How do i stop doing this between sets? im not even doing anything, im just looking at it

how do i stop doing this between sets? im not even doing anything, im just looking at it

Attached: gymphone.jpg (640x640, 62K)

just dont bring the phone in with you, and also you should do a different lift between sets.
bench set
row set
bench set
row set....

and so on, rarely take a break, if you arent winded so badly that you can barely think you arent going hard enough.

Superset something? Take your pulse? Chalk up your hands? How the fuck am I supposed to know, stop being weird about it man.

She’s like a 6/10 but I can’t help but be attracted to girls that look sad. What mental illness is this?

desperation

sad hos are the best

i take the time
the instant i stop, i put on a timer (sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes 60, sometimes 90), and the instant it starts beeping, i turn it off and go back at it
so it kinda LOOKS like im obsessively on my phone (which i am SLIGHTLY self-conscious about, and i did buy an wristwatch, but i lost it), but it works for me, and it ensures i dont waste time doing dumb shit

Probably because you yourself are sad so you empathize with them thereby making them more desirable as they might feel the same emotionally as you do.

Jordan b Peterson is that you?

becuz they are less likely to have a bf prolly

>rarely take a break, if you arent winded so badly that you can barely think you arent going hard enough.

t. just started lifting this year, can't deadlift 405

Fucking retarded advice. Unless you're some ADHD 13 year old, you're wasting your energy. TAKE PROPER REST TIMES. Super sets are only good with lifts that dont exhaust the fuck out of you. Dont DL then jump on a fucking bench, god damn. Super set some isolation or two different versions (seated/stabding) calf raises or something.

OP, do you have a gym bro? Do you recognise any regulars who go during your scheduled time ? Get a word in with them it can make the whole experience a lot more fun. or stretch or something. You look retarded grabbing your phone out your pocket. In fact, it shouldnt even be in your pocket, it'll just flop around and create problems.

I quit being a personal trainer to high school kids because of this. I would tell them to leave their phone in the office and they would either refuse and look at it throughout the entire workout, or they would actually walk into the office and stare at their phone between sets.

I trained my boss’s son because he wanted to get hyuge for summer. The workouts lasted 4-5 hours because he stared at his fucking phone the entire time. I used my phone to make a video of how much time this piss ant kid wastes on his phone. I showed it to his dad and his dad (my boss) took his phone away and said that he could buy a new one but he’d have to pay for it as well as the monthly bill. He told me he wasn’t going to pay a monthly bill to slowly turn his son into a “limp wristed social retard that lives in my house into his 30’s”.

don't do it then

stop taking breaks. reduce time at the gym by not looking at your phone like a faggot

Put your phone in your locker you nonce.

>and so on, rarely take a break, if you arent winded so badly that you can barely think you arent going hard enough.
We goin to snap city folks

Is it actually becoming a problem, like you are your phone for like 5+ minutes or something? Either don't bring it in or do what and start setting timers. I mostly only go on phone when I know I have a long rest period after or before my exercises. During sets and in between otherwise, I have timer running and give myself about a minute-3 or so of rest. I'll sometimes check something quick, but I still have timer on in background.

If you're taking breaks on big lifts that are shorter than 3 mins, you're definitely not making gains

leaving phone in locker, unless doing some steady state cardio is a good idea.

but there are plenty of scenarios where it is acceptable to take long breaks in between sets. Lifting heavy with low reps for strength needs long rest.

Ur a retard if u do this

Use a timer and/or an app to keep track of your training (ie: Progression, it's shit but it gets the job done).

this

I don't understand, what's wrong with going on your phone in between sets?

>he doesn’t know phones steal your gains and transfer them to Chad via bluetooth

Kek

Attached: 1513289133784.jpg (212x251, 5K)

lol touché

MOTHERFUCKER if you are looking at your phone during a workout and it’s not to skip a song / change volume or some shit YOU ARENT WORKING OUT HARD ENOUGH.
You should be resting and drinking water between sets

why can't you rest and drink water while looking at your phone

>that guy who drinks water in between sets

Yeah, me. And I push out one hell of an amount of workload. It helps you retain abs at high bodyfat% too

for what possible reason do you criticize people for drinking water between sets?

theres literally no reason NOT to drink water between sets, unless your some total noob dweeb who needs to avoid puking

>You should be resting and drinking water between sets
What are we supposed to stare blankly into space while resting now?

Because you fuck with your focus. If you’re truly exhausted and are pushing yourself to the absolute limit you’ll want to sit there and rest and not fuck around. And you’ll get thirsty as hell too because you’ll sweat like a MFer

He doesn’t work out hard enough to understand

>keeping a radioactive device on you while getting your blood going
I never understood how people can do this, it's not like it's a secret phones have radiation. I guess people just don't care.

Small mp3 player is acceptable.

i actually tried to look for some arguments for denying yourself water during anaerobic exercises that were backed by actual scientific research, but i was unable to find any whatsoever

what chemical components in a phone are radioactive? im pretty sure youre mixing your chemistry-terms here

>he doesn’t absorb moisture from the surrounding environment through osmosis

And these are the people you take fitness advice from

Bananas are radioactive too, who gives a fuck?

Smash a dumbell on it.

This is what I do.

I like to find a song i like and use the duration of that song as a timer.

Attached: kebab frog.jpg (1298x1316, 254K)

Meant for

I do this too on compounds, it’s not a bad method

Post stats loser

You don't need the overstimulation. All these distractions help you divert your attention from your real existential problems

Lol I do that for planks

Dipshit you can't rest and stare at a screen? How exactly do you use your phone?

she looks my type

>black hair
>white girl

yo nigga gotta take that

Stop caring what other people in the gym are thinking. Focus on your workout- if being on your phone during a rest is mentally infringing upon your workout you’re doing something wrong. Perhaps you’re feeling guilty that you’re not exerted? Maybe you’re self conscious of being by yourself? People use phones it’s not abnormal. Obsessing over what random people think of you though.

>tfw keep bluetooth turned off

Fuck you Chad.

Attached: devilpepe.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

This. I bet OP is similar to those that miss out on sweet glute gains because they think hip thrusts make him look gay.

Theres nothing wrong with browsing your phone in your rest periods, what else am I meant to do lol? stare at the ground?

During my sets I push myself hard, then in rest periods i browse my phone if I want, nothing wrong with it

Attached: 1523848633177.jpg (1200x963, 93K)

FORLORN HOS
NONPLUSSED HOS
DISILLUSIONED HOS
CRESTFALLEN HOS
BITTERSWEET HOS
SAD HOS

She cute