/running/

where are all my /running/ bros at?

what are your /running/ goals Jow Forums? share them with us, describe your routines and how you train to achieve them.

>tfw will run a 5k in ~3 hours
>tfw will run my first ever sub 26 minute 5k

also, share music that you enjoy listening to while running. Preferably something that can give you that extra pump you really need when attempting a new PR.

Attached: download (1).jpg (271x186, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DIVXQXebdrY&index=14&list=PLYK1YeQCafyemERq3pLlirtJcyWkwGlpP
youtube.com/watch?v=tWK3nYEOAXg&list=RDtWK3nYEOAXg&start_radio=1
runrepeat.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Need to run 2 miles in 13 minutes in 3 months and so far I can do it in 17
Is it possible?
Doing 45 min jogs twice a week and 20 min hiit right now on top of cutting weight

I run on and outdoor dirt trail year round and I listen to Faith no more often. I will sing totally off key as loud as I can when no ones around to get those diaphragm gains. Hail the king Mike Patton

Anyone got a routine to get my 1 mile down to 5:15? I'm running like high 6 minutes at the moment.

I would say you should cut on the 45 min jog, don'tt run further than 5k, do one sprint session a week, but mainly try running those 2 milers and I think it is possible to hit the needed time in 3 months time. Good luck on that!

Keep increasing your mileage, more jogging, less intervals.

What's a good, reachable lifetime goal to set for myself? Marathon out of 3?

>Gonna run my first marathon in 2 weeks
>anxious as shit

I am aiming below 4 hours, but honestly I'll be glad just to finish it at all. If I make it alive, I swear I'm gonna start preparing much earlier next time.

Attached: 1470697558790.jpg (720x805, 105K)

Anyone else running to military cadence? Feels good.

youtube.com/watch?v=DIVXQXebdrY&index=14&list=PLYK1YeQCafyemERq3pLlirtJcyWkwGlpP

Doctor told me to chill out for a week and do preferably no running at all. Said it could be longer before I can go back to normal too. Sucks

just started this week. did only 8km in an hour and my legs already feel like their falling off, gonna try to keep it although it's going to be hard combining it with going to the gym and keeping up with lifting.

is running a day after heavy squats/deadlifts recommended?

my legs are very sore right now, but not to the point of me being unable to run.

Tendonitis?

I don't think he said it was specifically tendonitis but based on the location and the end of the muscle he said it was on it's likely. It was pain in both knees symmetrically, but he checked to make sure it wasn't ligament or bone and said it's probably inflammed and all. Apparently going from no running to full running was a bad idea. Hope to start back on C25K next week but will probably set the workout back a week so that I don't jump right back into the 10min running intervals week. Just sucks because I enjoy being outside and getting sun while running in the morning. But evidently I've been subconsciously limping when two people embarassingly pointed it out to me

I went to my local magazine store to get a bodybuilding magazine today.
They had like 3 different running magazines, but not lifting ones.
Wtf?
What even is in running magazines? Reviews of shoes?

I've been there. Best of luck, buddy.

Also curious about this

I can only jog from Monday to Wednesday and lift from Friday to Sunday
How bad is running 3 days in a row and then not run for 4 days?

This is the best feeling. I spent the weekend at home and ran two loops around a shoreline state park and listen to Conan the entire time. Splits weren't bad either and got a short KOM.

Qualify for Boston.

Good luck, don't stress your first one. It's like losing your virginity; first time always sucks but it gets progressively better.

Same boat here, with metatarsalgia. Use it to cross-train and lift a little bit. I've been lifting 3x a week and biking around the city more.

I used to sub to Runner's World; their content isn't that great anymore.

Attached: race me faggot race me right now.png (477x649, 136K)

Couldn't run for a week because of a cold. Will be on the rungrind tomorrow.

But nothing too serious. I just run 30 min in the park.

Ankle/wrist weights?
Yes or no?
What does it do?

I used to run a sub 24min 5k everyday at like midnight but would always bonk in competition (charity) ones because early morning heat.

But started bbing and haven't found the sweet spot of running/lifting daily. Very difficult to hold onto muscle and basically burn up for 25mins a day

Gives your joints even more stress. Do you really want to?

why do more jogging instead of intervals?

you need some speedwork for short distance running. Increasing mileage wouldn't suit him best, because 2 mile runs are more anaerobic than say 10 mile run. Train smart for your distance.
Sprinters have 0 reasons to run long distance. 2 milers are not sprints though.

80/20 rule.

>overstriding
>ridiculous amount of heelstrike
>rear ankle not flexed
>arms tucked too close to body
>elbows not at 90 degree angles

Terrible form

>tfw 20 stone
>start running 5km every two days
>Start IF 16:8
>weigh in 5 months later at 15.5 stone
>kept lifting heavy at the same time as cutting and running, feel better than ever before.

My 5KM best time is 24:46, don't push myself enough until the last KM, gonna start pushing harder at KM 3 and see if I die or get faster lol

Why doesn't everyone /Run/?

>80/20 rule

whats the reasoning for this? seems counterintuitive when you're trying for speed

Attached: 6SRAhqY1M5sPrp-OM3Kj1PyLxYhF1gtklBC-9qtuqIs.jpg (768x768, 139K)

you need to have some muscular endurance. Sprinter would never run faster than the guy, who trains for 2 milers only.

Why do you decrease the amount of stones you're running with even though you're progressing?

>280 pounds
>5 km every 2 days
>5k 24:46 at 218 pounds
fake and gay

I used to run avidly then ballooned up from 165lbs to 225 (6'1").

Back at it now for a couple months, weight dropped to 190 and I got my 5k time down to 23:30 from 29:00.

Goal is to get back to sub 20:00

240lbs here, feel like dying after a 3k already

any tips? whats your speed like?

>240lbs
Jesus. Why do you even try to run?

>240lbs here, feel like dying after a 3k already

Lose weight, no other way around it. At my peak weight I was starting out with shorter distances and at times I felt like I was on the verge of fainting.

I kept running 2-3.5k until I slimmed down to around 210

As someone whose weight has fluctuated between the low 170s and the high 190s (not because I was fat but because of bulking/cutting for races), the experience of running while weighing sub 180lbs is just so different from running when you weigh more than that. It feels easier, there's less stress on your body, you can go faster and longer.

Running is truly a skeleton sport. Rowing or cycling are better if you want to be strong and fast.

not him, but I have a lot of running experience, and when I started out I was pretty fat (190 lbs, 5'8)

there really is no secret to running. you just gotta keep going no matter how little progress you see. just stay constant around 4 times per week, run longer/faster when you can. Do a timed run about every 2 weeks and base yourself off of that. Distance can be whatever you want.

I never did "speed work", other than 1 mile timed runs. Only focused on getting faster. Within a year I was able to do 12 mile runs (though they were slow pace, about 9 minute miles since I was still out of shape at that point)

not even mad bro, im a chunky monkey but giving it my all, weighed in yesterday at 15.5 stone and last Saturday did a Park Run (5KM) and that was my time.

Pic of me in all black sweating and being beaten by the old people at the last saturday morning run lol

Attached: fakeandgay.jpg (720x480, 60K)

also me at 20stone vs me at 16ish stone a couple weeks ago

Attached: IFKeto.jpg (802x791, 86K)

i only enjoy sprinting..., i cant stand jogging for long distances... also i get shin splints way 2 often now 2 even be able 2 enjoy it =/ *sadfaec*
i run about 1 mile evry 10mins

>youtube.com/watch?v=tWK3nYEOAXg&list=RDtWK3nYEOAXg&start_radio=1

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (336x188, 22K)

Attached: 1519308929544.jpg (500x614, 123K)

Attached: 1486742774609.gif (484x536, 94K)

ok this was actually me (OP)

so I just finished my run and was very confident I would go below 26 minutes... my last attempt was 26m:06s and today 26m:05s

Jesus... maybe the heavy squat/deadlift session was the issue yesterday. I mean, I wasn't feeling any pain in my legs while running, they were only sore... but I guess it contributes to performance in some way...

Sounds like a good way to give yourself an injury.

run consecutively longer splits at the 5:15 mile pace till failure, rest, repeat.

65km run in last 5 days
improved my 10k to 42 mins
cant get 5k under 20
wat do
also bought new shoes, yay

I lost ~20kg in the past 4 months but i'm still fat fuck (92kg 185cm). Recently i started running like a week ago but i lose my breath preety easily. I can run around 3.5km in 20min and i'm dying. To improve my endurance should I focus on running longer distances or trying to improve my times?

how are you still a fat fuck, I lost similar amount in a similar time period and can do 3.5km (with an uphil slog for 1km) in 14:30 mins. I'm at 99kgs, do you have no muscle mass or something?

Already beat you op!

5k under 25. Almost under 24. Goal is to get it down to 20.

Attached: IMG_5405.png (750x1334, 80K)

run longer and further.

How should I warm up for a 1.5 mile timed run? Also dealing with a shin splint only on my right shin

When I went to get some running shoes from a 'specialized' shoe place they told me they have running groups on saturdays. Should I try out one of these? Saturday is already one of my running days but I can MAYBE run a mile before I need to walk for like 4-5min and run again

I have some muscle, but up to this point i was mostly cutting with just diet and some basic bodyweight exercises at home, didnt want to run back then because it would destroy my joints ( info from Jow Forums) and because of that im preety weak. But im motivated to improve now, and want to know how to do it.

Just run at a slow pace, that's all the warmup you need.

>Not using Strava

>using Strava
>Anonymous

>anonymity
>using a smart phone

1.3 km in 9 minutes
I cannot do more because the road I do (from home to library) has three crosses, always flooded with cars

9 minutes with 1kg weights on my ankles, but still 9 minutes

>tfw runners knee

what do I do now?

How did you get it?

I ran. had a high speed 5k on tuesday, woke up the next day with pains in my knee when I tried to squat/jump. I can't actually jump. Pain is still there today but not as much, but running is out of the question.

it literally came out of nowhere. Sucks because I love running and summer is finally here

thats gonna be real fucking difficult to be honest, are you joining military, pretty sure one of the test is exactly that for max score, which in that case you'd probably could hit that score nevertheless when you are in

Will my calves shrink when I loose more weight? I started running at 95kg and am now down to 88 but my calves have gotten pretty massive and defined.
Will i loses this again?

I've been doing 3 minutes of jogging as a warmup to my resistance circuit/HIIT. I noticed I was going around 500m each time, so now I'm challenging myself to go 10m further every time I warmup. It's not that I'm worn out by the end of the jogging, it's just something to increment :3c

Depending on whether you want to get good at running or lifting. Run after the workout to get good at lifting. Run before the workout to get good at running

1) injury prevention. too much fast running will cause injuries which will stop you from running
2) lower HR running will improve aerobic energy system. As this improves, faster running can use more fat, less carbs, and can be maintained longer. equals less fading late in the race

ur fucked

2 miles is still a very aerobic distance, he should run at least 10-15 miles a week and do a set of intervals every week, but I really don't think he's going to be able to drop 4 minutes in 3 months

THICC

don't wear ankle weights, running is not anime

I wanna start running again. The thing is, I wanna buy a pair of proper running shoes this time. What would you guys recommend?

runrepeat.com/

what app is this?

I run at 10 km/h 10 km in 1 hour at relax mode, how are my marks ?

I think i could do the same 10 km at 14-15km/h in 50 min, will try that the next week, now the next are bike, then swim, the run again.

>finally got back into running after nearly a year off from any exercise due to work load and depression
>can barely manage my old 1.5 mile run
It's over for me brothers.

Attached: 1516205686691.png (542x602, 43K)

Attached: 1501899227621.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

?

>same 10 km at 14-15km/h in 50 min

yeah i think i can do that, will try next day at full speed and see, is this a good marks? how are you guys running? i dont know to what compare

10 km at 14-15 km/h is like 40-43 minutes, not 50.

Thanks

Keep running you idiot, dont stop trying

then probably 12 kmh

Anyone wear a pair of these?
It was the comfiest fit in the store for me but couldn't find any reviews about it. Hoping its durable for distance running

Attached: Screenshot_20180517-122658_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1080x1032, 185K)

I'm old and only started running 6 months ago, after a life time of smoking, drinking and drug taking. I beat my 5k record on Tuesday at 24.35 seconds. Running is my new addiction.

checked. Not gonna stop (not with those trips as motivation) just sad that I'm pretty much back to square one.

Wow that’s a world record congrats

Why do people torture themselves with running more than 6 miles?
Seriously i don't get the appeal of running marathon. It's hard as fuck and running at a high pulse is very uncomfortable. Much prefer the 6 mile comfy run 2-4 times a week.

Yeah its pretty rough. Had to get back into running and lifting after 2 years of spinal surgery and recovery. Took time but I made it back to where I was. We all gonna make it

youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A

Good shit for running and cycling

So earlier this year I got allergy induced asthma and I stopped running because I couldn't bear it. Now that I'm starting to run again, will I see easier speed gains than before? Will my running times recover and come back to normal fast?

>and running at a high pulse is very uncomfortable
That's why you should run slower in order to train your cardiovascular system.

You training for a or test bro? An infantry E7 gave this to me

Attached: 20180514_105913.jpg (5312x2988, 3.23M)

You can't tell me these people in the Olympics or Iron Man marathons are running within their aerobic pulse zone.

Pt* test not or

Yes, that leading foot positing was bugging me the most! I used to heel strike like a bitch until I transitioned.....to zero drop

Overstriding is bad but there is nothing inherently wrong with the heel strike.

Cross country and track fag here. Focus mainly on distance, speed comes later. I recommend doing medium runs every other day with speed/endurance workouts in between. For workoits, I recommend 1000 threshhold, 400s, fartleks, stuff like that. Three months is a long time so you'll be alright, just don't overwork yourself.

For a skinny fat, how quickly could you go from 0 to half-marathon?

>Iliotibial band syndrome

It's a major pain and hasn't gotten better in months...what do?

Attached: 864ffca297adaef0d369f4f28374466b.jpg (5158x9325, 1.72M)