>starvation mode
>hypothyroidism
>being female
>slow metabolism
>food addiction
>no time for the gym
>can't afford healthy food

I wish I could but I take everything personally

You take the reason why someone else stays fat personally? Are you autistic?

>this is my healthy weight

Also notice that most fatties have some kind of early childhood trauma. Never fails. I have seen a reunion show about adoptees and not one of them is lean. Most are morbidly fucking obese.

Gotta fix your mind first.

>We live in a dictatorship of beauty that promotes the idea that thin and muscular bodies are the only options

Attached: female-bodybuilder-age-53-tumblrina-age-22.png (500x583, 136K)

>not understanding

>"It's not as simple as calories in calories out user!"

God I hate the women at work

Attached: 1525849619259.jpg (720x960, 52K)

Ya man I'm not understanding.

You gotta have bad to have good.
You gotta have ugly to have beautiful.
You gotta have fat to have fit.

I like people for who they are personality wise typically. I don't have a problem with fat people, they usually have a loud personality that makes me laugh and they physically make me look better by comparison. I don't really care why they stay fat, it's their problem. Making excuses just makes me look even better.

Might want to take stock into how much of a faggot you are.

They're right though. CICO is a fucking meme.

>Eating less and exercising more lowers your basal metabolic rate as the body tries to conserve energy
>Feel weak and tired all the time because body is preserving calories

You can have all the fat in the world and your body won't even try to consume it for fuel if it isn't fat adapted. That's why IF and keto are so much better than just counting calories- they actually put your body in a state where it will burn fat.

>CICO is a fucking meme
>Goes on to say people should follow actual meme diets

Imagine being this retarded.

Fuck off

If you’re overweight and start working out, cleaning up your diet (this lowering caloric intake), and cut back on drinking alcohol, you’re gonna lose weight

Telling my fat friend about lifting recently and how it's been
>"lifting isn't gonna make me lose weight, I need to do a lot of cardio"
While he isn't completely wrong, why do people think that lifting is ineffective at fat burning??

Because they have never lifted and don't think it's particularly exhausting compared to running or something, which they have done.

Cardio will make you lose weight faster by increasing the amount of calories you need drastically in a short amount of time to replenish what was lost. If you choose not to eat more than your body will sap energy from your muscles and fat.

Lifting weights will steadily increase the amount of calories you need to maintain yourself. The problem is you need more calories than your BMR to create new muscle. It's tricky but regardless of what the memes say you can gain muscle and lose weight but it will take years if you need a noticeable amount gone. It took me two years to lose 40LBS. In the same amount of time my lifts went from benching 120lbs to 240lbs squat from 400lbs to 600lbs and my clean jerk from 100 to 220lbs.

It's incredibly slow going but it will completely reshape your body. In hindsight I could have probably gotten the exact same results but with losing more weight if I had just spent one year losing 100 LBS and then another year building my muscle back up.

>It took me two years to lose 40LBS. In the same amount of time my lifts went from benching 120lbs to 240lbs squat from 400lbs to 600lbs and my clean jerk from 100 to 220lbs.
Have you worked in that you're gaining mass as you're losing fat?

My body shape has definitely changed since I started lifting, though I'm still pudgy my waistline is looser and my shoulders are more broad, the scale however hasn't changed much at all.

>I have slow metabolism
Well this is kinda true but slow metabolism is caused by diet...

Attached: 1523954247824.png (1000x1254, 305K)

>Eating less and exercising more lowers your basal metabolic rate

False.

I don't record my BMI but I believe that's whats going on. I don't know how else I've lost weight but my lifts keep going up. The first year was fucking hell, I only lost about 25 pounds or so. I originally wanted to lose 100lbs but with the way I'm looking I think I might only want to lose another 20-30. Really I've just been going off of how I look.

Keep it up dude, you'll make it, it'll just take time.

"In the first part of the study, subjects' resting metabolic rate decreased to a greater extent than their weight or fat-free mass. This excessive reduction is most likely attributable to the degree of calorie restriction, and therefore cannot be completely explained by the reduction in fat-free mass."
>academic.oup.com/fampra/article/16/2/196/480196

Your broscience got BTFO faggot

"Whether you follow a low-fat, low-carb or low-glycemic diet, all diets are associated with varying degrees of calorie restriction. When you reduce your caloric intake, your metabolism adjusts itself to the lower energy intake. Researchers at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center confirmed this in a study published in the December 2007 issue of the journal "Obesity." The study found that resting metabolic rate decreased at month three of a calorie-restricted diet."

>Study from 1999
>Fat is bad still a fad
>Food pyramid is still a fad
>All sorts of bad science coming out
>Particular report has less than 100 people
>20+ participants are old as shit
>Consuming less than 1,000 for females and 1,500 for males.

Ya man, this report looks totally legit.

Missed the extra 0, you get the point I'm making.

You have NO studies to show that dieting has no effect on metabolic rate or improves it. Keep coping.

when does starvation mode actually start?

When your body runs out of immediate energy supplies (e.g. triacylglycerides, glucose, glycogen).

>Health studies in America are directly responsible for the obesity epidemic.
>You don't have a study to prove what's been proven since the dawn of man.
>People don't die from famine because there BMR just goes to 0 due to lack of resources senpie.

Imagine being this retarded.

How do you actually lose weight then? Even if it does adapt how would your bmr drop low enough for it to matter? Wouldnt that mean people could be eating very little and maintain?

Do you have any real evidence of keto being anything more than another way of going about CICO? Not arguing just interested in putting the debate to bed.

so does that mean going on a keto diet activates starvation mode making it harder to lose weight since you are limiting the number of carbs you are receiving in a day?

Nah because your body can process two types of energy. glycogen and ketones. Glycogen is a sugar, Ketone is fat. If you eat a bunch of fat with little to no carb then your body switches to ketones.

Ketones is more efficient because if your body is hungry for energy then it saps energy from fat first muscle second. Glycogen its the opposite.

I'd love if Keto worked for me but every time I've tried that shit I get angina. My heart does not like running on ketones for some reason.

the worst part is.. We are in a society that doesn't require us to be strong and athletic to survive.

If we still had to hunt and farm for our food then we would all be built farmer mode. Not to mention being fit for war, being fit and able enough to slay other fit and able humans. Deffo wouldn't have time to whine about genders or what ever the fuck they do these days.

Send me back to Sparta/Greek Era pls

Attached: 1335987457999.jpg (454x340, 43K)

Then why did CICO work for me?

hence the name "keto" im guessing. sounds cool, love learning about biology and anatomy. i'm gonna look further into this. so if the body switches to fat for energy, does this mean that a fat person could live off of their own fat for two weeks without eating and drinking water without activating starvation mode? Or do they NEED to eat fats and proteins in order to keep the fat burning going?

Pretty much everything in this pic

Attached: Screenshot_20180515-213409_Amazon Kindle.jpg (1080x2220, 532K)

we should round up all people who think like this and put them in a work camp for a year feeding them nothing but natural healthy foods so that they come out on the other side cleansed.

that can work for yurops who have 10 extra lbs and start to consider suicide for being too fat
burgers need to get into 300lbs tier to even start to think about call themselves chubby

Good question, don't know the answer. What I do know is that if you are in ketosis your body will eat off of your own fat cells when you aren't fueling yourself to your BMR. There are Ketosis pee sticks you can get that will let you know if you are in ketosis based on the amount of ketones you are expelling when your urinate. I suppose it would be plausible that once you're in ketosis you could just fast but I don't know if your body would stay in ketosis or if it would switch.

From what I remember glycogen is easier for your body to process so it may switch back to that if you're abstaining from eating all together.

What if you have mental disorders like Boggie

Meanwhile I can't gain weight no matter how much I eat.

I would bet money that people who are more than 100lbs overweight have a mental disorder 100% of the time. They go hand in hand. Usually depression. Almost every transformation story starts off with some dude saying he was unhappy in life and decided to eat to feel better.

understood, thanks for the exchange. i might just have to ask my doctor that question then. appreciate the help

Fasting on ultra low bf%, like

>why do people think that lifting is ineffective at fat burning
because they ever only benched like 60kg and that shit is too light to actually make you burn calories

Good luck, I forewarn you that a lot of doctors are simply uninformed when it comes to the diet for some reason. This is especially true for doctors stuck in the 80-90's mentality that fat is bad for you. Just keep in mind that it's a diet that is actually recommended for a lot of illnesses.

lifting itself isnt the calories burner, having a big muscle mass to mantain is the thing that burns most calories

>does this mean that a fat person could live off of their own fat for two weeks without eating and drinking water without activating starvation mode?

They have to drink water simply because it's essential for survival, but yes they can go two weeks without eating and be fine.

Following link is to a case report of a 27 year old man who went 382 days without food, decreasing his weight from 456lbs to 180lbs.

pmj.bmj.com/content/postgradmedj/49/569/203.full.pdf

Cant you not drink almost all types of alcohol on keto? I think I could cut out grains since i already eat very little of them but my occasional beerwith friends isnt worth losing to me.

Hard liquor is drink of choice. It's a double edged sword because the alcohol hits you a lot fucking harder due to the pathology of processing under ketosis but if you build a tolerance and drink too much you get knocked out of keto.

Wouldn't be all that problematic if keto flu didn't suck donkey dick.

You can drink hard liquor straight, it has no carbs.

Just don't make mixed drinks or drink beer.

Ok, idk what ill do, maybe ill give keto a try since for some reason CICO just stopped working these last 2 weeks even though I havent fucked up. How much of the body is water weight?

I should add that everyone gets the flu differently. If it isn't that bad for you then I'd say going out for beer once a week isn't a deal breaker. When I tried it I did shots of everclear (diluted with water of course) and never got knocked out but the affect of alcohol blew my nips off. Made me feel like a highschooler again.

It didn't last long I was only on keto for a couple week because toward the end I started getting angina for some reason. Used to wake me up from a dead sleep.

>How much of the body is water weight?
Depends what you've been eating. It takes 3-5 days for your body to process the things it retains water for.

I lost 16lbs first week of keto. I was a super fat ass though.

if you arent a lardass ignore keto, it's for obese to cheat off some of the first lbs they have to lose

Its you! The hero of Kvatch!!

When you:

a). reach beyond your minimum healthy bodyfat% If yours is 10%, then starvation mode starts at 9%

b). deficiency in micronutrients

>no time for the gym
that's not really a copout

I mean a lot of people here on Jow Forums are college students with no other responsibilities and don't know what it's like to work 12 hours a day.

So you're telling me I can't lose this fat on my body if I slightly reduce my calorie intake and increase my level of physical activity? Are you fucking retarded?

>I don't have 3 hours a week
Not to mention you don't need the gym to lose weight. It's a total copout.

>Was chubby kid
>Started going on walks and exercising a little self control
>Still eat biscuits because britfag and can't have tea without digestives
>Lose weight, look good, problem solved.

I thought it'd be a comfort to know how easy it is to lose weight, but if anything it's just depressing. Are there really so many people out there who can't stop eating shit and take 30 minutes out of their day to go for a walk?

>gym only takes 45 minutes meme

I agree that not having time for the gym is a copout, but it absolutely is something you have to schedule, especially if you're busy. It takes like an hour and a half to do a full 5x5 routine plus accessories - and that's only if all the equipment is free.

Then do a smaller routine.

>I have slow metabolism
That's legit

FUCK you
You lazy, coping piece of shit.
I work fulltime as a grocery store manager, and I study a STEM degree fulltime too (biomed), and I have a GPA of ~6.5 right now (ausfag). Last year I found time to do PPLPPLx every week, and now I'm doing fullbody 3x a week so I have even more spare time. I even managed to fucking do a 5k run 3x a week last year during PPLPPLx.
I counted all my calories by meal prepping.
If you want something bad enough you fucking get it - you make the fucking time you need. FUCK you and FUCK your lazy bullshit cope, you are never going to fucking make it you piece of shit.

Attached: IMG_1308.gif (267x200, 1.6M)

Of course you can but CICO is a massive oversimplification as it doesn't consider any factors other than how much you eat and how much you exercise. People often plateau when they are losing weight because their body fights back by lowering the basal metabolic rate. The problem with CICO is that it considers the BMR to be a fixed number. A person with higher cortisol or insulin levels is gonna have a lower BMR than a person of the same composition and weight that has higher testosterone and adrenaline.

What boggles my mind is the hypothesis that you can have lower BMR when eating normally compared to an IF routine. Doesn't make much sense

If you weren't fat before lifting, you would be GAINING weight, because you're putting on muscle. Because you are losing fat and gaining muscle, you don't lose as much weight as if you lost the same amount of fat and gained no muscle. Muscle is more dense than fat, and if you just had a square meter vat of fat on a scale compared to a square meter vat of meat on a scale, you would have a significant difference in weight.

That's why I say my goal isn't "to lose weight". I don't CARE what happens to my weight (although almost inevitably it will go down). What I care about is that I lose fat and gain muscle.

My eventual goal is to be able to fully manipulate my body weight with my arms. And fully manipulate my body weight and the weight of an average other person with my legs.

Perhaps it is an ambitious goal, and I might have to change it once I get close enough to realize it's not possible, but I'm certain it could be possible, and I'll try damn it.

I lost 100lbs by simply keeping on a consistent calorie deficit
faggot

Not sure why all the hate, keto is a meme but it is a meme that worked for me. CICO just made me feel fuckin tired all the time.

Imagine that, I wasn't tired on keto but I was on CICO... (((Hmmm....)))

I'm so confused by all this information, so my body lowers my bmr if I eat less? At the moment my intake has to be 1500 per day for me to lose 1kg of fat per week, will my body just simply readjust itself so I don't lose weight on 1500 anymore and have to go even further on a cut to meet the same 1kg of fat a week?

Fuck sake I wish teenage me didn't cope with food.

When I was deployed and working 12-16 hour days I still woke up early to exercise.

No it's not. Variances of +/- 5% are reasonable, but it's extremely rare for someone to just have a slow metabolism.

What are those fasting anons raving about then?

Fasting is great because for people like me, it can help me deal with the hunger by forcing me through it all day and having the big meal at the end. Otherwise I'm prone to eat big for every meal because of my appetite.

I don't give a fuck about all the other claims people make about it. The only thing I needed from it was to help control my intake, and it works.

>Dumb shit fat people say as excuse?

For future reference, you can abbreviate this as "FPH".

It stands for Fat People Hate. We always have a thread like this going in Jow Forums.

>I am a human being!

you don't HAVE to have fat to have Jow Forums

>oooooh you shouldn't eat eggs everyday it's not healthy!
HeheheHAHAHAHAHABAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

why do you give a shit what fat people say or do?
retard

Dude they're Jow Forums general posters, they are without exception retarded.

U N D E R R A T E D

Attached: 366236-102331468.jpg (232x217, 22K)