/FAG/ Fit Accountant General

How're you doing? What was today's day at work like? What's it like being a Jow Forums accountant/auditor?

Currently going to CSUN... one year left..

Attached: mfw.jpg (1200x800, 151K)

ayyyyyyy csun gang

starting at a big 4 as an auditor in october. i did an internship with the same firm last january. currently finishing up my masters degree (5 weeks left) and working a shitty wageslave labor job in the meantime. i should be studying for the CPA exam but desu i don't even know if i want to take it.

Actuary Master race reporting. If you guys weren't such fucking dumbass fucking brainlets you'd be actuaries too. Get off you entry level financial calculators and try doing some real math. Fuck you all.

Do you even need a CPA if you got a masters in auditing?

Gonna be studying econometrics and statistical decision making at uni next year.

Attached: 1446674882973.jpg (648x808, 50K)

my firm requires you have a CPA before you can make manager. i don't plan on staying to make manager (going to bounce to industry or government when i make senior) but i believe all big 4 firms do this. also many industry jobs "strongly prefer" a CPA.

and a masters in accounting is fuck all. i only did it to be CPA eligible (state requires 150 credits) and because my bachelors was in math and not accounting (i needed accounting coursework and access to on campus recruiters.)

enjoy studying a straight line for 4 years, statisticucks make me sick

t. Probability master race

They're just two modules I'm doing for my final year of uni, not for the full 4 years. But I'm an autist, rules, numbers and straight lines make me happy.

hi
question
the fuck is going on in the picture user

Attached: 3A285F74-6DD8-4F60-BCEB-3683AE7FA755.jpg (700x501, 64K)

thats funny because in my country, if you get a masters in auditing you're pretty much a hotshot at the big 4, I've never seen a on linkedin guy with a CPA, who also had masters in auditing. But maybe thats just a thing in the states?

auditing is not the same as being an actuary

auditors dont need to know any advanced probability theory or math lol
auditor =/= actuary

if you're confused then just imagine that dude's muscles

Imagine being an accountant

>being paid a decent salary for boring office work

there are much worse ways to make a living.

CPA here. Finishing my last few months in top 10 firm before i bounce to industry. Public accounting is literal aids

USA? if so, what are you doing (audit/tax/etc.) and what is your title (staff/senior/etc.)?

Yes usa east coast. Work in audit. Pensions and financial institutions. Im an associate. Not sticking around for senior too much work

>that guy who is an accountant yet STILL doesn't track his calories

Attached: 1496245546816.jpg (250x250, 12K)

Doing business accounting course, nearly finished.
Half the time everything’s good and I know what I’m doing and the other time I want to curl into a ball and cry.
I’m enjoying it though

fuck

Do you need to go to uni?

>/FAG/ Fit Accountant General Anonymous 05/19/18(Sat)15:34:16 No.46079
wat

>Being a Big 4 cuck

Let me guess, you think working 80 hour weeks will be worth it for the resume right?

Attached: 1475561008411.jpg (785x757, 199K)

I was always under the presumption you just suffer in agony for the first 5-6 years in a big 4 and then you can get a comfy job afterwards

It kinda is, i posted above, im in a top 10 firm and the offers i get now are amazing. 6 figures, not even a senior. Hows ur job at gamestop?

It ruins your schedule at the end of the month or at the end of the quarter. End of fiscal year is always a mess.
Say good bye to your gains.

>I was always under the presumption you just suffer in agony for the first 5-6 years in a big 4 and then you can get a comfy job afterwards

Half the new hires burn out in the two years, the firms expect that.

>It kinda is, i posted above, im in a top 10 firm and the offers i get now are amazing
I'm gonna guess this is bullshit. You do get offers from other firms, but not 6 figures out of the gate.

>the offers i get now are amazing. 6 figures, not even a senior.
what kind of offers? penison accounting or just general senior accountant work?

Sec compliance work. 6 figures as a senior compliance assoc. At an investment firm.

Acca and I only do bookeeping 3 days a week. I left big four after 3 months, fuck responsibility.

>Braggin about being in back office

Attached: 1475533859716.gif (250x198, 1.28M)

Got my CPA exams done in 6 months, you guys are retarded.

Step up. Investment Banking Master race.

Local CC offers CPA approved classes for people with bachelors degrees and want to meet the requirements. It's almost always filled asap

Yea, front office peeps make decent cash but work 90 hour weeks and grt canned every 2 days

Accounting brahs, I need your energy for my nat(ty) 5 accounting final exam next friday

Attached: 782C4547-1072-4816-85A7-EFA063EDBAC0.jpg (150x209, 12K)

Is accounting possibly the most retarded profession their is?

Check this thread for the discussion.
We are super under paid and work like dogs in our 20,30,40,50 for the chance to get a treat and in our 60s and get more work. FUCK THIS SHIT.

I'm just going to work industry and buy businesses with my parents money one the side until I have enough side work that I can quit accounting.

who wants to work 100 hours a week?

how the fuck is this fitness related? just another "let's brag about our white collar extremely high paying jobs on fit" thread?

>high paying
kek

If your idea of a high paying job is $60k then yeah it's high paying

kek I'm starting at 36k at big 4. My friend who didn't go to uni are working in the local mill for 100k/year.

Location?

Friend at Houston started at $55k, which I think is near the average

Also sales reps selling sodas and consumer goods shit to retail stores make like 65-70

Canadoot BC

So its more like 25k USD

Yup accounting is a scam...

British Columbia?
Why is it so low? Are you a FOB?

Do you guys have any desire to audit/account for the IRS, FBI or CIA?

> meme sociology degree
> hired as jr actuary
> haven't taken single soa exam
> promoted to assistant director
Only basic maths are needed for my job. Not particularly hard, but the hours are pure shit and leave you with little time to lift

Canadian born and raised.

This is the starting salary for everyone in BC. I asked a bunch of people and everyone is within a few thousand of it. Definitely, some price fixing going on.

Only reason I put up with this shit is because I made around 700k from a original 300k loan from my parents by flipping real estate while in school. So I'm going to do my 2.5 year get my CPA then fuck off and make some real money.

nothing about the CPA is "difficult", the more time you have to study the quicker you will pass it

those complaining about passing the CPA are either lazy or actually dumb (which would't be surprising for an accountant)

Wait. Don't you need certain amount of hours of real work to get it? Canadoot here. I thought i requires 2.5 years min.

those are all British people fyi. it's different in the USA.

>mfw i could've ended up in accounting

glad my accounting degree turned out to be worthless and i ended up in finance instead

Attached: 1457450223879s.jpg (125x112, 1K)

Pharmaceutical Sales Rep checking in