Anyone here 40+? 50+? Are you still in good shape? Did you have to work harder to remain in shape as you aged?

Anyone here 40+? 50+? Are you still in good shape? Did you have to work harder to remain in shape as you aged?

So many of the older dudes I work with are so out of shape, always reminiscing about how in shape they were until they had kids and shit. I don't want to end up like that.

Attached: DHHBsdlUwAEnifC.jpg (707x1200, 95K)

I'm not gay but those nips are aesthetic as fuck

>that 30 year old boomer that asks if anyone is 40-50+

Yes, if you start working out then don't take long breaks from it.

39yo here. Your recovery times are longer, but it doesn't prevent you from staying in shape. I recently lost enough weight to fit into the clothes I wore when I was in my 20's. Also, isn't scooby over 50 now?

My late 30s dude 37 here

I'm 38. Literally all that changes is that you slowly get fatter every year and it's harder and harder to control to a point when it gets absurd. You need to take drastic measures to keep the weight down. No sugar, ever. Not even in fruits. No beer or alcohol. Fasting. Eating mostly meat + greens. It's hard but if you're strict you can stay pretty good looking even when you get older. You just need to really get your shit together and get strict with yourself. I may see a doctor about getting testosterone if my T levels are low.

43 here. ya, recovery is a bitch.
Also gotta keep at it, and work on muscle groups that aren't messed up.
Gotta watch for joints getting messed up, so drop weight to finish sets.

Attached: 20180509_015218.jpg (328x491, 40K)

I still eat a bunch, but I have to run more... doing about 30 to 60 miles a month.

Hey tell me more about that.

I'm 30 and I naturally tend to be strongfat, over the last year I've been noticing the only thing that works for keeping my weight down is a diet like you just described.

Any additional tips?

I'm 37 and he's kind of right that maintaining weight is harder and your body will punish you for eating high calories. I have cut out sugar and feel better for it.

What helps is having exercise that burns calories every day. I cycle 10 miles a day to get to work. If I didn't do that I'd be a fat fucker.

fugg im already eating close to nothing, will get rekt when old

If you're 50 and on Jow Forums, end it all.

my parents use internet in their own bad way
i dont think it's impossible that by chance some might end up here
if you think about it, a 50+ real lifter has very very few people to talk about it

37 here... divorced 2x, got custody of all my kids... have a hot 21 yr old gf too

Also time management. I have a garage gym and a treadmill at home. Still got a gym membership for the daycare and whirlpool

Getting old happens, but you don't need to decrepify

TRT fellas. 200mg cyp per week. Rest is diet, be a bit safer about how you train, good form, full range, no grinders ever.

Attached: 2017-12-15 16.15.33.jpg (1041x1001, 613K)

>have a hot 21 yr old gf too

so youve learned absolutely nothing in 37 years?

says the virgin

I've always had a small ectomorph frame and found it literally impossible to gain weight, just turned 30 last year and suddenly am gaining weight like never before. It's to such an extent that I've had to start watching what I eat for the first time in my life. I'm not getting fat but seeing the scales move like that is intimidating and I want to nip it in the bud.

It's like a fucking switch flips at 30. Crazy shit.

27 yr old here. Worked with this 54yr old guy. Hard guy but humble and loved training and sparring, hardly any fat on him and no roids. Fucking inspiring to see his kids look at him like he was a super hero.

number 3 coming right up

do you want a 22 yo BF too

52 years old.
Damn right I'm still in shape.
Been working out since I was 13.
I'm aiming to go for Roshi mode, but my hair hasn't grayed yet.

why did you remarry?! didn't you learn a lesson from the first one?

I'm 61. I am in very good shape relative to the average. No problem keeping weight off because I mind what I shove in the pie hole. My skin is thinner and more wrinkled. I am injured more easily with exercise and heal more slowly. Not making any gains but not losing strength either. TRT helps. To answer the OP question, I don't work harder, I work more carefully to avoid injury. You absolutely can stay in shape as you age. But I could easily break something tomorrow that will never fully heal and which would alter my activity level. So at some point we all fall apart and die.

im 47 and in good shape. have home gym 5 7 and 159lbs. working to get it downto 150 or so.

What man? Sometimes shit don't work out. Having a good prenup helps avoid long court battles. I actually get along with my exes fairly well too.

Relationships ending isn't always the disaster some guys are terrified of

The fucks wrong with having a girlfriend?

It's probably due to having lost all respect for yourself after going over the "dreaded" 30 year mark.
Get over yourself

How hard was it to get on TRT?

>Having a good prenup helps avoid long court battles
What?
>Prenups...
>Not being tossed out of court all of the time
Nice LARP friend.

>Anons still fall for this shitty larping bullcrap

Attached: Cf3rWj2UsAA4K8N.jpg_large.jpg (174x321, 11K)

40 here.
Have been working out regularly since 20. Powerlifting competitions in my 20s.

The key is just keeping it up. You will have injuries, you will have to really clean up your diet (no sugar), and time is limited once you have kids. Having a home gym helps, easy to get in quick workouts. 90% of guys are weak and fat in their 40s. So that's the upside, if you're even decently in shape you look like a real standout compared to your peers. I want to stay in shape and play sports with my kids. My nightmare is being the fat fuck who sits in the Karate dojo playing on his phone while his kids exercise.

Sheit, dude is thick.
Mirin

Another thing I should point out is that I recently started clomid 25mg daily. This has really helped my workouts, I can do more volume like I used to and not be paralyzed the next day. Test went from 275 to 600.