funny how strength and muscle mass is totally uncorrelated

Attached: mxfE1Q8.jpg (1293x838, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SJTe7WFy5CA
youtu.be/a7_pby_zYD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

train hypertrophy then strength

>literally t-rex mode after 10 years of lifting
When will people admit that powerlifting is a meme and focusing too much on squats and deadlifts gives you a trash physique?

I know curl bros that could probably only deadlift 4 plate and they look 10x better than him lmao

>yet he has a body that i do not want
dont worry, you'll never even get close

I've never seen this guy do anything but Sumo deadlifts.
His legs are impressive. It checks out. Plus the huge legs make his upper body look worse than it actually is

lel your average gym rat absolutely mogs him

you can tell by the size ratio of his head to his arms, that his shoulders must be TINY af

I unironically think he looks good.

uunironically true

He's just ugly. Put a Chad face on the body and no one would be the wiser

Nigga you're absolutely beyond the point of saving in terms of muscle dysmoprhia if you think Candito looks DYEL

He isnt that lean in the pic you're posting and you can still tell he lifts. He literally just needs a tan and to lose 5lbs of fat and he would BTFO of 95% of Jow Forums easily.

Maybe try looking at less roiding instagram models and looking at more natural lifters and you'll gain more of an understanding of what is achievable natty in terms of muscle mass.

Attached: candito-vest.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

so this is how you want to look with clothes on? No thanks buddy

Attached: C6xin4fS_400x400.jpg (400x400, 31K)

Look at the size of his legs. His back must be thicc too. Size does mean strength. You probably have neither.

he's body looks very good in your picture

If you changed his face, got him to tan and took a less grainy picture you'd hhave a goal body

Looks like he's never trained his shoulders in his life

Attached: PPLpatricians.png (585x505, 590K)

>hips that wide
low t

and then these guys are significantly weaker... almost as if... nah, totes natties

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

I turned him into chad

Attached: IMG_20180519_095054900.jpg (2220x1080, 436K)

Newsflash, kiddo
>people who aren't enormous don't look big while squatting and deadlifting

What are you talking about, those quads are sexy AF

strength=/=size retardo
if you want to get big pure PL isn't the way to go, that's common knowledge

>strength and mass totally uncorelated
>Candito doesn't isolate arms or shoulders
>deadlifts a shitload

Nah bro I'm pretty sure his physique looks exactly like how he trains.

He has pictures up from when he was isolating his upper body more and shit blew up but it didnt carry over to his competition bench so he dropped the weight

Disproportionately large legs compared to upper body is seriously one of the ugliest things a guy can do to themselves.

Attached: 11820707_937460562979313_2085224991_n.jpg (480x480, 40K)

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

Uhh, you most definitely do get big doing powerlifting. You get big with the muscles required to move a lot of weight, and things like your biceps and shoulders tend to get left in the wayside because they mean less and as long as they're strong enough that's all you need.

that's why you do rows, ohp and curls

>what are genetics

These two have a huge difference. Probably because of no pump in OP pic.

I bet he has more mass than those fuccbois you idolize.

Powerlifters are dense AF and some bodybuilders don't weigh shit

>has better delts unpumped than most of Jow Forums pumped

>rows
Every powerlifter does plenty of upper back work. A strong upper back contributes to all three lifts.

>curls
Arm volume is generally better left to triceps. Powerlifters generally only curl enough to not get tendonitis. I do it twice a week max.

>OHP
Again, not as important but useful for preventing injury. Any sort of vertical press will do though.

As a powerlifter your goal is improving your total and not getting injured. I only get a chance to do all of those extra lifts for about 1/3 of my training.

>posts roid shoulders in comparison to a natty

cope

Delaney is natty

Attached: 12.png (592x563, 556K)

training natty 10 years for this

youtu.be/SJTe7WFy5CA

youtu.be/a7_pby_zYD4

mogs everyone

Pretty much, all Jow Forums cares about is how they look when they see themselves in the mirror.

mogs everyone here

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 29K)

he looks great man
what’s the beef?

Me too. This board has retarded standards. They only like roid monkeys like Joff.

copemaxing

the beef is that he spent 10 years training natty just to look like a 16 year old the moment he puts on a t shirt. logistically thats what we call a massive waste of time and dumb

>Lift as much as Candito can
>Low test

Pick one

>he doesn't realise that he's one of the best powerlifters in the USA for his weight class

What's the point of risking serious injury by doing insanely heavy squats and deadlifts when you can lift lighter like a bro and look 10x better?

It's a fucking shirt, he has great frame, face, and hair, he can mog people at the beach or surprise some thot in bed.

u mad

Attached: 993458_369103123235295_314562281_n.jpg (720x720, 78K)

What's the point of looking strong if you can't lift heavy and don't play sports?

copemaxing

it gets you mires you dyel

>shredbundy
>powelifter

pick one

>he doesn't know that raw powerlifters should be lean as possible to maximise wilks score

So you believe that a guy who can deadlift 600 lbs has low test? For real? Like you actually believe that?

thats not the topic the topic is why would anyone want to be a dyel powerlifter

How fucking ugly are you that you had to start working out just to get female attention?

yeah but they're too good for athletic performance not to do them desu

Powerlifting is a hobby, so those people train to get good at it rather than training to look good. It's like asking "why would anyone want to be a dyel tennis player?" Cuz it's their hobby, silly.

HOLY COPE
bodyweight doesn't mean shit, and dry bodybuilders can be light while still having more muscle mass than guys who weigh 50 lbs more
by your coping logic some skinnyfat 250 lbs guy is bigger than arnie who competed at 220 in pumping iron @ contest conditioning while arnie would be twice as wide

this

>he doesn't realise that the discussion was about Joe 'Shredbundy' Delaney and not Candito

summer brainlet invasion

its not a hobby its a lifestyle and its a dumb lifestyle youre willing destroying your joints for what? so you can tell someone that you can deadlift alot while looking dyel? everything about powerlifting is dumb

In a social circle, something with which you are obviously unfamiliar, dudes will compare with you and try to one up you. If you look like Candito after 10 years of training expect no one to ever take you seriously, not even women. This hypothetical social circle is made of people that don’t lift. Gym rats will understand where somenone like Candito is coming from.

Exactly. Deadlifts, squats, and I'd even throw in kettlebell swings are great for building sprinting speed. Those three lifts really helped me elevate my rugby game.

its highly illogical to not lift why would anyone not looksmax by improving their aesthetics? are you illogical? perhaps just low iq

Except in real life height and facial aesthetics are way more important than physique.

>why does anybody do anything? We're all just going to die one day

yet another cope instead of providing a logical answer

being muscular and aeshetic has real life benefits, work, love affairs, friends, respect admiration

being a dyel powerlifter on the other hand is totally useless and it destroys your body big time

False. I’m a fit manlet and one of the shortest guys in my group. I usually steal other guys’ thunder just because I’m fit. Jow Forums memes don’t apply to real life.

Only GDEs destroy their joints. If you tried powerlifting and got hurt it just means you aren't genetically gifted enough with good body mechanics and kinesthetic awareness. Just roid and become a bloated bodybuilder if thats the case.

also
>training to look good and worrying about muh aesthetics
>not just training to improve performance

It's literally not, trying to justify acting like a vain thot with your mental gymnastics is pathetic.

what performance? life isnt a powerlifting meetup

its about looking good, attracting the hottest wife possible, being the alpha in a social circle and being respected at work for your dedication

its not about fucking numbers on a deadlift and looking dyel as absolutely shit like candito

its like you misunderstood the foundations of life aesthetics matter they can make a huge difference, but how much i can deadlift? that doesnt matter for shit

If you're story isn't made up, it's probably got more to do with your confidence and social skills than being fit.

Life is about whatever you want it to be. You choose to be a vain, preening faggot with a shitty personality who treats the gym like a chore for looking good. I choose to be as big and strong as I can be, because I like competing, winning and making friends through it all.

Again, it's just a hobby for some people. What don't you understand? Some people powerlift because they find it fun.

I'm totally with you in terms of my own workout- I do mostly hypertrophy training to looksmax. But I don't see why you have such a hard time understanding that other people have different interests and different goals than us.

you might be strong but youre not big if powerlift

getting big is a curlbros game not a squatters, candito amongst many proves this to be true

I would absolutely size mog the fuck out of you kiddo. You'd look like a fucking stick next to me.

>its about looking good, attracting the hottest wife possible, being the alpha in a social circle and being respected at work for your dedication

Only an immature person would think like this. To be so pre-occupied with how others view you and work your entire life toward pleasing others only to never be satisfied with yourself. Must be the worst kind of torture. Can't imagine what kind of a pathetic person you are to place so much emphasis on your ouitward appearance. Honestly I only find this attitude in losers who are ugly as fuck and desperately trying to fill in the void with roids and a degenerate lifestyle. You'll still be ugly, kid.

>I choose to be as big
fat powerlifter is fat

dyels whose main workout consist of squats and deadlifts

Show me a pic of your upper arm lets see how big you are mr powerlifter, I mean Theres no way youre stupid enough to neglect your biceps curls right buddy?

I’m not a fan of larping. And yeah, maybe. I don’t let my insecurities bleed through which helps a lot.

Yeah and he's small as fuck lol

That's what happens when you grow up as a bullied social outcast. I feel bad for them honestly.

says the guy dyel powerlifter who tries to lift the pain away every day IF ONLY I CAN GET 1 MORE PLATE ON I MIGHT FEEL LIKE A NORMAL GUY hahahaha

I'm not a powerlifter you dummy. I do hypertrophy training but I'm siding with the powerlifters in this thread because they do what they enjoy and there's nothing wrong with that.

Theres everything wrong with that you dyel poser powerlifting is fucking retarded what kind of dumbfuck would unironically destroy their entire body's function without reaping the gains of aesthetics

I have 17" arms and am 6'2" 230lbs.

He has good biceps its just his legs are massive that he looks t rex. Disproportionate af.

Why are you so pre-occupied with muh aesthetics? No one gives a shit about biceps after you've got 16-17" arms its wasted effort. Go be a faggot somewhere else if you need to masterbate over dudes physiques.

Because they find it fun. Football is also bad for your body. So is hockey. So is rugby. Don't be a faggot and say people shouldn't do these things. They're fun as fuck and it's important for men to do something competitive in their lives as it builds character. Powerlifting falls into that spectrum.

Powerlifting is a hobby for autists

end of story

this is the FIRST logical argument ive heard for powerlifting in a 89 answer thread. thanks this was all i was asking for, thank fuck not everyone is a total retard powerlifter

Probably true, as it doesn't have the social/team aspects of the other sports I mentioned. But still, it's leagues better to have as a hobby than playing league or fortnite and jacking off all day.

Why do people think you can't have it both ways? Just train for fucking strength in the main lifts, but do body part isolations afterward. Its really not that fucking hard. Instead of benching 3x/week bench twice and ohp 2x. Now you have good delts

I think it comes from competitive powerlifting, where you have to maintain a certain weight to be in a specific weight class. Those people tend to min-max and look as small as possible while having the biggest lifts possible.

You're right though, average Joe can definitely max out both aesthetics and strength and doesn't have to choose one or the other.

depends how you train I suppose, a lot of powerlifters train together in clubs etc

I do olympic weightlifting at my uni gym but the powerlifters always come in in a group and support each other, was the same at my old uni and seems to be that way with alan thrall's gym/supetraining/westside etc, they all egg each other on and its pretty wholesome most of the time

then again some of them are just gymcels who squat alone to thrash

I really want to see what you look like

lol that guy probably started working out two weeks ago

sup brah

Attached: 12312313.png (225x225, 87K)

Yet another cope