Leg press

Is this the most faggot exercise in the gym? Some fat "powerlifter" manlet had like 12 plates on it the other day and was half repping it for 5 reps and in between walking to and from the water fountain. There were no plates left for anyone else doing actual workouts. I bet he thought that he's The Man just because he can put "da big wait XD" on the leg press even though it's a piss easy exercise and does nothing

Attached: leg-press-machine-500x500.jpg (500x500, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2JPn6gbKM&t=186s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just because someone you don't like does an exercise doesn't mean the exercise is bad. #NotAllLifts

Pretty much. It's only value is to people too weak to squat. Not even memeing.

I’ll never understand people who Leg press tons of plates

It’s funny because a 2 plate squat is equivalent to like a 6 plate leg press. Why not just put on four 20kg plates and squat and get all the benefits, instead of putting on twelve 20kg plates and getting half the benefits.

aint nothin but a peanut

It's literally for people with disabilities. Seeing a healthy adult male use it is pathetic. There are more than enough squat variations out there to choose from.

About a year ago I fucked up my back doing squats,not actually during the squatting movement, but after I finished my last set I kinda lost concentration while reracking and swing the bar about half meter down on right side. Couldn't fucking stand painlessly for about 4 months, now it's kinda okay, but it still fucking killing me if I do some movement which involve right knee getting to the chest or other way around..

Long story short, would love to do squats, can't, don't wanna chicken legs, so doing trap bar deads and legpres instead

one legged press is pretty good isolation move without hogging all the weights

I have to use leg press because I have an injury to my adductor muscle. Probably shouldn't even be using the leg press but I can't not train legs (still avoiding doctor but I've had the pain since last summer)

I constantly see people doing leg press to full extension. It scares me.

I use the leg press after squats. I have an L5 issue and my back cant take the volume my legs can, so right to superset leg press after my 5x5 squats.

Also fuck everyone else if they need plates. 90% of the faggots at my gym cant even do a 3 plate squat or a 2 plate bench... only like 5 out of the 100 or so regulars even dead lift.

90% of powerlifters don't, or rarely leg press.

this post=best post

Powerlifters don't leg press, lmfao.

*blocks your db access*

Attached: skelestands.jpg (654x368, 189K)

>one legged press is pretty good isolation move without hogging all the weights

this

>what are front squats

will someone please explain to my why bench press is totally fine as an exercise while leg press is ridiculed? i dont get it. its the same basic thing, your limbs (arms or legs) are pushing weight out away from your body. most people dont do weighted pushups, they do bench press. so why do weighted squats as the basic leg pushing exercise?

just seems kinda dumb. with leg press your body is pushing a set weight using a set force on a known object, with squats you have to factor in not only your body weight but your legs weight as well in order to find super accurate numbersfor leg muscles. wtf guys, why is one ok and not the other?

front squats hurt my back more than back squats at twice the weight.

maybe you should actually lift before you post an opinion on lifting.

i do it on deadlift days
it gives my lower back a rest while still hitting quads
and it's easy to superset calves with

>have to factor in not only your body weight but your legs weight
>using a set force on a known object
>tfw to smart not too squat dark matter

Attached: 1434969887844.png (255x216, 33K)

I do it to add volume after all my other leg shit is done. Right now I'm on 4x12-15 reps at 450. Helps to destroy legs without hogging all the plates. Also, my knees almost touch my chest when doing it. Hate those 10000lbs quarter reppers.
I've seen one guy load up around 1200lbs and the weight was moving so little he could have had the safety bars still on.

>4x12-15 reps at 450

lol you should be doing 4x30 1 legged with that baby weight

maybe
maybe not
maybe go fuck yourself

also, not all leg presses are the same.
in my last gym i could do 4*8-10 with 540 easily as my last exercise. 4*6-7 with 630
and next to that was a leg press that the chicks used cause you could add atleast 200lbs more than the one i was using and rep out the same amount

my current gym has ratty ass weigths, the leg press jams at a certain depth and i love it here cause most of the time im the only one here and it feels like a proper gym

>that "boxer" who skips rope in between arm isolations
>the skinny junkie who shadows boxes in front of the dunbell rack

Got a "boxer" kicked out cause I asked a girl I knew years to rat on the "boxer" skipping rope in front of the dumbells. She told the gym staff he whipped her with the ropes, they asked him to stop or leave, he got angry and abusive so lost his membership.

Attached: 1521712455711.jpg (198x254, 9K)

Oh shut the fuck up. 12 plates is using up all the plates. What kind of planet fitness tier shit gym do you lift at? Leg press is a good exercise if done at the proper depth. All these faggots 1 year into lifting squating lmao 2 plate complaining about other lifters need to fuck off back to r.eddit.

I use it after squats desu, stop judging me

My knees are fucked after using leg press. Can't do any leg workout without pain now.

they're both totally fine, the people ridiculing leg press are squat obsessed novice lifters who think they belong to a special club of hardcore lifters

leg press appears in Sheiko programming, Barbell Medicine programming (bridge 2.0 has it, hypertrophy bias program has it), and has been used by countless high level powerlifters because it's a great way to get additional quad volume without taxing the lower back

Will doing leg press help me if my right leg is weaker than the other one?

Delete this.

I use pic related for 3-4 hypertrophy sets (15-20 reps) after diddlys or squats, bretty good

Attached: legpress_selection-med_hero.jpg (1000x1000, 103K)

Scooby likes them.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2JPn6gbKM&t=186s

Attached: IMG_2667.jpg (300x168, 21K)

High rep leg press after squats is a phenomenal accessory exercise in a hypertrophy phase. Can recommend.

>half of thread are people telling of injuries
>other half are bro tier idiots
...if that doesn't tell you something.

I'm training for close to 8 years now. I've seen tons of people come and go. I've seen all the 'heroes' pushing insane weights on squats AND on leg press. Today, none of them are around anymore. I explicitly remember a group of Russian guys who would always wear knee supporters and throw ridiculous weights on the leg press, until one day I heard one of them had an accident and won't come to the gym for a long time. That was the last time I saw them.

I'm doing my reps on the leg press with 100 to 160 kg and my legs feel great and look better than any squat ape. Most importantly I do them correctly, slow and clean. Pretty much nobody I've ever seen does their reps clean and this is why they're fucked up and I'm not.