/fast/ #200 CICO Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
>Have gout
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice. ([YouTube] HOW TO START THE SNAKE DIET FOR DUMMIES (embed))
>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max
>Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day.
The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headass.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
Artificial sweeteners and diet soda are bad for you and may fuck up your fast. Zero calorie black coffee and tea ware generally considered to be fine.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
Not unless you’re fasting for a month or longer.

Attached: 1526492969159.jpg (2048x2048, 505K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/snyA5UgrZis
youtu.be/ER0XQEWyqjo
youtu.be/xrZMYVDcjZI
instagram.com/snake_diet_wizard/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for refeeding syndrome

I can't affords to fast.

Refeeding syndrome = free laxatives when you're on your last 10 lbs.

I get to eat, what my body didn't need is gone in an hour. Win-win.

The USA should stop its food stamp program for anyone over 20 BMI.

remember to control yourself :)

>#200

Is today the day we see progress pics?

I get that this is a meme but you guys are going to actually hurt people with it

yes, people have been doing something for thousands of years that is inherently harmful

I'll go tell those orthodox monks and buddhists they're going to die rn brah

Idiot. You're prob just stuffing your face and getting the subsequent shits. That isn't refeeding syndrome. Refeeding syndrome can kill you, hence why you need to get your electrolytes.

It's literally free poorfag.

>do my own research
>know what to do and what could happen
you can do any other diet the point is to try not that you have to fast or youre doing stuff bad way
if you dont want to fast then dont
all info is in the op if you want to know stuff
you dont have to quit eating cold turkey as long as its low carb food
and i think most people use fasts to get rid of food addiction
i get cravings every day but it gets easier

>many muslims fast twice a week
>dryfasting 18 hours all month
>hindus are all over the fasting map
>orthodox christians are doing it almost constantly
>mormons and other christian sects

Hell it's almost as if only edgy fedoras don't fast. That and Sikhs, who are supposed to be battle-ready at all times.

How long should I water fast for if it is my first time fasting?

Sorry, never water fasted. But my first fast was on salt water and it was a 72. You could even do a dry 72, which is what I wish I had done.

>day 4 OMAD
>constantly thinking about food because bored
>not even hungry, just bored
help

Go outside. Just for a minute. Now. Go. Come back and report weather.

I'm on day 6 of my first water fast and plan to keep going.

It was only hard for the first 3 days for me. On day 4 I didn't feel hungry anymore. I'd say just go until you can't, or you hit your goal.

Will doing a lot of cardio on an extended fast do a big difference in weight loss?
I want to maximize my fat burning while in ketosis.

it's raining
I'm wet now

i dont need to bother with a refeed if it's just a 48-72 hour fast or do I?

Attached: slk.png (2048x2048, 823K)

Not OP but am in a similar situation.
It was raining this morning, so it's still wet and extremely humid. I'd peg the temperature at about 80.

Do LISS
Take cold showers
Get sun

Only on my 14th hour.
I am so fucking hungry.

Kek
Literally this.

>intermittent fasting
OK.
>water fasting
Not OK.

You stayed out long enough to get wet! Good for you. Put a glass outside and see how much it's really raining. Little NEET experiment.

Great time of year in the northern hemisphere.

Rain here too.

So how did the air smell?

I'm laughing all the way to the fat bank, where I'm storing all my pounds, faggot.

It smelled like rain, mud, and wet wood, but in a pleasant way.
The birds were no singing, but the insects were crawling.
My front lawn has luscious green grass which felt nice to walk in.

O great shamans of /fast/
Is it normal for weightloss to stall after a refeed?
Shit hasn't moved in a couple days and its pissing me off

I don't need to lose any pounds because I am not fat and never have been. You'd think you guys would be humble and ready to learn since your are the embodiments of 21st century's lack of masculinity. Well, at least you are getting natural selectioned out.

Attached: tuk.jpg (625x783, 95K)

Over half the country is fat, we will rule as gods once our fasts end.

>Implying there will still be a civilization when your fast ends

This board has never been about fat loss.
It has been about building muscle, which none of you have.

Who cares if you can lose your 300 pounds by fasting, no one cares. What we care about is how we can be lean and muscular as much as possible at the same time.
The answer to that surely isn't fasting.

>fitness=only muscle
some people dont want to have muscle

Then what the fuck do you want? You think fitness is not being fat?
No matter what it is, unless you have any other physically demanding goal other than just not being fat, fasting will suck for it.

Unless you have ***no*** other

>>Who cares if you can lose your 300 pounds by fasting, no one cares. What we care about is how we can be lean and muscular as much as possible at the same time.
>The answer to that surely isn't fasting.
If you weren't a retard, and actually educated yourself on the topic you're volunteering your opinion on, even so much as read the OP info, you'd know that fasting has huge benefits for building muscle because it promotes human growth hormone and leads to significantly less muscle loss than conventional dieting when done alongside exercise.

no one respondeded :/

>people who lift cut
>fasting is one way of cutting
>its not Jow Forums
i mean say whatever you want if it makes you happy, /fast/ and other fat threads arent going anywhere :)
you have other threads for you but you still come here to talk shit to people who try to better themselfes
maybe you should leave?

wrong
youtu.be/snyA5UgrZis

Shut the fuck up pussy

Advocate of fasting here, you're making us look bad

>he thinks i care
faggots will always come here and say were going to die but why care
just do your thing :)

Reminder that you can only lose so many calories from fat stores each day

youtu.be/ER0XQEWyqjo

Lol all these fast faggots can't count, thats why they don't believe in cico

Fasting as a way of cutting is a good way to lose all your muscle mass. Fasting is only for fat people.

I wish you fatties would go and talk about your meme diet somewhere else so we could get back to being a lifting board.

READ THE FUCKING STICKY

SAGE

>It's a sticky so everything it says must be true.

yeah water weight is a nigger, don't worry about it

When did the meme that you have to eat a high-fat diet to fast start? Literally eating a WFPB diet while 20/4 fasting, and it's easy. Is it because you guys think keto is magic?

It's crazy how deeply ingrained the habit of eating is.
I find myself walking towards the kitchen, ready to eat, having not put a single conscious thought towards it.

my bathroom is like 15 steps from the kitchen, literally every time I go to the bathroom I go and check the fridge

This is such a fucking retarded image, fasting is literally for brainlets.

show pics of yourself fatty

ketosis + ketosis = lots of ketosis
ketosis + no ketosis = less ketosis

>Jow Forums is to a lifting board
>as Jow Forums is to a politics board

Nigga please

>fasting is a diet

your ESL is showing

Meant to post here.

Our culture is doomed that the concept of not eating every three hours is assumed to be a meme. Western society will collapse from a collective heart failure.

What does /fast/ think of Doc Mike?

youtu.be/xrZMYVDcjZI

>48 hours into a water fast
>Almost crashed my car this morning from lack of focus
I'm not hungry but this like of focus or not being alert is something I can't really be without. Does this get better? I'm not hungry at all at least

>Not OK.
why tho?

It feels like my day is slightly too long when I don't have to worry about preparing and eating a meal, this seems like more trouble than enduring the hunger desu. Never realized how much we use eating as a form of entertainment and way to pass time.

ok ignore this if it's dumb but i've been in these threads and experimenting for a while and i'm looking for some more hot takes from anonymous internet people whom i'm trusting with my health for some reason...
so i was a skinny baby, skinny kid. like 160 at 5'10" in 10th grade, up to 225 by 12th grade, down to 180 and hovering near 200 for a while, then up to as much as 270 in my late 20s. down to 180 at 31 (CICO/OMAD), crept up to 215 at 33, down to 155 at 34 (keto/OMAD), now around 175 and messing with fasting and keto and stuff. anyway. as long back as i can remember, back to like 6th grade i guess, even as a skinny kid i always had a belly pouch of subcutaneous fat. it was still there at 155. can feel abs underneath but this soft fat's just been there forever. is it just there for good? should i do dry fasts? get down to like 140? can't tell if it's just the store of fat cells i made as a kid that will never go away without surgery, or if i'm just not getting down far enough or doing it the right way or what. sooooo yeah. thanks for reading my blog.

Attached: 1525894194852[1].png (381x353, 32K)

Kill yourself

I really wish I took some before I started

>start OMAD
>have this weird waxy feeling in mouth and can't taste food as well
Anyone else get this? What do?

No it's not. You may lose 1% of your muscle mass but any form of dieting results in muscle loss. All you have to do is start lifting and eating properly and you will be back where you were. You seriously overestimate how much muscle is lost. It's insignificant compared to being a healthy weight.

Ummmm sweetie
>isn't aware GH increases thousands of percent while fasting allowing you to mantain muscle easily, while skinnyfat CICO faggots lose 10 pounds in 6 months and will never have gainz

I'm a bit over 24 hours into my first fasting attempt. Got a little headache but my hunger has subsided completely. Is it smooth sailing from here on out?

Alternate day fasting. Just ate after 48h no food.

Apparently the canned tuna I bought had no fat in it. So I just ate 50g of protein and hardly any fat aside from Miracle Whip and an egg. Will this somehow fuck my keto or anything by having significantly more protein than fat?

Attached: spongeoh.png (300x312, 199K)

If I want to try keto and OMAD, how strict do I have to be about counting calories? Is it fine if I shoot for around something like 2000 calories even though that might be well below my TDEE?

Just ate 4 tbsp peanut butter just to get the fat up to par with the protein. God I fucking love peanut butter.

instagram.com/snake_diet_wizard/

No, you have to eat an excess of carbs to exit ketosis. If you eat too much protein, you could leave ketosis, but 50g won't do it. Fat is intended to just satiate you during the keto diet; if you eat very little fat at all, you could still theoretically be fine.

you realize pb has protein too, right? So you just upped your insulin even more.

Regardless, nah, you're probably okay. Protein doesn't spike insulin as bad as carbs.

isn't the rule something 1g of protein for each kg of your weight? I don't think a certain amount of fat is required for keeping you in ketosis, but you'll be hungry

you should theoretically suck my knurr.

PB has way more fat than protein. Like, a fuckton more.

Why do you guys use so much potassium?
Isn't 2300 sodium/2800 potassium enough for the day? I was eating garbage before anyway with no nutritional value.

Attached: 1392434869979.gif (500x333, 188K)

Water - 1 Liter
Potassium Chloride - ½ Tsp (1280mg)
Sodium Bicarbonate - ½ Tsp (540mg)
Sodium Chloride - ¼ Tsp (420mg)
Magnesium Sulphate - ¼ Tsp (100mg)

twice a day

Is potassium essential for fasting or can I make do with just water and salt? I can't find anywhere that sells potassium without charging like $50 for shipping.

potassium is required to make your muscles work

your heart is a muscle

without potassium your heart will stop

Get No-Salt or Lo-Salt. Come on man just go to whole foods or the "health food" store where all the hipsters and homeopathic old ladies go.

Otherwise enjoy your heart attack.

oh boo hoo

go to the actual store fat boy

I've been to like 10 grocery stores, 5 department stores, and the local Costco and they have nothing
Oh well, if I'm actually going to die I might as well order it online from abroad

Nigger you're not going to find it in mainstream shit places. Go to Whole Foods or any other hipster food store. One full of retarded homeopathic people.

you must not understand what you're looking for

it's not a super secret recipe, it's an extremely common salt substitute

I found a good mental trick for getting through hunger pangs. When my stomach rumbles I re-interpret the meaning from "I lack food" to "I have an upset stomach, food sounds terrible right now."
Sounds stupid, absolutely works for me. Choosing to believe it makes it feel real because the placebo effect works even when you know it's placebo.

Attached: star-wars-empire-strikes-back-luke-r2-d2-dagobah-x-wing.jpg (1280x537, 74K)

I don't know if the pouch will go away or not, the only way to know is to get down to a low bodyfat and see. We need people to test the broscience that fasting won't leave you with the loose skin that calorie restriction does, so please take pics and document your journey.

go to a doctor and ask

wow I just tried that in the middle of one and it legit made me feel slightly queasy

stop

Attached: #BullyHunters.png (217x232, 79K)

made the hunger go away right? the mind is a powerful thing

Yep. That is mainly why I fuck up. Why do I do this?