MUH STARVATION MODE ??

My brother has gone from 170kg (375lb) to 94kg (207lb) in 14 months. He is 6'2.

Hes fat loss has not slowed down at any point in time. He has been eating mostly vegetables and drinking coffee, with 1 cheat meal on the weekend when he goes out.

How come he hasn't suffered any of the "starvation mode" memes? Hes bodyfat has just melted the fuck off and its been lightning fast the entire time, no plateaus.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Because starvation mode is just that: a meme.

Because starvation mode doesn't exist outside of extremes. Your TDEE decreases the less food you consume due to the Thermic Effect of Food; basically, food requires your body to expend energy to digest it. The more you eat, the more calories your body burns just processing it. A normal cut will result in a few hundred less calories burned and a noticeable decrease in body temp due to the metabolic processes not being used as extensively.

So then what causes so many people to have plateaus on cuts?

I thought my brother would have taken 2-3 or even 4 years to slowly lose all that weight, not 14 months.

Water retention, not cutting calories further as weight is lost, inexact recording of calorie intake, etc.

>14 months
Pleb, 6 months water fasting would have achieved the same.

And yes, starvation mode is a retarded meme for fat people to justify them not eating less. You only need to worry at 7-8% bodyfat.

Anyone who claim to have "plateaued" are eating a lot more calories than think, some how, some way, most likely having cheat days where they consume a fucking truck load of calories without realizing it.

>He has been mostly eating vegetables
If he wasn't starving why would he go into """""starvation""""" mode? Vegetables are food you realize?

I started fasting on 8 february at 122kg
This is what i look now at 96.8kg
Still have 15kg to go but i'm having fun while doing it.
Cheat meal once a month.

Attached: side by side final.jpg (1078x960, 232K)

>""""normal eating""""
>weight gain

Attached: 1504603802775.gif (500x252, 985K)

By fasting you mean prolonged fasting (as in more than 2 days)? Or IF/OMAD?

let's say you are 90kg
lets say your calories required is 2500
then you eat 2300
you lose weight
now you are 85kg
your required calories are 2300
why are you not losing any weight?
must be starvation mode

When you go to lower bf % that's when you plateau. It's easy to lose weight when you're fat.

Been doing OMAD mainly, but i fasted up to 9 days (water fasting). And lately i've been doing dry fasting and boy did my face change and i can actually see my adonis belt...
From now on my plan is,
24h Water Fasting, 36h Dry Fasting x2, 24h Water Fast, then refeed and repeat, until i reach my goal.
I assume by the end of june/start of july i will weigh around 85-82kg

Awesome, I've just started doing OMAD myself, so far so good, meals taste amazing. How often do you need to recharge on electrolytes? Have you felt anything weird at first during your fasting periods?

I never made snake juice desu, the only weird thing that has happened to me which is really retarded, is that before losing weight my knees were fine, i could walk 20km+ without any problem even with a filled backpack.
Now that i lost weight my right knee is fucked and i get some sciatica pains from time to time.

Really activates my almonds but i am seeing Dry Fasting diminishes the pains.

>So then what causes so many people to have plateaus on cuts?

Your BMR drops as your weight drops, and people fail to continue to strip calories away as their weight drops.

Nice work bro.

Yoo nice. I haven't really gone out of my way to fast for longer than 4 days. I don't have a good excuse, I just want to go out with friends to eat on the occasion still. I can definitely go longer, but I'm in no major rush to lose this weight. I only got like 20-ish pounds more to really lose... Okay so, physically that's still a lot, but not compared to what I've burned off beforehand.

What is a weekly refeed meal?
That's my final answer

because they are pussies straight up

since you were fat you prolly ate a lot of garbage foods that are really inflamatory and that sticks around in your fat cells. Now that your are burning so much fat at once all that shit is being released all at once. It may not be the case but it happens often.
"starvation" meme only happens under 8% bodyfat or if you eat less than like 70% of your tdee with mostly/only carbs, especially if you eat often.

>How come he hasn't suffered any of the "starvation mode" memes?

because starvation mode happens when your body is actually starving and has no energy reserves (fat) left.
even at 94kg your brother is overweight and still has significant fat reserves.

>So then what causes so many people to have plateaus on cuts?
they cut at a light deficit like -500 kcal per day.
when they reduce their activity level a little bit and their BMR goes down a little bit from weight loss, that deficit quickly vanishes into thin air. hence the plateau.

lol this

Mirin ur face gains brah