/fat/ - No Quitters Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/ people who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous thread:

Attached: 1512155353966.gif (633x773, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

caloriesburnedhq.com/calories-burned-biking/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why don’t you guys just water fast? It gets easy after 3-4 days

Pasting from last thread;

I was 151 down from 162 (5'7 F, goal weight is 130), but I've been cheating way too hard on the weekends these past couple weeks and my work friends keep on pressuring me into drinking with them.

I'm back up to 154 now. I'm a little discouraged, and REALLY disappointed in myself because I'm recognizing that I'm starting to fall off the wagon again.

I'm not going to give up though, I just need to learn how to say no when I have ample opportunity to cheat. I can't let myself gain all the weight back.

I am ready to accept that I am addicted to carbs and start my new life as a keto person, I am enjoying my last carbs right now. Goodbye friends

Because I'm not a fucking retard.

>>>/fast/

? is some part of water fasting that you only see the placebo results after spreading your meme bullshit in 200 other threads?

Every weight-loss diet should start with CICO, but after that find something that works for you. For me it was keto, but you can lose weight doing anything. Go paleo, go vegan, fuck, eat 30 potatoes a day if that works for you, but do some of you guys seriously not understand that for a majority of the population, literally starving yourself isnt a viable option to lose weight?

because most of them want to do everything at once and get muscles early otherwise theyll look like subhumans

>you guys seriously not understand that for a majority of the population, literally starving yourself isnt a viable option to lose weight?
no because it is

You'll be back faggot

Tell me your
>height
>sex
>starting weight
>current weight
>goal weight
>current strategy
>how it is working out so far

>179cm or 5ft10
>male
>108kg or 238lbs
>102kg or 225lbs
>~75kg or 165lbs - lets see how my body pans out with all the fat gone

Current strat:
>900kcal deficit eating deficit
>100kcal of cardio (usually a bit more) for a total of 1000kcal deficit
>usually end up eating less than my 1500kcal I'm allowed anyway
>exact feeding times, 9:00, 13:30, 18:00 - zero snacking in between

Hows it working out:
>been going at it for 6 weeks with no problems
>feel a lot healthier and better
>losing 1kg/2.2lbs a week extremely consistently

retards

no, i'm 100% convinced that carbs are the jews of food. I have more energy without carbs, feel better, save money and even look better. There is literally no reason to eat something that affects me and makes me binge and eat a lot.

>>height
188cm
>>sex
M
>>starting weight
>>current weight
>>goal weight
>>current strategy
omad/fast
>>how it is working out so far
okay when I don't eat cookies

>5'1"
>f
>143lbs
>135lbs
>110lbs for bmi of 20
>run every morning except sundays & 500 deficit
>really easy but I'm unhappy with where I'm losing the fat

What a surprise that the Jow Forumsster is fat and stupid.

>I have more energy without carbs
I guarantee you do not

>save money
The most common sources of carbohydrates are literally the cheapest form of macronutrients you can eat

>even look better
You are delusional if you think the form of macronutrients that comprise your diet have any effect on your appearance.

Maybe the specific foods you are eating are not making you feel good, or make you "look better" when you don't eat them, but that's not carbohydrates themselves.

Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>mfw thinking of you hurting

But I'm fat lard, user.

tell me why wouldnt losing fat as fast as possible using PSMF or fasting and retaining muscle be better than doing it slower? I plan on going on a tren+test cycle when I am lean enough anyway

>>height
5'11''
>>sex
m
>>starting weight
190 was probably my biggest
>>current weight
~151
>>goal weight
Not quite sure. ~135 perhaps before I clean bulk. Whatever ~12% bf% comes out to be
>>current strategy
500-700kcal daily deficit almost entirely from home cooking clean foods. Protein shake in the morning and a late evening meal. When I snack I try to make it fruit, cottage cheese, beef jerky, other low kcal things. 4 day brosplit packed full of compounds, bodyweight, and full body exercises with cardio and ab work (Scooby's rotisserie is fucking killer) several days a week.
Great, though for some reason my fatty appetite has been coming back lately. I've been snacking more than I should and just need to whip myself back into shape a bit. The first 35 pounds were honestly piss easy and I've been losing at a fast and steady pace. Finally making some small muscle gains. My frame is just BARELY getting a little definition now. I still look like a complete so.yboy when nude but I can feel and see myself heading in the right direction. Feeling better about myself every day.

We're all gonna make it brehs and brehettes.

Attached: 1525447180718.jpg (677x677, 61K)

At that point, then, why not just do DNP?

I'm 19 and already on trt for life, don't want to die before my 30's. You're probably right about the carb things but i'm too dumb to find what I am doing wrong in that regard so i'll just remove them, I grew up obese untill 15 and have like no good food habits, last 4 years I've been eating chicken breast every single fucking day for protein

>Height
180 cm
>Sex
Male (male)
>Starting weight
90+ kg
>Current weight
82.7 kg
>Goal weight
~77 kg
>Current strategy
Just limiting myself to 1500 kcal/day, some exercise interspersed irregularly
>How is it working out so far
I usually eat 1800 kcal/day. Still means I'm losing weight (my TDEE is about 2200 kcal/day), just not as fast as I'd like.

Attached: 1421381614573.jpg (445x488, 41K)

>I've been eating chicken breast every single fucking day
That's not a bad habit (don't humor the "chicken is carcinogenic!" retards.) In fact, as long as it's not breaded, it's a great habit. I do admit that most carbohydrate sources lend themselves to over-indulgence on account of how tasty they are, but carbohydrates themselves are not the devil. Just try to find a source that you can enjoy without losing your mind, because carbs are incredibly important, and their absence will show you the error of your present thinking. Ketogenic diets are short-term affairs, they rarely last long.

>>height
5'8
>>sex
Male
>>starting weight
225lbs
>>current weight
170lbs
>>goal weight
Probably 150lbs-160lbs
>>current strategy
500 calorie deficit minimum, just finished a 3 day refeed because my weight has been plateaued for weeks.
Well the 225lbs to 170lbs was done in 4 months while lifting so pretty good I guess.

>height
6'4"
>sex
M
>starting weight
>current weight
>goal weight
>current strategy
Right now I'm attempting to maintain a 2000 cal deficit and biking. Going to start with some weights maybe next week but I only have two different 10lb dumbbells
I obviously just (re) started so we will see how long I can keep this up. I think coming here might help keep me motivated.

because it's the wrong way to do it no matter how much you spam it in fat threads

5'6
M
215 down to 174
150 goal

>Current strat
eating at roughly 1000cal deficit (1300 ish a day) and working out hard doing a full body workout and 25mins cardio every other day

>how's it working
Fucking great, i've gained a huge amount of muscle mass and am on my way to sexy muscle boi city

Nice, user.
I know the slow feeling, it's why I've gotten discouraged in the past. Maybe this time I will suffer more but get results faster.
How about unbreaded fish?
Like, I live by a river, I could try and catch a couple of squealers and poach/roast them sometimes.

>177cm
>m
>108kg
>strat: -600-700 deficit
>Goal weight: 87kg.

Also
>just started like 2 days ago, so haven't weighed myself. planning on weighing myself ~weekly

>>height
6'3
>>sex
Female
>>starting weight
256 lbs
>>current weight
212 lbs
>>goal weights
~130 lbs
>>current strategy
CICO
Slow but steady because I have a slow metabolism due to my genetics.

I'm the guy who just restarted, and this time I'm planning to weigh daily after the morning piss.

I know that daily will vary because of water weight, ect, but I'm putting it all in a daily chart. It might help with my motivations.

Fish is generally less caloric than meat. Depends on the species, of course, but go for it.

>6'3"
are you an amazonion warrior princess?

>not doing it my way is wrong

5'8
manlet
110kg ~ 242lb
69kg ~ 152lb
65kg ~ 143lb
keto, 1k/day
still so much fat around torso, so i might need to cut alot more not just 4kg

>height
6'3
>sex
Yes
>starting weight
290 lbs
>current weight
209 lbs
>goal weight
170 lbs
>current strategy
OMAD, cardio, gym
Dropping weight like crazy, no sign of stopping. I'm confident ill hit my goal weight by the end of the year at the latest, then start a modest bulk.

Attached: 1524957259368.jpg (383x474, 43K)

>6'3
>Female
Pls don't tease me
I've only dated one girl as tall as me, and that was some undesireable when I was in highschool

>people

Attached: wrong.jpg (250x250, 11K)

>height
5'9"
>sex
Undesirable (me)
>starting weight
225-230
>current weight
>goal weight
>current strategy
CICO 1200kcal or less
Hitting a plateau so introducing more exercise and upping protein intake.

End me

Attached: 1518973618805.gif (336x335, 2.56M)

this
make it people-to-be next thread

If you're eating 1200 calories or less and plateauing, it means you're lying about one of the two

Yea probably. No way I'm eating over 1600 though. I think it's just mostly bloat and constipation fucking with my last weigh in. Only 5lbs off my weigh in goal.

>5'8"
>M
>200 lbs
>174 lbs
>160-165 lbs, depends on how I look when I get there
>Pic
>Worked out well until Mother's Day. It was a designated cheat day, messed up my progress but it was for a good cause.

Attached: file.png (767x693, 104K)

>I have a slow metabolism due to my genetics
kek

at least shes trying
most of fatties dont even try and blame their weight on genes

>height
5'6"
>sex
Male
>starting weight
165lb
>current weight
127lb
>goal weight
120lb
>current strategy
Ramadan
Pretty well but I regret only doing cardio since I started (November). Weight loss slowed down considerably lately though (as expected). I still have a chubby face, a fat tummy and love handles though.

Of course it's good, but I just find it hilarious someone would post that unironically in this thread

There's some truth that metabolism differs in people due to genetics but it's barely a 5% difference. What matters more is environmental like exercise

you need to gain muscle mass, at that weight i bet you look like a skinny fat skele with no muscles. you should look lean as hell around 140-150, I'm same height

I know people on this board say this, but I have an aunt who eats a lot more than I ever did, she snacks a lot and eats sweet things. Yet she has been underweight her entire life. She must be an exception to the rule but I'd like to know what causes this.

I'm not making things bigger than they are either, I've spend several days with her before and she eats pancakes for breakfast, eats cake/cookies with every drink, munches on candy all day, eats massive portions for dinner. I don't know how it is possible.

Just fast you stupid fucks. I lost 50 lbs already and I feel fucking fantastic

You can eat candy all day and still be thin, you just don't eat anything else. There was a nutritionist who ate nothing but Twinkies and lost 20+ pounds, it's all about calories. There are certain medical conditions where you don't digest certain foods or all the food you eat but those conditions usually lead to malnutrition.

Already told you, she does eat everything else.

Show before and after pics user.

Estimating calories can be impossibly hard. I'd try and carefully count her daily intake sometime just out of curiosity.

Have you considered that she fasts? I can eat 6000 calories in a day, fast for 2 days and break even

Why do so many people yoyo so hard when survival mode is a meme?

They go on a diet and lose weight but never fix the bad eating habits. Diet ends, eat like before the diet that got them fat

I bougjt 9kg dumbbells from Amazon

They look very heavy
How much time will it take, assuming 3 days of training per week, in order to have some good biceps and triceps?

Day 7 of no poop and I literally can not stop farting and it smells awful

Attached: 1508640801001.png (499x513, 283K)

Unless I have extremely severe body dysmporphia, I don't think I look skinny at all.

6'00
M
starting weight 250
Current 178
Goal idk, 165 maybe
Current strategy OMaD+low carb
Working pretty good, I'm too lazy to work out so loose skin is going to be a problem but other than that I should be alright
At this point even skinnyfat is desirable

>today I got two 1kg weights on my ankles
>ran 1.4km in 9 minutes
>I wanted to run other 400 metres but I couldn't the first time, had to re-do the course 3 times in order to finiah it
>2:30 minutes

I am a failure, even if it was the first time of my route, running, with weights

Ok guys so long post but need help so anything would be great. my wight is 180 lbs im 5'7(yaya manlet) im 26 years old. my calorie goal everyday is 1,810. im doing Keto,(only for two weeks then switching to Paleo) IF, OMAD, possibly Snake but idk. so my goal is to lose fat and gain muscle i already know i am not NOT getting enough protein im getting like 30-40g a day but im sure i should be getting more id like to know if im right in that assumption. now with these diets im only getting 695 cal a day outta my allowed 1810 but im also burning 535 in cardio so i still have 1650 allowed a day and have been doing this for 2 weeks and i dont feel bad and im losing fat i can tell. but is this healthy? am i just fucking up idk and would like some help if i need any.

>6'0 1/2
>Male
>SW:385
>CW:269
>GW:195
>working out and alternate day fasts
>bretty gud

RIP

Post myfitnesspal, lets be friends in fatness

You're not my friend, pal.

LoseIt! comrade joining

Attached: Screenshot_20180517-181136.png (720x1280, 96K)

what does that whatsapp message say user?

eat fibers and drink alot
i eat fiber but still got hard as fuck shit yesterday because i didn't drink alot

I lost 120 pounds and am now borderline underweight and I think I developed an eating disorder because I can't stop obsessing over my weight and calorie intake.

Attached: 1461871806125.jpg (450x450, 39K)

>179cm
>Male
>322lbs
>222lbs
>around 170-180lbs until i get lean then clean bulk
>eating 1700-2000 calories a day and doing SL5x5
>it's working out pretty well I've lost 100lbs over in a year and 5 months. Don't know if that's slow progress but it's working consistently. I've been struggling with lifting on a cut recently so doing a big deload and dropping my max weights to half and building back up.

Attached: BADASS.jpg (600x800, 98K)

You posted this yesterday

>doing a 5x5 strength routine while on a deficit

What is a 5x5 routine?

Mommy saying "Thank you sweetheart. Don't forget to shut the dishwasher down"

5 sets of 5 reps

How much could I raise my BMR by bulking up?
I am reading stuff like a 10% after 6 months of training but what about 1-2 years?

I've been fat and sedentary my whole life.
I'm an absolute beginner and stronglifts has an easy to use app which is good enough for me.
I just want to build a bit of muscle to reduce loose skin as I lose weight. I'm not going all out until I get to my goal weight.

>Don't forget to shut the dishwasher down
wot

Negligible, metabolism is a meme cope for fatties with no willpower who quit at first plateau.

>Ankle weights
Is wearing these to work a feaseable option for extra gains? I know it won't make you look like chun-lee from the waist down but would it help any?

I don't know the 10% increase seem pretty decent.
Once I am down at a decent bf% I don't wanna count calories like an autist anymore. If bulking up provides you with a guaranteed ~200 extra deficit than it's well worth it i'd say.

>added mass causing daily calorie expenditure to be higher is a meme
come on now

That’s not metabolism that’s TDEE brainlet fuck

The dishwasher stopped the washing and I had to turn it down, otherwise it would have been consuming power

Oh, yeah, two heart emoji, for sake of completeness

I love my mommy, ok?

Doesn't make a practical difference. Adding mass will allow him to consume more calories and stay at or under maintenance than if he didn't have that mass. That's what he's asking about.

I do not know, but I can tell you that I was able to do my 1.3 km AND my 400mt section quite easily without them on Monday, but I struggled on the 1.3km part and had to repeat the 400m section, since I could not end the route, 3 times before completing it

It was kinda hard desu, but I do have strangely powerful legs, even if I have never exercised on them

I would not suggest wearing them on work, they are quite bulky (and you would look like a fool)

>If the same person cycles for 10 miles for 50 minutes (again at a fixed speed of 12mph) then they would burn 635 calories.

>Finally if the same person cycles for 30 miles (at a fixed speed of 12mph) then they would burn 1,905 calories.

How true is that statement? Can I calculate that and just take 200 off to sound more plausible? Cause burning 2k in a few hours makes no sense to my body.

>From our table of results, we can see that if someone weighs, 225lb and cycles for 30 minutes then they will burn 429 calories (at a distance of 6 miles)

caloriesburnedhq.com/calories-burned-biking/

>184cm (just under 6'1")
>male
>starting weight 139.9kg (308lbs)
>current Weight 135.6 kg (298lbs)
>goal weight 95kg (209lbs)

>current strategy
Only eating food I cook. Low calorie options and small portions, less carbs, eating once to twice a day. If i snack its a banana at most. Gym 4 times a week. Baseball training once to twice a week and playing once a week. Walking almost everywhere now.

Been at it 16 days and lost 4 kilos. It's going well. Cooking everyday helps most. Simple quick meals get me into good habits. Hardest part is when i go out and people want shit food. Im at the point now where that appeals to me less and less.

I used to have a pair of 10 pound ones when I was a kid, and damn they would drag you down after a while.

Lucky for me I work with one other person who probably wouldn't give a shit. But idk though, it was just a thought

I know that feel bro, part of the reason I've gained this extra weight (I was 270 for a long while) was having more money and hanging out with my friends more so we ate out a lot. Now if we go out, I don't want to get wierd looks.

BWW cheese curds are good but damn. Those and some wings and a beer...

Though beer is still a weakness I'm going to have to confront at some point. Haven't had one yet but damn you, heffeweisen.

>I don't want to get wierd looks.
Never gonna make it. Stop giving a fuck what they think of you and/or get friends who aren't fucking faggots and would be happy for you for making healthy lifestyle choices instead of ostracizing you for not participating in gluttony and sucking down beers with them.

Nothing wrong with a beer every day.
Hell i drink 2 sometimes and am still losing weight.

>start taking creatine
>weight loss stalled for a week because of the extra water weight

fuck

w-weight doesn’t matter it’s the m-mirror right bros

In my opinion no. I would rather look not fat. Weight is secondary and for my own good if I wanna be more active.

I'm sure you'll lose weight when your hair starts to go