Any experience with fermented foods?

I've been reading about how ones gut flora may influence body weight,like how the gut flora of lean and obese people are starkly different or who like some people who undergo Fecal microbiota transplant(to treat Clostridium difficile) from a lean doner lose weight . granted this was just a coincidence some people noticed and to my knowledge there hasn't been any large scale randomized double blind experiments to prove this .
So I'm wondering , has anyone here experience any personal benifits with taking probiotics,either through supplements or food sources?

Attached: Fermented-Foods-t.jpg (900x533, 71K)

most likely a meme, but i like them anyways so i still eat them

well i'v been eating sauerkraut and drinking kefir since I was taking antibiotics, came across this stuff while researching probiotics and wondering if I should keep consuming these.

confirmed meme, you aren't so fucked up that you need a fecal transplant, you don't 'need' probiotics.
Just... eat more fiber and protein and less sugar. Different bacteria thrive on different food, don't fall back to your old habits and the 'good' bacteria will outcompete the 'bad' ones.

If you like them, then keep eating them. There are no side effects (unless it's kumbucha, that thing has bad side effects), but don't expect miracles either.
Your overall diet will still determine your gut flora, no matter how much extra you throw in - that said, sauerkraut will obviously help feeding the bacteria you want.

What are the bad side effects of kombucha? It's tasty so I grab some occasionally when I'm getting groceries.

It can cause hallucinations, and sometimes it fills up with Candida.
It's pretty random, because it's made with wild yeasts, but if the wrong yeast comes up, it finds a good breeding ground.
Other fermented products select the yeasts that can thrive, manipulating nutrition, ph, and salinity.

They are amazing if you make them by yourself and with fresh vegetables.

ive been making kimchi
its not as good as some ive bought but ive only made it twice and ill get better at it
i like it
i watched some youtube vids and then did it
my dad saw the jars on the counter and put them in the fridge
he refuses to try it but i think its good
i think next time ill add an oyster to each jar

Attached: stop eating.png (654x879, 718K)

Maangchi has some great kimchi recipes on YouTube. Highly recommended.

Been thinking of getting into home fermenting, how safe is it?

yeah i watched her vids she good . also brad on bon appetit . the two recipes varied alot . i dont think brad added much chilie powder
its safe , im still alive . if youre a scared buy some . my frends and senpai are wary of adding seafood to my kimchi but i want to try it

tell your dad to stop putting that shit in the fridge; the bacteria wont do its job if its dead. also brad and vinnie kill me

i dont they die in the fridge but it does slow their activity

Attached: 1517896465232.gif (579x480, 1.38M)

Arnt you suppose to refrigerate them at a certain point?

Look up Better done yourself on YouTube. Thank me later

Sauerkraut is the best thing ever created by mankind.

Attached: sauerkraut-and-sausage.jpg (1000x981, 141K)

Why cant I thank you now?

it's not so much for the probiotics as it is for the fermentation after products. lots of vitamins and other good shit gets released.

If you care about gut health read this book pic related. Start making your own Kefir, store bought is crap in Europe and I heard in the US its literally just milky sugar water.

Attached: 51VAWzdpymL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (331x499, 47K)

I ferment tons of shit. People who are afraid of it are either uninformed or unsanitary. Botulism is nearly impossible to get from fermentation, its canning you have to worry about. If its moldy, you'll know immediately.

But its good for probiotics, but also because the bacteria digests what you're eating, you get more nutrients and better digestibility than normal.

I have a lot of digestive problems and they helped me tremendously