Do PPL six times a week

>Do PPL six times a week

I’m not disparaging anybody that does it because you will most likely develop a beast mode physique if you can maintain that level of dedication but I am limited on time but does any feel like that is excessive? Ive got other things going on in my life and have a pretty good physique already.

Jow Forums how many times a week do you hit the gym?

Attached: 65FBA352-7A66-4BB3-A687-D0FDB30F1327.jpg (1024x788, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

About 5-6 times a week. Overtraining is overplayed. We're addicts bro.

I know man. If I go three or four times a week, I feel like I neglected my body but at the same time fuck man. That’s a lot of time spent in the gym

I do PPL six times a week but I only started doing that because I legitimately enjoy working out and wasn't satisfied just going 3 or 4. I actually don't care if my gains are even slightly worse with this training methodology, I just love this sheeeit

Reduce to 3 times per week and get more out of each workout.

Gains are ONLY made by passing the pain/fatigue barrier, and that's not possible 6 days a week.

It sounds like BS but you'll get better gains by going hard as fuck 3 times vs going moderately hard 6 times.

t. used to go hard 7 days per week while NEET

>Gains are ONLY made by passing the pain/fatigue barrier
Where did you pull this shit from?

Newfag here. What is PPL and why is it good?

Attached: 1431372357428.jpg (400x400, 43K)

upper/lower. i do it """four times a week""" which realistically turns into upper, lower, upper...and lower if i have the time.

>limited on time

Every human being that has ever lived has the same amount of hours in a day. If you really wanted to push yourself towards greatness you would make time. I wake up at 5AM every day and am finishing my workout while many of my peers will still be asleep for hours. Git gud.

I just run it like PPLPP then live for the weekend.

I do PPLxUpperxLower I feel like its the best of both PPL and Upper/Lower

This is the most ideal workout, especially assuming you do deadlifts on Pull day, get a bit of overlap on legs.

Really don't need to train legs twice a week unless you are competing and want tree trunk legs.

Newfag as admitted . What is an example of an upper/lower workout? I have never lifted before btw.

post physique

I do PPLxPPLx, so I typically go 5 times per week. I used to only have one rest day, but found I didn't recover fully unless I added that extra one in. IF you just want to go 3 times and do a full body, that would be fine as well

Attached: 1500022413273.jpg (750x1331, 122K)

6 times a week is fine as higher frequency is needed for mass. It would be in your best interests to ensure that you're getting adequate sleep however since recovery is where the muscle is actually made but you need the volume of work to get anything out of it especially as you progress further away from beginner lifts.

XARBRAR
>Sunday: Off
>Monday: A - Squats/Back/Chest/Biceps
>Tuesday: R - Run
>Wednesday: B - Deads/Shoulders/Triceps
>Thursday: R - Run
>Friday: A - Squats/Back/Chest/Biceps
>Saturday: R - Run

Can one of you beautiful anons send a good PPL routine my way?

Monday: Chest+Back+Arms
Tuesday: Legs (Quad focus eg: squats and leg press)+abs
Thursday: Shoulders+back+arms
Friday: Legs (hamstring focus eg: deadlifts and RDLs)+abs

this is my routine including my Upper/Lower

Attached: routine.jpg (502x961, 167K)

use something like this as a base and fit it to your own needs

Attached: 1455647583059.png (871x1646, 135K)

>Tfw been doing PPL 7 days a week for like 3 or 4 months
>It's all I enjoy doing now
Spend at least 2hrs a day in the gym
Up to 6hrs if I'm off of work
Feels good man

Attached: image_0.jpg (652x408, 39K)

I run PPL 7 times a week, with an occasional rest day after legs. My routine:

Push Day:

1 Upper Chest Exercise (Incline DB Bench Press/Incline Close Grip DB Bench Press/Low-Pulley Cable Flys/Incline Chest Press Machine) 4x6-10
1 Middle Chest Exercise (DB Bench Press/Close Grip DB Bench Press/Chest Press Machine/Cable Flys) 4x6-10
1 Lower Chest Exercise (Usually just High-Pulley Cable Flys) 4x8-12
1 Front/Side Delts Exercise (Some variation of shoulder press/laterall raise) 4x8-12
1 Rear Delt Exercise (Face-Pulls/Bent-Over Raise) 4x8-12
2 Triceps Exercises 4x8-12

I haven’t done Barbell Bench Press in ages since my chest was nonexistent and ever since I’ve switched to DBs, my pecs exploded.

Pull Day:

1 Vertical Pull Exercise (Weighed Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups/Etc) 4x8
2 Rows Variations (T-Bar/Seated/Wide-Grip/Etc) 4x8-12
2 Biceps Exercises 4x8-12
1 Traps Exercise 3x8-12

I’m not doing Deadlifts since they are strength focused and honestly fuck strength, I’m all about looks.

Leg Day:

Squats (Holy Grail of Legs) 4x4-6
Leg Press Variation Exercise 4x8-12
Leg Extension 4x8-12
Leg Curls 4x8-12
2 Calf Exercises 4x14-18
1 Abs Exercise 3x10

Been running it 7 times a week for 6 months now, I feel you bro

Whatchu boys think bout this except done in PPLPPLx

Attached: 1526512120693s.png (700x563, 19K)

Can you do PPL with just a cage and a barbell (and maybe a Spud Inc pulley system)?
Otherwise I'll stick with SL and graduate to 8/6/3

Dude that’s my routine I’ve posted above

Took it further. I train six days a week, on a homebrew routine I made up from several other routines.
Everybody else would think it's retarded, and it probably is, but this seems like a high frequency appreciation thread, so here goes.

Days 1,3,5: legs, back, traps, biceps, core
Days 2,4,6: chest, shoulders, triceps, forearms, cardio/conditioning n shit

Again, being based on several other routines helps me going on at a steady pace despite the retarded amounts of volume and frequency.
So for instance:
-bench press thrice a week, based on Candito's
-squats thrice a week, based on madcow's
-barbell row thrice weekly, based n any 5x5 ever
-some hybrid shit for pulls, I do rack pulls 5x5 on days 1 and 5, raising the weight by 2/4 kg every time (I need to adapt my grip which is piss poor), and deadlifts 5x5 on day 3 raising the weight whenever I feel like it.
-for military press/seated overhead press i do whatever, some days I'm goin plain old 4x12, others 6x2, 7x4 or whatever, works so far
-weighted pull ups 5x5 on days 1&5, raise the weight by 2kg every week

To this, add a fuckload of accessories on all kinds of sets and reps schemes. I've got 4x6 on ez curls and 3x20+10 on partial lateral raises, all sorts of stuff
But we're still talking about up to 16 different exercises on the busiest days, shit's just plain asinine

It's working great so far. I'm on week three now (out of 8), just came back to the gym after two months of sickness. Took me a couple weeks to get used to lifting again, I've since gotten tronger and bigger than I was before falling sick.

Attached: IMG_7344.jpg (360x600, 75K)

Also the 6 days a week thing isn't exactly true for the whole 8 weeks.
I do it like this:
W1 and W2 - 6 days
W3 and W4 - 5 days
W5 - 4 days, new rms on whatever and "deload"
W6 - 6 days
W7 - 5 days
W8 - 5/4 days

After that I take two weeks of deload.
Tbh I ran something like this back in September and gains were amazing, but it had maybe half the shit I do now. It was basically just Candito, 5 days a week through, with a lot of accessories.

I don't think this thing is for everybody, right now I'm eating upwards of 4500/5000 kcals a day, sleeping at least 8 hours, and snorting creatine all day long.
It's not supposed to be a thing you do long term, I'm planning on finishing it then switching to something more diverse and manageable for the summer, 4/5 days a week, throw in some weightlifting and calisthenics, I dunno

Making retarded strenght and mass gains, anyway. Love this shit. Yes, workouts take even 2.5 hours at times, but I love the act of training and work in a gym anyway, so it's no biggie.

If anyone is interested I can give you some more details and specific, I feel like I've rambled enough for now

Peace boys

Oh shit haha, are you that dude with the mirror selfie? Took a liking to this routine from a thread few days ago. Don't know If It's worth a try.

That’s me! It’s the best routine I’ve ran so far, I think I’m running it for almost 2 years and I have yet to plateau.

You can run it either PPLxPPL or PPLPPLx, I just love gym and want to work out everyday.

If you feel like 6 days a week is too much, PHUL is solid as well.

Attached: 59C96788-165D-44AC-AF87-8A198789B0AE.jpg (1080x1921, 331K)

Could you estimate about how much time each one of these takes on average?

Could I start with Pull on Tuesday, Push on Thursday, Legs on Saturday and see noob gains?

Attached: DCI0rxyWsAIQT1T.jpg (1080x985, 80K)

There you are! What is PHUL if you don't mind me asking? Also I noticed there's no barbell bench in there, why?

Pull Day - When I really up the tempo, I can squeeze it under 1 hour.

Push & Legs 1.5 hour tops

If you wanna work out just 3 days a week, Full Body workout is the only routine you can follow. PPL 3 times a week doesn’t work because of the really low frequency.

PHUL - Power Hypertrophy Upper Lower
This is a really solid routine:
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

I’ve got few reasons for ditching BB BP. Mainly:
>DBs have better ROM
>DBs employ more chest muscle fibres
>DBs put less stress on joints
>DBs have lesser risk of injury
>DBs are better for chest building and BB for stregth building (I’m all after them looks)
>you can go to failure without a spotter with DBs

You can however do BB BP instead of any DB BP I’ve listed. It’s just that when I was doing BB BP, my chest was pathetic. It’s still lagging behind, but it’s better now.

If you’d feel like it’s too much, you could always lower the number of sets from 4 to 3 and you’d save some time and still did more than enough volume

a cat with three dogs is equivalent to three whites and their token nigger friend

Attached: 1460687166447.jpg (1424x2048, 299K)

I do 6 days a week but don't repeat movements except for the last day.

I'm the user asking about doing 3 days of separate PPL. Looks like PHUL is what I really need to get into. Thanks for your knowledge and for taking the time to help out a dyel-tier noob.

Attached: 1478763092448.jpg (640x360, 74K)