100 BW squats = 1 km run

Time for some crazy Soviet sports science.

>Of the various forms of aerobic exercise, running is probably most popular. However, today walking, use of the stair climbers, rowers, stationary bikes, eliptical machines and other types of exercise equipment are giving running a serious challenge. One of the reasons for this is that running often leads to injuries of the support structures, especially of the foot, knee, hip and trunk. These problems usually occur in people who are approaching their late mid-years, approximately 40 to 60.

>The substitutes for running, however, are not always 100% safe. Many injuries still occur from people using stair climbers, rowers and stationary bicycles. Most of the injuries occur from improper technique in using the equipment, just as many running injuries occur from improper running technique. Very often participants in running or other methods of aerobic training do not have the physical abilities to do the extensive workouts that they perform. This too leads to additional injuries.

>One effective substitute for running and the other methods of aerobic training is to do squats. According to Eppa, 100 squats are equivalent (in terms of aerobic conditioning) to one kilometer of running. However, this does not mean you should begin with 100 squats. As in all activities, the increase in the number of squats executed should be very gradual.

tl;dr: 100 squats = 1 km of running, aerobic wise.

Anybody know that study? Anybody have some experience in this?

Attached: images.jpg (198x254, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

academic.oup.com/milmed/article/170/7/629/4578167
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3810/psm.2005.01.33
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Many people can't run with good form because of Posture issues . i have flat feet and even now still have to have insoles in . i fucked my knee from even light running and it took almost a year of Yoga to get it healthy again and i can squat no probems so i agree that for some people Squating and deadlifting is beter

Can you stop reposting this shit? It's basic physics.

Seems like BS that squatting could be the equivalent of running for aerobic training. Running is much harder on the heart / lungs than bodyweight squats will ever be.

100 squats in a row or 1 at a time?

100 at the same time. If you can't do that for metaphysical reasons then you can do one squat with 100x your bodyweight instead.

Kek

Flat feet suck. I ran a lot for a while and ended up injuring my knee. Still can't really endure too much impact without pain later on.

What kind of insoles are you using?

this

>What kind of insoles are you using?

Not too sure desu , just norman small ones i got from a phisio like 4 years ago but they have helped alot tho , you just need to wear them all the time and they do wonders . Yoga helps with flat feet too

So, 1000 squats to equal a 10k run? I'll take the run.

If a 100kg adult squats 300kg then 25 squats equal a 1km run i think. Does this mean that running 25 1km runs is equivalent to squatting 300kg?

Are you serious? Do the squats and come back and say that again.

no, this comparison compares the amount of weight you lift when you do a 1000 m run (because your body raises and lowers itself when walking/running) vs the amount of weight you lift when you do 100 squats

bodyweight squats if done correctly will slap your dick in the dirt.
Try doing 100 fast short squats.
You'll be toasted before you hit 40

Pancake foot, marathon runner here. Get superfeet greens.

This.

Tbh, I can kinda believe OP. I have done high rep BW squats in the past (up to 270 in one set) and was a passable runner even though I never ran per se. Better than nothing, in any case.

Instead of doing BW, what if you did weighted for 100rm? Kind of like doing 20RM. Still for cardio

so instead of 100 pushups, 100 situps, and a 10km run each day, I can do 1200 squats?

I believe it, squats get your blood pumping.

1100 squats:
>10 km = 1000
>+100 squats as per program

>100 reps
>cardio
How fat are you?

I think it's pure high reps for cardio. VERY high reps, not added load. You know, what people did at home before the "GYMBRAAAAH" scene existed.

Wasn't there this Jagr guy, who plays elite hockey at over 40 and whose secret is 1000 squats a day?

that was harder than I thought it would be

reps
>>cardio
>How fat are you?
Well since this thread is about how 100 BW squats = 1 km run, I was simply wondering how more weight would affect distance, musclegrowth, etc. Keeping coping, fatso

>I think it's pure high reps for cardio. VERY high reps, not added load. You know, what people did at home before the "GYMBRAAAAH" scene existed.
ok retard, jhahhaahahahahahaahahahahahahahah

>Wasn't there this Jagr guy, who plays elite hockey at over 40 and whose secret is 1000 squats a day?
Yes, and? Mike Tyson's program looked like this: 2000 sit-ups, 500-800 dips, 500 press-ups, 500 shrugs with a 30kg barbell, and 10 mins of neck exercises. your point being?

Attached: rsdtuy.jpg (1080x793, 98K)

Sounds like something Crossshitters would think up. Yeah, go ahead and do 4200 straight and say you are aerobicly fit to run a marathon. It's why Crossshitters are almost always shitty at distance races past 5k.

I have flat feet too and was thinking if I focused on walking on the outer parts of my feet all the time till it becomes a habit it would be fixed

Instead, just grab a tennis ball and hold it to the side you pronate the most for 3 minutes 3x during the day. Spread it out (e.g. morning, lunch, bed time). The pain from flatfooted people is not from the flat feet, but from flat feet people having a greater tendency to over pronate. In other words, it's another shitty form issue.

Alternatively, if you are too lazy to do this and correct your form, there are expensive stability shoes that can help you out. In that case, congrats for falling for the running shoe jews.

he is right you know

Nah. You're both kids.

>The pain from flatfooted people is not from the flat feet, but from flat feet people having a greater tendency to over pronate. In other words, it's another shitty form issue.
American education.

>brb doing a 12,000 1rm skwat

Attached: 1525738123321.webm (720x720, 685K)

The increased heart rate from continous squats does not translate very well to the aerobic endurance of running. If that were the case, I could cycle 200 miles a week without running and be perfectly able to run a marathon no problem. However, we know this is not the case. It's the same vice versa. A marathon runner does not make a person a perfect cyclist. It's why triathletes have to train diligently in all three of the disciplines. If they don't, their performance suffers for that event they did not do much training for.

Principle of Specificity. Again, cross-shitters thinking their shitty programs are applicable to every sport. It's why us triathletes laugh when a cross-shitter says the most they training specfic was a very short distance. They always fare poorly. The time I ran a marathon, there was a cross-shitter there running, saying he is proving you do not have to do more than 6 miles of running per week to run a marathon if you do crossfit. He was a DNFer that dropped out at mile 8.

>American education
Not an argument.

academic.oup.com/milmed/article/170/7/629/4578167
>Flat feet are not necessarily symptomatic, because the foot
adapts by changing the shape of the bones and by stretching the
ligaments. The structural changes that commonly accompany
flat feet, however, affect the normal biomechanics of the lower
limbs, causing excess pronation. Pronation is a normal part of
the gait cycle; however, people with flat feet tend to overpronate,
as part of the compensatory adaptation to this condition

htandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3810/psm.2005.01.33
>Runners who have flat -arched, hypermobile feet are predisposed to overpronation.

What an absolute fucking bellend.

I can tell you right now that that's bad news if you don't like to run because 1km of running does next to nothing for aerobic conditioning on its own. Minimum 20-25 minutes at 60-65% or higher heart-rate is generally needed before you see any physiological adaptions.

He said it's harder on the heart/lungs, not that it's flat out harder. And he's absolutely right.

They're honestly not really even that good at 5ks. You never see them place in age groups awards or anywhere near the actual front of the lead pack.

Lel btfo