How viable is hate as a motivator?

Only thing that gets me motivated if I'm being honest. But I'm still new at this so I'm not sure if it'll last.

Attached: wfbtas.png (1534x1292, 3.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ressentiment
youtube.com/watch?v=NTxxX3cJ7Zs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Forget the concept of motivation, it's like relying entirely on the newest fad diet to stay on top of your weight. Discipline makes gains.

Working out for shit's and giggles sounds like a waste of time to me. What's the end goal?

Attached: bt40k.jpg (492x849, 143K)

Hate as a motivator is great so long as you can stay angry. Most people settle down after a day or two but you have to put your fire on slow release if you want those rage gains.

Attached: 434EB672-E24F-4E5D-9D95-D3EA985F0987.jpg (980x551, 68K)

I enjoy being angry sometimes and have used it as a motivator. It works for a time.

Coming on two years since my whore ex left me and I still use that as a great motivator before heavy lifts.

By all means, I could lift big regardless but it's nice just getting mad before a lift.

Watch X-Men origins. Hate is a good motivator but love is the greatest motivator.

Anger is what motivates me to do 99% of everything I do

Onions

Ressentiment is a classic trait of lesser men.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ressentiment

Oh my fucking god are you serious dude? You sound like a fucking Hallmark card. A lifetime of hate brings the greatest gains

I actually think that most guys at the gym at some point lift because of that girl that rejected them at High School, or that ex who left you.

Only started working out again thanks to Jow Forums tbqh

But according to that article, ressentiment is a psychological defense mechanism where the guy hates something because of jealousy/rejection/weakness in comparison to that thing.

Hate doesn't necessarily mean you feel less or weaker than whatever it is that you hate and you're compensating by hating.

You could hate and make that drive you to be better than whatever it is that you despise.

Hate/Love are equally important

Throw yourself into whichever one you want, 100%

This. The last time I had a true workout fueled by anger/disappointment was about 1 and half years ago now, but I was benching and had been struggling to get 285X6, and that day the bar felt light and I easily got it 6, probably could have gone 7 but I was too excited. The workout after, I was stuck in the same bar feeling heavy again and only getting about 4-5. Shit was a feeling I rarely experience.

>father told me I was too weak to join Marines
>too nice and not chad enough for girls
>Bullied in high school because I was too nice
>best friends double crossed me for bullys’ approval
>I fucked housed one of my friends while his mom died of cancer and he joins bullies against me months later

>join Marines
>cut ties with high school life completely
>start lifting
>gains
>Dad is impressed (doesnt “take back” what he said because he probably doesnt remember saying it anyway... whatever)
>pretty much only go home once a year just to see parents
>get gf
>fall in love
>lose gf (she was CONVINCED I would leave her)
>heart broken- fuck ~20 girls after her, never feel love again
>deploy, fucked up shit happens- body is always in pain but continue to lift
>start college
>too redpilled/mindfucked from deployment to make friends with stupid fucking kids
>transfer to 4 year, join clubs/fraternities and make more friends...
>... they are impressed with my past and physique but get triggered when I be myself
>gym is the only constant

I hate my life
I am so fucking lonely
If I couldnt lift I don’t know what I’d do
I’m probably being dramatic but fuck it that’s how I feel

Yes, Hate is an excellent motivator
If I can’t be happy at least I can be powerful

Attached: 717449D5-12AC-4B80-8FE6-451C48A81FE2.jpg (1080x1920, 427K)

Staying physically fit so your older years aren't spent in a wheelchair or at a slow gait

If you can harness it to something productive for you, then I suppose it's a good thing. All that really matters is that you're doing things, constantly pushing yourself and growing.

Some dumb shit has motivated me in the past. Whatever works, within reason.

you're probably being way too self conscious, but it's better than even odds that you're a shitty person as well

Hatred seems incredibly draining. Why not just be contentedly superior?

Your reason for working out is irrelevant if the result is the same.

>it's better than even odds that you're a shitty person as well

You may be right, but Im curious what makes you think this?

I quit smoking through pure hate.

My mates bitch GF said she could quit before me because she said was smarter than me and its about critical thinking.

I haven't smoked in 9 years now.

Every time i see the bint I ask her if shes quit, even if she's got a smoke in her hand.

People don't get continually shunned for no reason

Lol what do you have to hate you little faggot?

It can be good in the short term, but unsustainable in the long run. That negativity starts to bleed over into other parts of your life.

You have a good point, when I was a kid I was just meek, now that I’m grown, I dont have anyone to relate my experiences too. I honestly just feel very unlucky. If I am very self conscious, I would be self conscious to know I deserve most of my suffering

Attached: 1307564909001.jpg (410x621, 61K)

Very viable, kept me going for years but it became counterproductive as time went by i became a bitter asshole and started hating everything and everyone even me. Which made me very unhappy and when you are all alone you start wondering if it was really worth it

Fpbp

Hate is heavy burden to bear, it better bring some good gains imo

Depends on your personality desu, we all know different people get inspired by different shit

I get inspired by the people that I can't stand and want to be better than them in every way. It's more spite than hate if anything

I'm more of a 'disgust' person myself, than I am a 'hate' person. But I guess cold contempt and disgust are great motivators too. If you look at someone and feel total disgust then that will help motivate you to ensure you never end up like them. I guess I'm a really shitty person.

you will never make it

Hate is okay too feel but if you dwell on it you become very gay.

You should hate with stoic grace.
For example, name the Jew or the black, but don't scream kike/nigger in the street.

Even a hated enemy can be treated with a kind of respect.

>not wanting to build intrinsic motivation
never gonna make it, lad.
youtube.com/watch?v=NTxxX3cJ7Zs

I let the hate feed my tempered anger. That's the point of hate, is to let it dwell until you need it for explosive anger-lifting or pursuit of goals.

Attached: 1524201383940.jpg (953x1282, 110K)

just stop being a pussy
>too redpilled/mindfucked
its cringe and you know that

What if i hate myself? The anger will never settle until i die...

>yfw you will never be a grizzled human mortal clad in divine armor fighting big hulking demons in a secret war between heaven and hell

You are a hero. Keep up the good work.

Attached: 1515370094948.png (234x182, 42K)

Do it for Khorne.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

I started getting fit by running on hate, it works for a while, but once its burnt out you have to find something else to replace it with, by all means start that way but don't expect it to last, and don't look for more things to hate to continue to inspire you

>Tfw coming up on 6 years
I'm never gonna be able to have a healthy relationship again

How do you build discipline without motivation?

What if you hate no one more than yourself?

I agree that in the sense that getting really pissed during workouts does help me. I´m a friendly guy irl, but the second I get on the treadmill for my warmup until the last rep of my training I am constantly pissed at everything and everyone and I do think it helps.
E.G. I used to smoke until a year ago so when I started doing cardio I felt like dying, so I would just look out the window in front of me and imagine going berzerk on anybody I saw walking outside. Thoughts of rage and hate made me focus less on how much my lungs were trying to kill me.
And before I start my set I look around my gym because there is always something that pisses me off: People using a machine while texting, people clearly not giving it their all, people having a chat and being friendly, people using way too little weights, cardiobitches who pay 60 euros/month to go on a stationary bycicle...

I hate niggers so fucking much it motivates me to get stronger daily. On the day of the rope they aren't going to hoist themselves up so I figure I better get mighty strong to lend a hand

it is also worth mentioning that they were surveying 3,175 people and their exercise patterns, so I´d be careful about drawing conclusions from that anyways. A shitty website needed clicks so some intern who wishes he had a real job concucted a 10 sentence article, filled it up with pictures to make it seem longer and posted it. All that happened here.

This is obviously true, but the implication that the reasons are morally justified is pretty stupid

Self amusement is the ultimate male motivator, it takes a lot of red pilling though

You be the best because you want to see how much you can fuck the world and its perceptions. I'm autismo af so it's been a long time since I viewed the world 'humanly'.

Bitches are worse robots, game them and guage the same fucking reactions every time its a bore, an absolute bore that I have to traverse just to get that pussy

Zyzz is a great example (Though I believe it encapsulates hatred for women, which is natural state of affairs for an alpha)

Youre mentally ill btw

I know this feel. Its frustrating when you're trying to be a decent man and everyone around you is a spineless prick. I learned sometime after I graduated HS that you can't be nice all the time. Sometimes you gotta be a dick, its just a part of life. I'll never stop striving to understand what god wants from me or who / what god is. All I know is that god is there and every day I want to grow closer. Remembering my ancient heritage and trying to align myself and awaken / activate my most powerful genes is what drives me. So much has been hidden from us. We have been lied to our entire lives. All by some faggots who want all the good info for themselves and to keep the masses in the dark so they can stay in power. Even if it means making everyone sick, retarded, apathetic, etc. They don't care.

A lot of my motivation is put toward wanted to disillusion people from their bullshit. I don't believe fully in cuckstianity because it asks you to be nice all the time. That's simply not going to make the world a better place.

I am not ashamed of my anger or hatred. As long as it is aimed in the right place it's necessary.

Attached: 1460004127637.gif (382x222, 1.31M)

He's right in that discipline last longer but in order to develop discipline you need some motivation for the initial jolt to start for me the motivation was a combination of fear both of physical harm and ostracization a desire to stop hating myself and the hope of getting pussy that started my journey 3 years ago over time those things faded away now I lift bc it makes me feel better than when I don't lift it doesn't make all your problems go away but it does help you to feel better in the face of those problems

Me too, but only one year

ALL WOMEN WILL BE MINE, AND MINE ALONE.

Attached: Moustache_Bondissante_(manga).png (267x246, 80K)

Hate does nothing except cause personal gratification. Objectively being nice in mostly all situations average people face results in better outcomes for everybody. There’s a difference between being nice and being a pushover.