So is keto diet a meme or what?

So is keto diet a meme or what?
Sounds like ultimate biohack. Carbs are exactly what makes us fat

Attached: low-carb-guide-avoid-1-800x401.jpg (800x401, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/asM02Vu19hw
youtu.be/gnH-BfIdo_M
youtu.be/Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_Omq_FNBc&t=8s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Eating too many calories is what makes you fat you fuckwit.
>is keto a meme
You people are outrageous levels of stupid. There really are stupid questions.

yes keto is literally a meme diet designed for children with reoccurrent epilepsy. it works for fat loss but is terrible if lean

This video really made me think. But don't know how true it is
youtu.be/asM02Vu19hw
People on keto diets do not have to count calories so much as I understood. You're just not that hungry anymore

>People on keto diets do not have to count calories so much as I understood. You're just not that hungry anymore
You're free to believe what you want, but this is just retarded as fuck.

Keto is good for short term weight loss but is shit for everything else. People who advocate keto as an everyday diet are dyel. Same with fasting.

What exactly is wrong with it then? There is a bunch of ripped guys advertising it on youtube youtu.be/gnH-BfIdo_M

>Carbs are exactly what makes us fat
t. Brainlet.

Carbs don't make you fat, and neither does insulin. The vast majority of the fat stored on your body is from fat you've eaten, which is much easier stored as body fat than carbohydrates are stored as body fat, which need to go through the process of de novo lipogenesis.
Better than saying "carbs make you fat" is "fat can make you fat depending on the circumstances"... one of those circumstances of course being when it is paired with high carbohydrate foods, such that you burn the carbs (as your body preferntially will) and store the fat.
When eating low carb/keto, you will not have enough glucose to cover your needs and start using fatty acids/ketones to fuel much of your body instead, which is why less fat is stored on a low carb diet - but you can still get fat eating low carb or keto with enough food intake.
If you have good metabolic function you can burn off the fat and carbs you eat, but assuming you are already overweight, you don't have that metabolic function.

Fitting, btw, that the most fattening foods there have half of their calories from fat (imagine believing chocolate is a high carb food - it is a calorie dense food high in both fat and carbohydrates), or are alcoholic. There is nothing fattening about things like bread or pasta, but froms the spreads and sauces, etc, you eat with them. Likewise with soda, it is not fattening alone but paired with the junkfood you probably eat it with. And fat rich foods have a "second meal effect" so that even if you eat a genuinely low fat meal (not "low fat" as in 30% instead of 50% of your calories lol), much of the fat eaten at the last meal will only be released into your bloodstream with the next meal.

>If you have good metabolic function you can burn off the fat and carbs you eat, but assuming you are already overweight, you don't have that metabolic function.
Sorry, I should give better context to that sentence... I mean, in a diet which is not low fat nor low carb but with significant quantities of both.

Its really hard because even protein kicks you out of ketosis if you have enough. You basically have to sip oil. Just do IF OMAD.

>People on keto diets do not have to count calories so much as I understood. You're just not that hungry anymore.
They do if they stay at the diet long enough... counting so that they eat enough, and aren't undereating.

there is no magic weightloss, training or anything trick(except for exogonous hormones in high doses)

just eat less

I told you what is wrong with it. It’s good for short term only. If you care about athletic performance you stay away from it. It’s just another tool you can use at the right time and people who try to sell it to you as magic are delusional or prey on the fact that you don’t know what you are doing.

I did keto for 6 months and lost 30lbs but I also religiously tracked my intake and stayed at a calorie deficit. The only difference was that I felt satisfied and had consistent energy instead of feeling lethargic from blood sugar spikes and dips. It wasn’t the keto that made me lose weight, it was the calorie restriction, but doing keto helped me eat less and feel full longer.

Attached: 46371773-38E3-4D14-9065-23D77C9CDA5E.jpg (500x397, 72K)

God I hat this style of video, with the jingly-jangly background music and the hand drawing gimmick.

Science youtu.be/Dan8qtgQRi8

You just got to stay away from the dickholes on reddit who make those ridiculous keto recipes like erythritol oreo cheesecake. All the cunts on youtube with "keto hacks" giving a bunch of recipes for fat bombs. The worst are the bulletproof coffee people. Somehow adding 200 calories to your coffee is going to make you keto better or something. When you call them out on how retarded it is to add fats to stuff, they whine about how newcomers need fat! it makes them full!

Fuck off. Tell them to eat more eggs until they can't eat any more eggs. Not make fucking cakes with thousands of calories worth of coconut oil.

fat is supposed to replace the carbs so you need as much low-carbs low-protein fat as you can get.

Stress eating, bad fat composition, undereating of fiber and consuming carbs WITH fats simultaneuosly makes you fat.

Keto is a tool, nothing more. It's great for keeping insulin low, increasing endurance, mental clarity but it' hard to do properly - you have to eat a lot of fiber, not overeat tonn of protein in one sitting and watch your fat composition(less omega-6, more omega-3). It's also expensive as fuck and suboptimal without some periods of fasting.

Dude honestly, how can a diet be healthy that doesnt allow you to eat fruits. so stupid.

You can eat avocado and coconut oil

There's a bunch of ripped guys advocating for cross fit and Atkins but I don't see you stickin their dicks in your add now do i

Carbs isn't what makes us fat, too many calories is what makes us fat. Carbs just happen to be the most common source of calories in everyday world, but overeating on fats and protein will have a very similar effect.

true.

>Insulin low
??? Do you mean keeping blood sugar level low?

Keto doesn't necessarily keep your blood sugar low. Shawn Baker had high blood sugar after a year of eating a purely carnivorous diet.
And on the contrary, eating a high carb diet doesn't mean you necssarily will have high blood sugar, if you are insulin sensitive.

Candy is 70 whole numbers???!!?!?!

>even protein kicks you out of ketosis if you have enough
Wrong. Glucogenesis is demand driven, not supply driven.

From memory, on the website the picture is from it says the number is how many g of carbs on average there is per 100g of the food.

Sounds like you're just trying to rationalise not doing it. The only way you will know is by trying and your addiction to carbs is what is holding you back.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_Omq_FNBc&t=8s

Why dont you guys fast if you want to go into ketosis? Why eat unhealthy ammounts of fats just to get into ketosis?

If it's a meme then why I lost 41kg doing it

Wow i lost 50kg doing meth only, keto fags btfo

Sugar isn't coke bro.

Carbs are not an addiction lol.

You guys ever given it up? Consistently under 25grams per day.

Stay fat boys.

It's great for losing fat that's it. Get a defect going, stick to the diet to stay away from the worst stuff for you, then get off when done. It's bad for you after. You won't die but you'll never be full looking and you'll feel weak.

the weakness leaves over a about a month.

>The vast majority of the fat stored on your body is from fat you've eaten, which is much easier stored as body fat than carbohydrates are stored as body fat, which need to go through the process of de novo lipogenesis.

I want to point out that this is not entirely true; lipogenesis is extremely complicated and lipogenesis is actually rather efficient for both carbohydrates and lipids. Although it is true that free triglycerides and esterfied FFA increase in the serum after eating massive amounts of fat, so can eating massive amounts of carbohydrates excess acetyl-CoA undergo a faster forward reaction than beta-oxidation of fatty acids do, and immediately give off palmitic acid (the primary saturated fat found in adipose tissue). Because very low amounts of many other fatty acids (in particular many polyunsaturated fatty acids), it lends credence that not all fatty acids are stored in the same manner. So, the stored adipose is not derived from just dietary fat but from cumulative energy excess. The primary markers for this are VLDL and triglycerides in your blood. Unremarkably, both ketogenic diets and carb driven cuts have been shown to decrease VLDL and trigs.

I agree with the rest though, but I feel that it is worth to mentioning that ketogenic diets also improve insulin sensitivity significantly and improve brain fog as ketones tend to diffuse faster through the blood-brain barrier, but is seriously detrimental to resistance training, primarily volume. In general, if you are not malnourished in micronutrients and your endocrine function is normal, the primary driving force for fat loss is energy consumption. There are studies showing increased expression of genes responsible for thermogenesis when undergoing ketogenic diets, but this is an animal study, not human.

I do prefer ketogenic diets combined with OMAD personally as I anecdotally find that I have the best adherence to such a diet.

Post body.

for me, eating 0.6-7g of protein per lb, as little fat as possible (trace amounts from lean dairy etc - under 20 grams) and filling the rest with carbs is the best way of cutting / staying lean

I've done keto/carb cycling. Would not recommend to anyone.
1) Terrible workouts. For the first two weeks, I had the worst workouts in my entire life. Constantly out of energy - no strength. It got better after the second week, but I lost a lot of strength in the process.
2) The food sucks dick. Even food you expect to have low carbs has some carbs. Trying to keep everything below 30-50g really does limit your choice.
3) You will never make gains on keto/carb cycling. Furthermore, Keto only increases the amount of ketones in your body by 4x.

What you should do - Intermittent Fasting:
1) Workout out doesn't feel as bad. Of course it's better to work out before you start eating, but you won't feel as cancerous as during keto
2) Enjoy a much less restrictive diet when cutting. Enjoy actually not panicking about a few tiny grams of carbs.
3) You can still make gains. Oh, did I mention than in comparison to Keto's 4x ketone boost, IF gives you up to 20x the boost? Yeah, we have a clear winner here. Terry Crews does IF and he has an incredible body for a natty. When have you ever seen a jacked keto-dieter anyway?

Downsides to IF:
- Sweeteners can ruin your fast (No chewing gums/preworkout during fast)
- Usually requires consistent time-management
- You may find it difficult to endure hunger and then eat everything within the feeding window.

Yeah, I even tried zero carb. I can say that carbs give me a better mood and energy than a lack of carbs, though I did lose weight with very low carb.

Just because white sugar is a bad food doesn't mean carbs are bad, or than craving carbohydrates means you are addicted. People crave carbs because they are a valuable source of energy.

As for all the sweet, carby foods that fatties seem to crave, you'll find most of them have about half of their calories as fat (like chocolate, ice cream, fudge, doughnuts, pizza, chips, burgers, etc.) Maybe they are addicted to fat?

Or maybe calling a desire to consume a macronutrient an addiction is stupid, as is making no distinction between whole foods and junk foods.

>ketogenic diets also improve insulin sensitivity significantly
So do low fat high carb diets, and they actually need to deal with foods that spike insulin.

If you are bordeline autistic and need to lose alot of weight/effortless maintenance then keto is great. The science behind it is sound and the results speak for themselves. As with anything, especially on a mongolian basket weaving forum, you have to consider an anons conflict of interest when it comes to opinions. If they are bulking and eating a shitload of carbs and its working...oh wow guess what? Keto is dumb etc.

Just do it and find out for yourself. If you have goals and keto sounds like a way to accomplish them then you owe it to yourself to try. I don't miss carbs. I like eating fat and meat. Its cheaper than any diet I've ever been on. I like effortless weightloss.

Attached: 1398217465371.gif (900x720, 64K)

>high carb diet

HAHAHA have fun with diabetes

Attached: 1523793582968.jpg (727x727, 46K)

Hi carb diets don't cause diabetes lol. Insulin resistance does though.

Do you think these guys were on a keto diet for their entire lifting career? It takes years to get fucking swole, and i doubt that any of these people advocating for keto were on a legit keto diet from day one.

Attached: 1526760969741.jpg (640x595, 63K)