I fell for the SS meme and now gained a bunch of fat and hardly any actual muscle cause I'm a low t baby...

I fell for the SS meme and now gained a bunch of fat and hardly any actual muscle cause I'm a low t baby. literally went from like 65kg to 85kg in like 5 months (and my lifts still suck)

i wanna lift cause I enjoy it but how the fuck do i lose all this fat on my lower body while maintaining some strength? is it ok to switch to something like PPL and cut?

I'm more self conscious than ever help me Jow Forums

Attached: 2u7c7i8.png (926x460, 732K)

Went from low volume strength training to PPL

NEVER LOOKED BACK

Soooooo, how was your diet during that time user?

dude the program is shit as fuck

the books only valuable for an understanding of form, albeit a very long winded one.

now you have to sacrifoose gains or just get madfat and fast a bunch of the weight off lol.

He failed at the program from the start. The program isn't meant to make you look good, it's meant to up your babby weights. From what he says he's still at babby weight after 5 months, the program is only meant to be done in 4 to 5 months. This nigga is just weak af and has bad reading comprehension.

not the cleanest but mostly chicken/eggs/rice/veggies/protein shake everyday with a cheat meal every week, ate at about 500 surplus

i mean, I feel like it sets you up to fail unless you have a trainer. to me progressive overloading works if you nail form but after a certain point for me (2pl8 squat/dl, don't laugh) it went to shit and I started having pain in my knees and back so I held myself back a bit in fear of fucking up my body

getting to 2pl8 squat and dl and intermediate strength standards on the BP and OHP mean that you've had great success on the program. that's a cue to move on to PPL or Upper/Lower and throw 5/3/1 on the compounds. SS did its job for you. It's a really unaesthetic routine, but good for reaching your first 2pl8s within 2-3 months or 5 like the OP.

but that's with poor form, so other parts of my body must be compensating which is bad right? i actually hit 2pl8 dl pretty quickly (20kg a month) but scared of increasing the weight further cause my back always feels tight

also I only press 45kg and bench 70kg, I feel that's below whatever baseline intermediate strength would be

I'll probably switch over to PPL.

there are tricks to upping your OHP, like resetting by 10% then building back up to where you got stuck, then push pressing in order to add more weight and then resetting by 10%. on bench you can use dips to help improve your bench. I say get to intermediate standard before moving on to PPL. you're really close to intermediate on bench and press, just 30 lbs off both in fact.

bro what am I reading, you went from 65kg to 85kg, gaining 20kg of mass, and your lifts are
100kg squat
100kg deadlift
45kg ohp
70kg bench

no offence but you are weak as fucc and idk what you expected when you gained 20kg of mass without much strength increase for muscle gain

this is true. that sort of mass gain should equate to at least to intermediate strength standards on OHP and bench. i feel like he needs another month of hard training. should also buy some wrist supports, those helped me breakthrough the 1pl8s and 2pl8s, didn't need them after that.

>no offence but you are weak as fucc and idk what you expected when you gained 20kg of mass without much strength increase for muscle gain
I did what everyone said to do and eat lots/add weight on the bar every session (but my form eventually suffered) but gained mostly fat on my legs and ass so I look even worse now

I'll be a bitch and blame low t (results were ~250ng/dl twice), either I should've bulked slower to avoid fat gains or just went on TRT

guys i still dont get what 2pl8 means. 2x 40lbs? on each side? so 80 kilograms or what?

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 75K)

IPF plates are 25kg

and the collars are 2.5kg

So 2pl8 = 125kg

Hope that clears things up

1 pl8 = 20kg you fuckin mongs

2pl8 = 20*2 +20kg bar = 100kg

olympic bar = 45 lbs
bar+four 45 lbs plates=225
basically 100 kg

*the 2pl8 refers to each side
20*2 each side

2pl8 is 225lbs, so roughly 102kg

It means 2 plates on each side of the bar. Plates are usually 45lbs in the states (20.4kg), or 20kg in Europe.

You gained a bunch of fat because you fat fucked yourself.

I got to 140kg squat, 62kg OHP, 102kg bench, 160kg diddlylift and I had two options when I finally stalled: Eat more, go to intermediate programming. I was around early 20s%BF so I went on a cut using Madcows but using slower progression. I lost about 25lbs in 3 months and all my 5RMs went up slightly except for OHP which suffered a little.

If you're stalling on SS and not prepared to eat Ripp's caloric requirements go to intermediate programming. It even tells people in that demographic to go to intermediate programmnig if they refuse to eat.

>I did SS for 5 months and squat 100kg

YOU DID NOT DO SS. Even if you started on the empty barbell, you'd be squatting 140kg+ after 5 months.

How do so many people fuck up such a simple program?

What about stronglifts 5x5? Will it fuck me up too?

Any low volume program will fuck you up if you eat like a truck and don't back it up by training like a fucking psycho.

High volume doesn't work so well without effort either but you won't gain quite so much weight.

go to bed rippletits

Question: what's stopping one from simply eating more when you stop being able to lift more weight, instead of stuffing your mouth all the time from the beginning?

Attached: Chaddanoff.jpg (702x1234, 121K)

>bulking
>"cheat meals"
what the actual fuck.

Attached: Bulk Up Fucker.jpg (798x846, 121K)