How do I fulfill 1g protein/pound?

How do I fulfill 1g protein/pound?

Attached: Clint-Eastwood-i-Gran-Torino.jpg (1000x500, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/calpro.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=ln7Wm1vXw2A
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honestly, don't worry about counting it that much, just at every meal eat as much chicken breast and tuna as you can stomach and you'll get what you need.

Seriously don't overthink it, just eat the hell out of protein that comes from /functioning animal muscle/ and you too will have what it takes to build /functioning mammalian muscle./

It shouldn't be rocket science and it should not require math, just eat muscles to get muscles.

ask your mum

stop being a retard?
2 lbs. ground beef/steak
2 24 oz. glasses of milk
now was that so hard twink?

weigh less
whey more

My BW is 165lb.

I eat 3 eggs everyday, that's 18g. Add a glass of milk to that - 26g.

fuck

You do have preoteins in the rest of what you're eating.

do you literally not eat anything else during the day

Everything else I eat is a meme though

use myfitnesspal to track your calories for a day and see how you do, it's genuinely not that much of a hassle (I've got a 400+ day streak). it also tracks macros which should be useful for you in this case.

stuff like bread, rice, pasta has inconsequential amounts of protein in it for example

>stuff like bread, rice, pasta has inconsequential amounts of protein in it for example
well shit

Eggs are not the way to go. Eggs are GREAT from a nutrition standpoint, but you have to eat about 25-30 of them every day...

>Everything else I eat is a meme though
what does this even mean you fucking retard

You don't need 1g per pound, only 0.8g.

Attached: protein graph.png (420x301, 32K)

get like 500grams of meat and like half a liter of milk add some eggs and youre prety much done for the day

It means everything else doesn't have significant amounts of protein in it
my parents won't buy that for me.
It's not about what I need, it's about what I want.

Do you idiots not know what food is?

Activity - Grams of protein per pounds of bodyweight

No activity / Basic function - 0.5 - 0.7
Minimum regular exercise - 0.8 - 1.0
Rigorous exercise - 1.0 - 1.5

Eggs are 1g fat: 1g protein.

Chicken breast and tuna in water, on the other hand, are nearly all protein.

What else do you eat other than those things? Surely your stomach capacity can't be that small, surely you don't eat that little.

Stop giving advice

>my parents won't buy that for me.
thats literally the cheapest meal you can get just get some chicken breast then add some beans and some veggies and youre done

the way you talk man
I fucking hate you

What's wrong with it?
I'm poor and grains are cheaper

I'm sorry but how is this a problem for someone? Drink protein powders, eat some sort of meals with meat, straight up chicken, make tortillas with ground meat and chicken, tuna, fish, eat peanuts? Or prehaps you cannot afford food?

If your parents buy your food, then you're stuck with whatever protein sources they give you. If they give you lots of carbs, then run/bike/swim instead of lifting weights.

it's gonna suck if you're tall.

I'm 192cm/87kg (6'3-6'4 and 190lbs) but I'm still skinny. how am I supposed to rack up nearly 200 grams of protein?

It's not fucking necessary unless you are a very big roid monkey. 0.7 per lb should do it

1. Stop eating meat. The trade off is not worth it.

2. Eat beans, lentils, quinoua, and rice

3. Develop a ridiculous bf% as a side effect and look fuckibg shredded year round

Uhhhh i think you dont know what rice is or y9uve read the label wrong

>Eat beans
Lauded as the most protein rich green that you can eat.
4g of protein per 100g.
Not even 25% of meat based sources.
I'll pass.

>The trade off
what's that?

Make sure you're eating 1lb of chicken breast per day. It's easy after that

Attached: chicken breast nutrition.jpg (591x120, 20K)

Iron overdosing isn't that good for the liver, for one.
Fish is iron-less, though.

Attached: 5 dozen eggs.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

Based on me weighing 180 pounds:
No activity / Basic function - 15 - 21 eggs
Minimum regular exercise - 24 - 30 eggs
Rigorous exercise - 30 - 45 eggs

You don't need that much protein

1g/lb x 165 lb = 165g

I'm eating 2g/kg because of someone here... Am I wrong as fuck?

.../pound of muscle/organ mass

Eat some beans, peanuts, have a steak. Easy.

Eat chicken retard. I ate like 730 grams in one sitting yesterday (with rice and salsa) and im 145lbs. Then like 1 serving of peanut butter before bed. Wow that was tuff

Chicken and rice, nigger. 1 lb of chicken breast will net you well over 100g of protein. You can eat a pound of meat throughout a day easily. With the 26g from breakfast, the 3g per serving with rice, you'll be set

1 chicken breast weighs 113g. chicken breast is 20g/100g, so 1 chicken breast will contain 22,6 grams of protein - not "over 100g of protein".

>Stop eating meat
Fuck off.

>reading comprehension

> cut carbs to a minimum
> replace it with beef/pork/red meat
that's it
choose fat cuts so you get it cheap and feeling

as a bonus, you get lots of creatine/l-carnitine/carnosine/coq10

not if youre around 70-80 kgs

(Based on 180lb guy: )
No activity / Basic function - 4 - 5,6 breasts
Minimum regular exercise - 6 - 8 breasts
Rigorous exercise - 8 - 12 breasts

it's 0.5 to 1 g protein per LEAN body mass. You think a 300 pound fatty should be consuming 300 grams of protein a day?

>muh feelings

Grow as a person and then try again.

not that guy but i see what he meant. you've a whiny and demanding attitude about you

You make no sense. Maybe you confused me for a vegan.

>asking questions is whiny and demanding
why?

You have to eat all the eggs.

Actually, that's what I just did: Made an omelette out of the remaining six eggs and ate them while replying to this thread.

The graph uses kilograms, not pounds. 1 kg = 2.2 pounds, thus 1.8 g per kg is 0.8 g per pound.

By not being a fucking twink. I have trouble keeping my protein intake below 300g a day. I don't even use protein powder. It all comes from food.

I didn't use the graph at all. These are calculations based off some random internet site which I can't find again.
I also found THIS site, which had a neat online calculator, so see for yourselves:
bodybuilding.com/fun/calpro.htm

You should be calculating by LBM not your weight you fat retard.

shut the fuck up

How many TV dinners with every meal?

Manlet twink detected. An adult male is at least 6 feet tall and weighs at least 200 pounds. You are a child and nobody will ever take you seriously.

That's because you assume that all pieces of meat contain 100% protein, which they don't. They contain - on average - only 20% protein.

What's the other 80% dipshit?

You're assuming that guy is only eating 300 g of meat total per day? Lmao what are you fucking stupid? 300 g of meat (not protein) is a fucking mid-morning snack

Dicks.

(You didn't ask nicely.)

Even jerky is 50% protein tops.

He said protein intake - not meat intake.
A 300g protein intake, would equal 13 chicken breasts.

By shoving it in your cakehole. The fuck do you think? EAT, bitch. High protein diet supplemented with shakes.

...and that would be "a snack" only if your name was Kali Muscle, if you by "snack" mean "your entire daily consumption".

Attached: KaliMah.jpg (409x535, 79K)

protein consumption is a meme

I hit 1/2/3/4 after 8 months of lifting at 170 lb bw and was consuming on average 80-100g a day

It's all genetics, anyway

(It's actually water, with a small percentage of fat.
...but mostly dicks.)

I know. I'm saying that a 300 g protein intake (which is actually something like 8.1 chicken breasts, if you don't buy super small ones) is not that big of a deal to eat.
"no"
Quit being a manlet twink

>only 0.8g.
Where does that say so on that graph??

I got the percentage of Google's default protein calculator, but since I've seen pages give much higher values for chicken, maybe that calculator is off. It wouldn't be the first time it was.

Chicken breast. It is pretty much 100% protein.

If you're bulking use peanut butter too.

Sure. Whatever. It's 100% protein and it comes straight out of a hen's ass in little dry protein cubes. Whatever. Don't read the thread or anything.

You must be talking about egg whites right? Otherwise your arteries are a timer bomb

Are you so high you can't even google?

Attached: Screenshot_20180520-203105.jpg (1080x1920, 229K)

No, my arteries are just fine. I wouldn't recommend eating TWENTY yolks, though. Even if it's healthy fat that helps keep down cholesterol, there's such a thing as too much of a good thing.

1g per pound is overkill IMO. I'm around 165 lbs too and I aim for 130-140 g daily.
Let's see:
>2 breadrolls with ham and cheese - 50 g of protein
>cereal with 300 ml of whole milk - about 15 g of protein
>a small 120g pack of superior KABANOS sausage which costs me about $1.5 in Poland - 30g
>1 banana 5 g
>100 g of pork chop aka SCHABOWY - 30 g

Will Slavlets ever learn?

Attached: 1526218891383.png (300x250, 45K)

I found it hard to Google beans specifically, for some reason, so I'm not surprised I got it wrong.

that's too few calories though so when I eat like this I usually end up taking even more protein

Attached: you.jpg (211x239, 5K)

Isn't it 1g of protein for pound of lean body mass? So it wouldn't be 200g for you

Fat from all that pork gives enough

i weight 220 pds, and im gaining because at 6'9" I look like a twink with this bodyweight. I do atleast a gallon of milk, a protein shake (32g per scoop) with milk. Eggs and hash for breakfast, then eat a tenderloin for a snack before dinner. this shit isnt hard guys, just open your damn mouths

nope what I listed would be only about 2000 calories

According to the Bodybuilding.com calculator, that's the amount of protein you eat if you only halfass your exercise, and don't want any results. ...so if you're making gains, it's a miracle.

You only need 0.7, go for 0.75 to be sure.

Post source where you got that figure from, because most sources claim AT LEAST 0.8 grams - MORE so if you're looking to lose fat.

youtube.com/watch?v=ln7Wm1vXw2A

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1521855301705.jpg (221x250, 8K)

>stuff like bread, rice, pasta has inconsequential amounts of protein in it for example
No.
You should count this protein too, even if it's "inconsequential" at the end of the day it's still a decent amount of protein.
100g of pasta = 11g
4 slices of white bread = 12.6g
40g oatmeal = 5.3g

That's 29g of protein.

Woah dude. Chexk your feelings at the door

>bayesianbodybuilding
>no prior anything

>breadrolls

Eat whatcha can and don't worry about it!

Underrated

user 100g of oatmeal has about 8g of protein combine that with 100g of chicken and you got almost 30g per meal.

You don't need that much

It's 1g per kg