/plg/ - Powerlifting General

Powerlifting General: please buy muh skynets (for jesus) edition

Welcome to Powerlifting General, for the discussion of training the squat, bench and deadlift for the purpose of building a better competitive total or just for funsies.

Please remember to enjoy your training, try your hardest, eat to grow and sleep well. Please leave your autism at the door and don't be a sad cunt.

If you're asking for form advice POST A FUCKING VIDEO.

Attached: garrett-blevins-1~2.jpg (731x800, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=huLV4m8Gh3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=5oDrnxRwh4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Seeing as Sean is a millionaire he should fly everyone somewhere for a plg Royal Rumble

How's my form?

who's this soiboy

a guy I know squatted 200kg at 65kg bodyweight at age 16 without roids, he was doing oly

should he have become a powerlifter?

no he should be doing oly and earn some money

he stopped lifting and became a software developer lol

what a waste I bet he's also a shitty codemonkey earning barely more than minimum wage

nah, he earns 4-5 times minimum

Anyone?

lol like I said barely more

Maybe if your dick was 4-5x bigger it wouldn't make a difference kiddo.

what do you think of our taller humans? there are bigger, but also tiny humans.

He's entrapping me into making myself a fool

Look at the background. I've been in enough clubs to recognise when someone is in a real (good) PL club.

>Look at the background. I've been in enough clubs to recognise when someone is in a real (good) PL club
That doesnt mean its Sweden dumb fuck

maybe he recognises the background and the photos on the wall, and knows its a gym in sweden you stupid APE

Thats now what he wrote you stupid ape

>If you're asking for form advice POST A FUCKING VIDEO.

This is why no cunts on this board takes your faggots seriously, even Jow Forumspowerlifting is better than this shit

It's much easier to diagnose and solve a problem when you actually have something to reference other than a person's description of what's wrong.

t. uggo whos scared to post himself online

You don't have to believe me but isley is a vampire and or werewolf

hes just an anglo. we're naturally pale

>George "fake Anglo with a German last name" Seeger
>Anglo

Heh, good one.

Pale black?

That's Garrett Blevins and he's stronger than you.

I've seen him in daylight so I'm voting werewolf.

Anyone that can *accurately* describe (protip, you probably can't) their form issues doesn't need form advice on a Malaysian flyfishing enthusiast board.

>happy about 320kg squat
I don't think he's stronger than me.

What are the advantages to thumbs around on the squat?

Somewhere on the East coast of North America would make the most sense

He is at the minute, Sam :^)

>WAWTT

I'm going to do flat bench for the first time in about nine months. Wish me luck, plg.

I'll also be doing wide-grip OHP, floor press, cable row, and BTN pulldown.

>WAWET

Mom's making chili, so that'll be nice.

>WAWLTT

Maybe some Killswitch. I'd also like to give Mayhem a shot.

>WAWFT

Mostly comfy, but also disappointed in the results I'm getting from Tinder and OKC.

>mfw single for over a year and don't know how to get laid outside of a relationship

Attached: TheCreamWillRise.webm (320x240, 411K)

For these fights to work everyone post who your opponent to fight will be

Winner moves on to the next round

My opponent will obviously be Seeger so now no one else can pick me or Seeger in the first round

Understand ?

how do i into grip strength

>t. deadlift 255kg, couldn't do 4 plate double overhand

>4 plate
3 plate i mean
literally couldn't lift 140kg overhand

i had a rhomboid injury/strain from powercleaning and front squatting too often and ignoring rhomboid strain. got prescribed muscle relaxers for a week and today it felt completely better. i was doing no hook no contact powerclean and push presses while i was waiting for it to heal because of the reduced loading and i hit a max today since my back felt really good. reminder to try harder btw
youtube.com/watch?v=huLV4m8Gh3Y

you dont need to so who cares

Did Stefi “The Nose” Cohen compete tested or untested at Kern?

if she could pass a drugs test she would go ipf atleast once and btfo all the autists, but she cant

nice blog

cope

Pressing and blessing, it's a lifestyle.

She can smell the probable trouble...

youtube.com/watch?v=5oDrnxRwh4E
fat bitches doing squats

I wish I had a completely different personality from the one I have now

Attached: 1467935246914.jpg (657x527, 36K)

Just be yourself lol.

Unironically though you can change your personality yourself. Pick one thing you want to change, practice it every moment it comes up until what you want to do becomes natural. Repeat ad nauseum. Eventually you'll be the person you want to be.

Attached: 1526174920556.jpg (800x1200, 438K)

it's your personality

change it however you want

>fall for the salt meme
>go hard for 3.5 hours, absolutely no issue, typically i'm dead after 2
wtf i love gbro now

also my gym was doing some repairs and the power was gone so there was no music or lights
which scared most of the normies away and it was great (and there was no garbo music which was great too)

Are you implying that you don't want to hear about that woman's heart being in Havana every twelve minutes?

but I can only B myself. I dont know how to be anything else

Plop!

Squiiiiisssshhhshshshs spluuusshshshhshs
Wee

EWEWW

WEE W THAT FUCKING STENCH OF NORMAN LHAN JUST HIT MY NOSTRILS

THAT IS ONE STINKY SMELLY NORMAN KHAN

oh here comes some more

Squiiiiiiisshshshshshh

Pisssssssss

Man this Norman khan has hit a 7.5/10 stink factor

>have to do 5 reps
>get to 4-5
>not sure if it's 4 or 5
>do another one
>form goes to shit, barely lock out when it shouldn't have been too much trouble, so yeah i probably did 6
this happens way more often than it should
how do i stop it
(and yes i do count the reps but i guess i just lose track of it at some point)

Attached: black cod chickpea.jpg (988x640, 185K)

fuck no, i don't understand how people can tolerate that sort of thing

Glad someone else tried something and it worked for them

Helping anons 1 at a time

I deadlift 200kg and can double overhand 160kg, but I'm a 6'8 lanklet.

You've probably just got small hands.

Count out loud if you're that much of a brainlet.

tried it, doesn't help
i legitimately forget

i guess i could get someone else to count for me, but that'll make me look like a complete retard

I'm thinking of working an "accessory circuit" in at the end of my main lifts. This would be a circuit-style no-rest thing.
>face pulls
for muh posture and I guess shoulders
>bicep curls
for muh trex mode
>farmer's walk
for muh grip and rediscovering FW is awesome last week
>planks
for muh core

Anyone else do something like this? I'm especially stoked about the farmer's walk. But is doing these exercises every day (or 3 days in a row, whatever) sub-optimal?

If you have a training partner, just tell them to let you know when you've got one more.

I don't think there's any testing at the US open. No way she would pass a test either way though

This is basically what I do. For me its rows, abs and curls, as many sets as possible in 10 minutes.

Do triples instead, form goes to shit reps 4 and 5 anyway, if its heavy enough to be effective

I've done/do something like this. Generally I keep it to 2 exercises, and your selection can vary. Ones I've used include
>rear delt flys
>lat raises
>some kind of tricep extension
>some kind of bicep curl
>ab wheel
>GHRs
>some kind of row
>pullups/chinups
>DB pullovers

Some suggestions for you.

What youve described would yield good returns if done for a while, and build work capacity well which will aid in better recovery between sessions and sets

What's the road from a 100kg to 140kg bench like?

Attached: image.jpg (640x640, 57K)

I consider back exercises like chinups or rows to be a primary exercise, due to the size of the muscle groups worked

>>DB pullovers
Normal or cross-bench?

Great!

A row is NOT a primary movement

The muscles of the upper back can take a ton of volume without impacting recovery or hindering anything else

> this
If I have time I always end my sessions with a few sets of pull downs or rows

Ive been doing 10x10 or drop sets that always end up being 70+reps

I generally do something like 50 total reps and if I finish in 3 sets I move up the weight, alternating between pull downs and cable rows

Yeah i did that for a while, easy way to progress

So you're saying I can make more row/pullup gains doing them everyday than if I let the lats recover 48 hours? For strength?

How many days a week do you train? I wouldn't do them literally every day but 3 or 4 times a week is doable

I also think it's a little different whether you're doing heavy bent over rows or something like cable rows. Cable rows will beat you up a lot less and thus you could do it more often

Crossbench is how I've always done them.

Just do a ton of upper back volume and try to involve the arms as little as possible, pull with the elbows not the hands

I've been doing 4 or 5, trying to get more like 5 or 6. Was only doing 3 or 4 last month though.

Partially I'm trying to spend less time in the gym each day and go more days, for scheduling reasons, so I can get more sleep.

I've been doing lat pulldowns (cable) primarily.

What do when i just cant get tight on anything

I wasted a sessiom because of this yesterday. I tried to learn from it but i feel clueless. It happens sometimes

Learn how to get tight? Experiment with different setups

Hard to explain how to actually get tight. Watch juggernauts squat bench and deadlift tutorials, that should help

Yo where can I get these powerlifting belts?

Attached: 9812739812.jpg (1340x753, 232K)

Gonna get a car parking ticket and I'm SAD

No i mean i know how to get tight but on occasion a session i cant get tight no matter what

try using a belt. I had no idea how to brace or get tight until I started using a belt. It's easier with belt so try to imitate the feeling.

Long and full of terrors

just add 10kg each month so about 4 months

Got a qt girl's number and I'm HAPPY.

Just add 2.5kgs each month so about 16 months.

imagine this

there are people who use anabolics for a sport

they dont get paid to compete in

someone better justify this shit real quick

*cough cough* cameron

tbf I agree with that.

Isn't BPU and some other lolfeds the only feds that pay the lifters, unlike IPF?

I mean I honestly wouldn't even roid for a USAW stipend

I think the most you get for being a great weightlifter is like 40,000 dollars a year which is not worth the irrepairable damage you do to your body lol

Sponsorships? Supplement shilling?

I mean thats extra but still like

just work a job its not that bad lol

Yeah I get what you're saying, it's a hobby. But everyone has to decide on their own how much they want to invest in that hobby. But actually wanting to be a full time powerlifter is impossible, stupid and lazy.

I mean in Russia the weightlifting team gets like 7-12k a month

I mean yeah thats something that would be a bit more convincing for PED usage but still thats nothing amazing like NBA players salary

You had a bad session. Get the fuck over it.

The better you get, the more mediocre and bad sessions are going to have.

They dont pay, but unlike GBPF they actually test at every comp

>irreparable damage

Source? Study to back up?

Attached: pink porchetta sandwich.jpg (1573x1238, 685K)