, obv

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4523889/

How fucking retarded are you?

Like how did you even find Jow Forums

YOUR LEGS ARE MEANT FOR RUNNING YOU DUMBFUCKER.

Holy shit this guy is the most stupid person ive seen ever on Jow Forums

"-5000 years ago: jaguars start to run at the man, does the man run or walk?"

Dude our ancestors ran from shit 24/7, its maybe not meant to push yourself tol far, however the things you said are retarded

Attached: IMG_0455.png (1024x649, 861K)

I started that C25K a couple weeks ago. I'm currently up to Week 4. I wish I could run outside and not on a treadmill, but the weather here has been pretty shit lately.

If your knees are getting fucked from doing exactly what we are adapted to do then you are without hope

Shit, man. I grew up in the countryside in Tennessee and I couldn't run because every car that passed would stop and offer me a ride. Fuckers were too nice. I had to grow up and move to a city to get a nice greenway to run on.

>appeal to nature argument
I’ll give you a moment to realise that what you are saying is really fucking dumb. I’ll give you a hint, it has to do with the fact that our nomadic ancestors lived vastly different lives than we do now (usually dying at a relatively young age).

Our ancestors didn’t run from shit. If anything they ran shit down.

>went jogging last week
>knee pain after 4km
>went jogging on monday
>knee pain at 5km
>went jogging today
>run 8km
>no pain at all

could it be that today it was less humid than last week?
I don't know what the fuck is going on.

I never did a 10k but I had a 5k time of 17:15. I stopped though cause I just got really burned out.

>1.5 mile time is 10:39
how do I increase it brehs I want to get it under 10

>"-5000 years ago: jaguars start to run at the man, does the man run or walk?"
Man picks up giant log with knees slightly bent and grip mixed and blocks the jaguars charge, stunning it before man slowly lowers the giant log on the jaguars head and repeats 5x5

run more

I love running. I used to run 6km every morning. When I go to the gym, I have to restrain myself from going over to the treadmills. And force myself to lift.

What really needs to be discussed with running? Alternating endurance and HIIT and fartlek? Hip abductor exercises? Shoes? Like I said, I love running but it's pretty straightforward. Lifting is wayyy more complicated and can go badly if you don't know what you're doing.

Niggers ran for miles to hunt. The white man, living in areas where the hunting was done in dense forests, was more focused on stealth and sprinting.
If you're white you should be doing HIIT instead of long running.

I read all about fartlek just now sonce you mentioned it. I'm definitely going to start doing a mailbox fartlek.

I want to get better at 5k. My current time is 29 minutes. Rip

Intervals without slow runs? Are you fucking serious.

How do i into HIIT?

>what is my body adapting to a stimulus placed upon it?
gee, I don’t know

How dumb of a bigger do you have to be to believe that we didn’t evolve for long distance running? We’re the only mammals that sweat out of the skin and have the ability to cool ourselves down so we can continue running. Fucking brainlets.

Lmao I live in NYC and I run year round stop being a bitch and why would someone judge you for running
>Wow what a weirdo he's trying to be healthy
The only times I don't run outside during the winter is when the snow starts turning to the nasty black slush from cars/people walking in it because the ground becomes way too slippery

Run more

You should also have days for speed training and distance training as they both help each other

Swimming should be compulsory for all computer nerds to redress their terrible posture

>running fucks up your joints
>but lifting weights doesn't

This is a new kind of stupid. Neither will unless you're retarded about it.

I feel like swimming is the quickest way to ottermode brad who gets poon all day, why is this never mentioned on Jow Forums?
I'm going to investigate this myself...

>do sprints

I wanna argue this but when I started out I did sprints.

And it fucking worked, my diet was trash so I didnt make any real progress but j noticed a serious stamina increase after the first month

Because no one on fit actually likes to exercise. We just like going into the gym to grunt like a gorilla on the overhead press machine and shit and curl in the squat rack while trying to talk up a gym bunny cuz we know she be mirin.

My knees don't like running

>he thinks humans survived because of running speed
Almost every fucking animal in the animal kingdom is faster than us, they could catch us and kill us in an instant.
Intelligence = tools, weapons, fire, traps, organization, combat tactics.
That's what made us survive, not running like fucking usain bolt.
Running was probably used sometimes, but not constantly like a runner do.

>"-5000 years ago: jaguars start to run at the man, does the man run or walk?
You're incredibly retarded.
Jaguar speed: 80 km/h. (50 miles)
Tiger speed: 49-65km/h
Lion speed: 80km/h
Hyena speed: 60km/h
Gray Wolf speed: 50-60km/h
MAXIMUM human speed: 45km/h. (28miles)

Read this and understand evolution. We survived because of intelligence, we didn't constantly run away from predators, because we couldn't.

I weigh 230 and can run 4 miles in 25 mins, people don't like running because of the initial effort but once you get into a habit of it it's really enjoyable. I do struggle a lot with distances more than 5 or 6 miles though.

Maybe I miss read your post so please don’t take offense, but you might want to check your distances. 4 miles in 25 mins is pretty good. But if you struggle running 5-6 miles then something’s not right.

That can't be real life. Since when women are polite?

The distances are accurate. My running routes are cross country and over a lot of inclines so I think what happens is that I start to cramp up in my calves and my ankles struggle. I have trouble pacing myself for longer runs too

/fat/ is that way -->

i love running :)

Cardio is like getting fucked in the ass. Only gays and women do it.

i run
then the next day when im squatting my knees feel like the got cancer
running is plebian as fuck, cycling is patrician low impact cardio

>Well excuuuuuse me, country boy.
literally actually off yourself

I feel so much prouder of fatties running than fit people. I seriously feel good seeing you fat blobs heaving yourselves down the sidewalk. It takes some fucking effort to move that much mass. I have no idea if others would think like me but yeah, I'd be happy as shit for you if I saw you running.