Finishing strength training soon need aesthetics focused routine

Hi Jow Forums

So my lifting career has been a pile of shit.

I did a brosplit from september 17 to february and since feb have been doing SL 5x5

Sadly i still look like shit though SL have really improved my lifts.

Once the 3 months of this plan are done i want to move to smth focused on aesthetics. How ever the problem is everything i find online requires an actual gym so the different lifts i can actually do are limited.

Can you point me to a good routine i can do which is aesthetics focused that only requires dumbells, a bench and squat rack?

I still look DYEL after almost 8 months of lifting with almost 0 aesthetic improvement.

Any advice? My reasons for lifting are 70% aesthetics and 30% strength and i am just worried/paranoid i am wasting my time id really appreciate real non meme advice.

Attached: 1520364427163-1.png (800x1016, 839K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fitnessworkouttips.com/how-to-do-a-burpee/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Train for strength and then do a load of volume on shit like curls, upper back and side delts

Idk why you idiots on this board think that you can only do one at a time

What's your diet like?

Not OP but I know nothing of aesthetics, are you saying more reps per set?

I'm saying squats/bench/deads etc are going to make you grow. But they're probably not going to give you the 'bodybuilder' look.

So add a load of sets and reps of curls, tricep stuff, pulldowns, lateral raises etc afterwards

whats your diet like? protein intake?

you actually look exactly the same to me in each of those pictures

how much is a load of volume?

for bench I can just about do 67.5kg for 5 reps 3 sets, then the next two will either be 4 reps or 3 reps depending.

Taking this into consideration, what weight should I use for volume work? is there a guide to use? like 70% of my max or 50% etc

Monday - friday
Breakfast
small brioche roll
Bagel with cream cheese
Coffee x 4

Lunch
Fried chicken + cheese + mayo + lettuce wrap
Protein bar (25g protien)
Protein shake with 2 scoops so like 40-50grams protein

then my lifting 5x5 routine

get home have dinner 1000/1500 calories of mommies home cooked meals could be anything from stir fry to steak and mushrooms etc proper good food, filling
Protein bar

Then bed and a fair amount of water through out the day, about 2 litres

On the weekends I either eat very little or too much (I always have 2 scoops of protein shake 7 days a week never miss it)

I do my 5x5 plan 3 sometimes 4 days a week

Like, every train day? Supposing im training 3 days a week.

I've gone from 70kg to about 82 last time I weighed myself most of its fat, my arms are a little bigger and very slight change in my legs and thats about it. No real gains aesthetics wise

I only have a home gym I.E squat rack barbell and a bench, which is why Im finding it hard to find a routine that I can do and get /aesthetic/ everything seems to be designed around a full gym with machines etc

>food seems okay
>routine seems okay
im at a loss to why you arent making progress visualy

Generally somewhere in the 60-80% range. More towards the bottom end of that on lighter movements.

I am OP and these are my posts, name fagging from now on for clarity

Attached: 1503701609665.png (936x1000, 225K)

so taking bench for example, do 5x5 for my 67.5KG and then say 3 sets of 10 on 55kg?

I remember about 2 weeks ago I did 10 sets of bench for my chest and couldnt move my arms in bed the next morning when I woke up lol.

I'm trying to lose weight at the moment hoping that a lower BF% will help me look a little more... "Buff" well to maximise what tiny little gains I have

There's loads you can do without machines. Just have to improvise. Grab a cheap band set and you can do even more

Your squat is awful and your other lifts are barely novice. This is why you don't look buff, you are weak. Continue training strength until you have at least intermediate level lifts

would symetric strength be a good idea of what intermediate lifts are?

No symmetric strength is shit, that’s why everyone here use it.

fitnessworkouttips.com/how-to-do-a-burpee/

I don't say this to measure dicks user, but your lifts are hella weak for your size compared to mine, and I'm a lot skinnier. What's your height/weight?
You should post some vids online for form checks. Maybe you're just not getting enough out of your lifts because of bad form?

hey man you said do lot of volume on curls and stuff. how many reps are we talking here?

No problem I'm looking for honest advice not for people to be nice otherwise I wont progress.

I weigh about 82kg and I'm 5"11 (not 100% sure)

Been lifting regularly since September 2017.
My bro who has been lifting for 5 or 6 years and who is pretty swole says my form is good, no rounding in the back for diddlys, back straight chest out knees outward for squats etc.

I'm not sure wtf I'm doing wrong

Attached: Me20thofMay18.png (871x914, 271K)

Honestly I'd ditch SL and up the volume for things. I bench less frequently than you do but I would double your volume for it and my chest grows as a result.

I don't have links to a specific programme as I just do my own stuff but something that helped me was increasing the volume, and eating more. Gotta grow muscle, if you cut down now you'd just look like a bag of bones!

>Coffee x 4
fucking americans

The thing is i have a bit of a gut the skinny fat kind and im tired kf having to hold it in all the time :O

Im irish

I feel ya man. It's really hard to lose appreciable fat and gain appreciable muscle. If you're gonna cut down to say having abs at your current strength - I'd worry about losing what you've developed so far!

Less weight, longer sets (8-12 for upper body, 10-20 for lower body), slower tempo (3 seconds concentric, 3 seconds eccentric, 1 second pause at both ends), shorter rest periods (30-60 seconds).
That's it, you can keep all the same exercises, just tweak the variables to favour hypertrophy gains instead of strength gains.

Who cares its curls, just get a good pump

Well lad your diet isn't great so you hardly expect to look great while on a bulk. Think you should start cutting?

do lot's of upper body volume and keep lowerbody volume to low heavy strength reps

What a fucking state.

Why is your chest so small? Have you been neglecting bench? Db bench, db flies, cable flies, db incline bench. Do these and you shall gain

Nothing, just being impatient man. Your progress is pretty typical for a 6 month lifter. Keep your food intake up and your sleep good, maybe add a little volume.

I think you just got some unrealistic expectations starting out with how quickly you'd get swole. Just keep at it and take some more time, you're still progressing on lifts so.

Im blue dadadidadada

Its probably the excersise I focus on most, my back and biceps grow easy enough but my chest seems destined to be a chestlet forever.

I've been lifting for 8 months tho, I know your prob refering to the pic originally posted but I'm not too much improve from march.

> I think you just got some unrealistic expectations starting out with how quickly you'd get swole.

I really hope this is it and im not missing some glaringly obvious thing.

I will add more volume i'll do my 5x5 as well as 3x10 for each excersise with 80% of my 5x5 weight. hopefully this helps

It is just unrealistic expectations, stick at the program, add extra volume after you get the big lifts in if you want but you need to be adding weight to the bar every time. Most people refer to the 1/2/3/4 standard on here because you should START looking like you lift at these although some people still look dyel. You are way way off these and think you should be buff.

that has put me at ease and is actually good to hear I have a constant fear that I havent progressed as much as I could have in x amount of time

3 months isn't enough time on SL. Do at least 6, get your numbers up, then focus volume.

ur not eating eonguh food ( i know this becuase u think ur mums dinner can be upto 1500 calories, lol no way kid), its why youve made pisspoor gains.

how fucking weak are you? I lifted what you are right now six weeks in and I started lower. get some test

unironically read the guide on Jow Forumsfitness, it will help you progress

You got some really nice leg gains and some decent arm gains, OP. Good job.
Looks like your back is your weak point. Hard to tell because you have to concentrate to flare your lats on that pose. If you develop your back your other lifts will skyrocket. Lots of rows and pulls. Also, eat more. Ignore the fags who are criticizing your numbers. Remember your only competitor is the you from last week.

How strong is your friend? Huge difference between having dangerous snap city form and good form. If it didn’t take 10+ sessions with coaching on eveylift to get 80% correct form odds are you don’t have good form. Also since you’re a natty the absolute only way for you to get big is and muscular is honestly just building strength. There’s a reason natty broaplitters only get so big and don’t improve even tho they’ve lifted for years.

Not OP but I have dumbbells, a bench, and a pull-up bar. What can I do for aesthetics?

lift

Do you have any symptoms of hypogonadism? You may not be eating enough fats and calories, in addition to carbs. I ask because your beginning stats are what my girlfriend was at. Heck she pulls 140kg and it's only been a year now of training (her squat is 70kg and her bench is 40kg).

I mean, I had a lot more progress in my first few months and I was 13 at the time. I think you may have a dietary/endocrinal issue that needs addressing. For real, count your macros/calories/micros and assess symptoms. If need be get blood tests. Jow Forums will laugh at this post but you'll thank me later if you find out it was diet/hypogonadnism/hypothyroidism (which can cause hypogonadism).

stop doing 5x5. not enough volume. Do the compounds for 3/4x8/10. Aim for 20 sets/week for a body part. Sometimes go higher like 30-40, sometimes go lower like 10-12. mix it up based on what muscle you want to develop the most.

Which ones?

Mate, 5 x 5 is plenty enough if he adds a little extra accessory work. At least at his level of lifts it is - he should focus on getting stronger for now, but more importantly find out what the reason is for slow progress e.g. hypogonadism/hypothyroidism or poor diet. The lackluster gains in that time frame suggests something is wrong. I've been training for 10 years, and even up until 3 years I could make much larger gains than that, but my diet was on point. I always trained strength training too and see pic related (it's me before and after 3 yrs vs 10 yrs). Also no I'm not natty now, but I was in the pics.

Attached: natty.png (808x644, 773K)

fucking hell OP you have the same lifts as me in a similar time-frame but I wouldn't dare post a pic asking what I can change in my routine when I've gotten so little out of my current routine. Unless you've been stalled at these weights for a while you just need to keep going.

Also do some OHP and chin-ups/lat pulldowns. the best compounds for aesthetics.

Fierce 5 comprehensive list
Google it
Has various routines to fit your schedule, it's well balanced, and has a good mobility routine to do alongside of it.
It's great for natty lifting

You're a liar. Fake natty faggot