Bodyweight routine

I'm not gonna have access to a gym this summer at all but I don't wanna become a weakling. What's the best bodyweight routine to not lose gains and maybe even get stronger during the summer?

Attached: Push-Up.jpg (620x349, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rutracker.org/forum/search_cse.php?q=gold medal bodies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bumping, I want to know too

doing only bodyweight, you probably won't gain muscle, strength will depend on how far you are on your weights. Do you have access to any weights, even just a couple dumbbells, or maybe a sturdy backpack and a pl8?

Also curious, bump

bumping for you op

Dips will get you jacked. Pullups/chinups for back and bis, pushups with varying arm widths and inclines, lunges and sprints for legs, also just basic paused bodyweight squats. I had no access to a gym for a year and all i did was these exercises with varying rep and set ranges. I actually got stronger on almost every lift when i returned to the weights

be prepared to do an insane amount of volume
a well made backpack and different sizes smooth rocks helped me a lot too

What do you actually do with those backpacks? I can only imagine some shoulder exercises with those.

Push ups, dips, pistol squats, pull ups/chin ups, and hanging leg raises are good body weight exercises. If you don't have access to a bar, do pike push ups instead of pull ups and L-sits instead of leg raises.

>What do you actually do with those backpacks?
Are...are you pulling my leg?

I'm doing Gold Medal Bodies and really liking it.
Since I'm stupidly arrogant, I started at the olympic rings course. They have a beginner bodyweight routine too. Worth it.

are these free?

Don't do dips.
They are a shit meme exercise and everyone who actually does them doesn't do them often. The one's who you see doing them are retarded gear heads that oft do them WEIGHTED just show off for the fucking camera after pinning or popping an oral.

Nope, but there's torrents floating around somewhere if you look. It's how I got mine.

rutracker.org/forum/search_cse.php?q=gold medal bodies

Start easy in each catagory, when you can do 3x10 in a certain exercise, advance to the next. Do this 3 times a week and do some HIIT cardio.

Attached: 1526239301496.jpg (3773x4000, 3.12M)

oh boy. can't do dips yet and giving out advice?

user, I've done every varriation of dip you can imagine.
They fuck with your shoulders and are a fucking meme.

NO ONE WHO CAN DO THEM COMFORTABLY DOES THEM ALL OF THE TIME!!
It's a fucking joke for loser wannabees to look tough.

here's a protip : keep your shoulders retracted and limit the rom

Question: do you do each exercise that you did previously again each day or do you start where you left off?

start where you left off

No just do the newest one for as many reps as possible, like if I achieved 3x10 push-ups easily all my future push-ups would be diamond push-ups until I can get 3x10 of those. I would also reccomend circuit training these, meaning just move on to the next exercise on the list until you cycle back 3 times. Example, do 1x10 push-ups, handstands next, dips, ect. until you cycle back to push-ups again after planks.

Trying to get my base strength up before enrolling in a gym.

Thanks for this user, will def work this into my routine as I wasn't seeing any progress.

what sort of mental retardation is this

>Trying to get my base strength up before enrolling in a gym.
why? just start with empty bar and work up.

Sure thing man. I'd recommend that if you are able to do barbell routines, do those over bodyweight, but if it's your only option at the moment it will certainly be better than nothing.

It's called experience.
You should get some.

>done every variation of dip you can imagine
Wow, it's so impressive how you've managed to perform every variation of dip incorrectly that you believe dips are bad for you. Next you'll tell us that squats are bad for your knees and deadlifts ruin your back.

Attached: 1472353982306.png (300x256, 78K)

>lifting empty bar
Nobody actually does this, right?

No one Dips.
It's a meme joke movement.
Lastly, show me twenty fucking pro lifters who haven't fucked their shit up with deadlifting and squating.
Hell name fucking 5.

If you have a chest gap incorporate some flys with a band or something. It's a cheap option. I did a bodyweight regimen for 9 months after being lethargic and my chest looked all fucked up, like Chris Jericho but not nearly as bad. As it turns out I don't have great chest genetics but after doing some flys, which I had never done before, things improved drastically.

Are you supposed to do dips any other way? I have rom autism and this is fucking with me. I thought locking your shoulders back was just correct form.

if anons need strength before the gym, I'd assume that would be the case

I'd better do some bodyweight exercises than humiliate myself like that.

Why do people post here for advice from the crab bucket when they can google something and get a way better routine

nobody would even notice or care.
I started SL and my very first workout was empty bar on every lift
of course I quickly added weights in the following workouts, but still

I do it every time for a warmup and nobody cares. As long as you aren't doing goofy stuff on your barbell nobody cares.

Look up infinite intensity by ross enamait and visit his site
Dude is a fucking monster and does basically calisthenics, trains for boxing and movnat only.

His first time ever attempting a deadlift he hit damn near 500 lbs easily.

Mental gains. You gotta stop being embarrassed in life and the only way to do that is to force yourself to deal write embarrassment so that you eventually don't become easily embarrassed

*with

You have your facts wrong. He didn't deadlift 500 pounds his first time. He's had a barbell and weight set for a while and obviously has done deadlifts before. He borrowed one or two plates to lift whatever his max was in order to show he could still do them heavy.

He has dozens of pieces of home gym equipment he uses. You can't call that calisthenics.

I also started with the empty bar. Also I use low weight for technique training and warming up. Absolutely fucking nobody cares. If someone cared that would be a daft cunt.
You are not in the gym to impress someone, you are there to train. And it is nobodys fucking business if you are still weak. Just add some weight every time as long as you can and in one year you are a new man.

>imagine being this braindead

Attached: DISNIGGASERIOUS.jpg (600x554, 52K)

>ib u dont hab dumbel u cant buld muscle

Attached: muh muhhh.png (235x214, 7K)

Dude doesn't mean that everyone's body is fucked up like yours. I've been doing weighted dips for 6+ years and my shoulders are literally perfect, go spread your bullshit elsewhere

Are you fat? Find handstand and planche progressions if you aren't, you should be able to work yourself up but it'll take time. God tier exercises though

I find calisthenics strengthens my joints in a way weights don't, but for adding mass and strength you're going to want some dumbell/barbell work.