Is 18 too late to start boxing?

Is 18 too late to start boxing?

Attached: Anthony-Joshua.jpg (615x368, 29K)

to become a pro? yes.

i suppose there's a chance you are genetically gifted, insanely athletic, and have supreme work ethic but you're on Jow Forums so probably not.

Nah, I don't wanna be a pro. I just want to learn how to defend myself, meet people, get a good workout, have a hobby, etc.

With dedication, its never too late. Starting out as an amateur boxer and working your way up, is some of the most rewarding you can experience.

The man in your picture started boxing at 19 and beat Klitschko a few years later; you don't even want to go pro, so no, it's not too late.

Thanks lads. I've wanted to join a boxing gym for a while now but I've always assumed that everybody there would have been training since they were young and would be miles better than me

i started at 25 so no.

Attached: 1515590310499.jpg (850x801, 151K)

Of course not then you fucking donut. I'm 27 and I'm keen in learning too, although to do that I'm gonna have to travel more than I like. I also can't seem to find anything about a beginner's course, I really have no idea how boxing works, if it's more if s 1:1 thing.

Well, some of them probably have. I was one of the first to start on our team, so i cant really say how it is to start out older. But you got nothing to worry about if you are scarred of fighting or getting hit, because that i know everyone is.

This thread kinda inspired me to join one, im 22 OP.

I plan to stop by the local boxing gym on monday, thanks op

too early. Ideally you want to learn grappling first so you don't get the brain cells knocked out of you

Depends on your height. If you intend to be a heavyweight then absolutely not. Anthony Joshua started at 18 for example. Its the norm for heavyweights to start later. The sport at that level relies more on sheer power so you dont need as much skill although it helps.

However if you're under 6'2 then yes it's probably too late to ever go pro. Worth taking up though you learn a lot about discipline and other life skills.

How many days a week should I do rounds on the heavy bag

Attached: 941.gif (540x279, 2.95M)

SEVEN

Attached: giphy.gif (480x316, 3.93M)

sounds like an easy way to overtrain

I'm in

Attached: tenor.gif (498x249, 2.56M)

overtraining is not real

What about anti-nigger self defense purposes?

never too late to take it up,its too late to become a champion, but that doesnt mean its not god-tier cardio and great for self-defence

Its not too late to start anything you dummy, unless you want to to pro then yes probably too late

Overtraining is only a thing when it comes to stuff like powerlifting and strength programs where you want to add weight to the bar and succeed lifting it every workout. It doesn't apply to bodyweight, cardio and technique training in the same way. That shit you can and should do as much as you want of every day. If you need a rest day you'll feel it.

i just need to like, not fuck up my hands ya know. I do shadow box every day whenever I get a chance