Overheadpress

today i saw a guy at the bench press staring at me when I was overheadpressing 85kgx2 with strict form while he was 80kg singles at the bench.

Attached: hidad.png (1320x965, 383K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-d_GVt5de4A
youtube.com/watch?v=vP3FcCMlL7w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did you fuck him in the pool?

>tfw can only overhead press 30kg and bench 50 for reps
Kill me.

He was mirin. Maybe you were inspiration to him.
You should feel good.
t. dyel

i OHP 50kgs/110lbs 5x5
is that good?

16 lbs/73 kgs weight

what are some other lifts that will help me with ohp besides dips?

161lbs

Keep pushing I believe in you bro

Attached: B41F0268-01CC-4CA2-BF5A-B1B4C2C11247.gif (500x281, 1.66M)

OHP is hard as fuck bro, just stick with it.

Why not just do some volume OHP to help your OHP?

I've noticed OHP gains since I decided to start using a rest day to just smash out 5x12 OHP with about 15kg off.

bench
lateral raises

good weight OP
i've only gotten 82.5kg OHP for one rep max you are stronk

He was probably wondering why you were bent over 90 degrees trying to lift more weight on OHP

>same as me on both

It’s normal user 5”6 Manlet here I hope you are the same

dumbbell OHP
not trolling

is 15kg dumbells the same as 30kg with bar or do you get more with bar?

42.5 kg OHP and 72.5 kg bench for 5x5
This guy is right, I was able to do only 1 set of 5 per workout of each with those weights but several weeks of high volume fuckery helped me increase the number of sets.

post body or you're bullshitting.

>work in with a guy squatting 50kg
>load up 100kg and push press it x2

felt a little bad, but my gym only has one rack

Guys need some advice. How to get a stronger ohp fast. Like 100 kg

OHP 36 kg 3x8, bench 70 kg 3x8

It's not about the weight user, it's about going home from the gym with muscles sore from the workout. This is your goal and your only measure against yourself. Each day you maintain this discipline you develop and grow. I'm blasting tren right now but I view all hard workers in the gym as my comrades. We are all here improving and perfecting our bodies through devotion. It makes me so happy to see little dyel 16 year olds dropped off by their mom, 75 year old men struggling with baby weights, and even fatties struggling to breath on the stair machine. Each step forward is a noble step. Fitness is my passion and I love to watch others join in. Unless you're at a competitive lifting competition the only person you are competing with is your past and future self.

>smash out 5x12
I'm mirin bro, my volume days are 4x8

you will never in your entire life ohp 100kg

My least favorite lift. Probably because I'm only about a month into lifting regularly, but it is getting easier to do these at least.

this

Don't be overly concerned. I started benching at 65, and I'm up to 75 now. I can BARELY finish 5 sets of 10, but I can already see I've dropped some fat over the last month. Progress!

What's the natty limit on OHP? 80kg?

I was curious too

one plate is intermediate so 60kg is a good goal f@m

>push press
You should feel bad about wasting his time.

Are you pressing with the bar or dumbbells? In my experience, I've got better progress pressing with the latter.

Inject hormones like hgh or testosterone directly into your muscle tissue

I don't see whats so difficult about OHP for most people

I lift since febuary, was a 250lbs couch potato before, no sports whatsoever and my OHP is 65kg right now

squat is shit though

I bench 90kg for reps and 55kg OHP for reps, my two favorite lifts.

Shame on me, I fucked up my back with bad form DLs. Always start lifting with my legs until theyre stiff and THEN go upright with my back, I guess I am fucking retarded with that shit.

because ur a fat fuck lmao ofc u can lift more weight

I said I was 250lb
im now 175

you lost 75lbs in 3 months?

no, I started losing weight a while before

I started lifting at around 200lbs

100kg OHP is fucking impossible

Face pulls.

>getting mogged by a dyel hideo kojima
youtube.com/watch?v=-d_GVt5de4A

How to improve my overhead press bois?
As of yesterday, I can 5x5 60kg and my 1RM is 70kg (strict). I wish to do 100kg one day, is there some sort of specialization routine I could use maybe?

Help a bro out guys, overhead press is the one exercise I want to get better at the most

try either deloading or heavy pushpress negatives

That's nice, man

Can Ohp 55kg 5x5 but bench is 67.5kg. isn't my Ohp a lot better than bench?

Today I were doing cable crunches on half of the cable crossover station. Then a dude started doing kneeling pushdowns on the other half

Attached: braaap.png (879x366, 423K)

I don't see the problem if you're a beginner. You just keep going...

Its not that hard, my ohp has gone from 40ish kg for 5x5 to 70kg 5x5 since i started lifting at the beggining of this year. Just do progressive overload and you will be ohping 100 kg in less than a year.

dumbbells are easier.

Attached: 91584D2F-6240-4DCE-B2FE-8366EE6CFB19.jpg (767x518, 86K)

Love you, man

Attached: IMG_0946.png (300x366, 218K)

So I’ve started doing OHP standing, used to just do dumbbells or those premade barbell things while seated.

Anyway, I always feel when I OHP standing I swing/sway too much because my literal head is in the way, or should I lean back? Feel like that’s a ticket to snap city, I really like the exercise just not sure if I’m hitting it right, thoughts?

You must lean back to let the bar pass, but keep your body tight and dont lean too much.

k

youtube.com/watch?v=vP3FcCMlL7w
Some good tips in here

I finally got 1 pl8 by adding in dumbbell seated shoulder press, dumbbell lateral raises, and incline bench.

OHP for sets of 12 is pure suffering.

My max ohp is 55, strict, no leg drive, no rediculus back arch, max bench is 65, it's not proportional right? I train my bench more than ohp too, what could be wrong with my body?

I like you, user.

I've also hit around 55kg OHP but only 70kg bench.

I've noticed that I have a HUGE gap between my pecs; its led me to wonder if my pec muscles are just actually smaller than most guys, because honestly I struggle on 70 still while some people barely bigger than me blast like 2pl8

I only OHP 35kg for reps, I bench 75 for reps.

Bench should usually be higher as chest is a bigger muscle than delts. That said for me my ohp is about even with bench as I have bad ear canals so I get dizzy when lying down flat vs standing straight for ohp. So my bench suffers.

>He doesn't power clean the barbell in order to OHP it.

Only gear you need is a barbell and weights.

Lmao i have to this cuz i dont have other option

kek

Incline bench is GOAT

Push-ups, pull-ups, and chin-ups.

Attached: 4634289C-0494-41D0-939F-CF97574126E9.jpg (524x348, 28K)

i push press around that and my strict press is 82.5 kg

I'm this guy and you might be onto something. I also have a gap in my pecs like they are not joined

I see some people OHP with legs open behind/front as opposed to adjacent in OPs pic. Is there a reason for one vs the other?

> Unless you're at a competitive lifting competition the only person you are competing with is your past and future self.
Gold

I stagger my legs just for better balance. It doesn't appear to give any cheat benefits as long as you don't use your knees/back.

its really not THAT hard

I press 91kg and I have twig arms

Answer to me when you hit100

I mean I guess I'll be talking to you in less than a year lol

Last summer I only pressed 71kg

bulked from 85kg to 94 and now I press 91 lol

I really needed upper body mass

Post pec pic

Same brah. My bench is only 45kg but is still steadily going up and is a fun lift. OHP is a fucking nightmare every time I have to do it.

Attached: 1526842241387.jpg (906x936, 849K)

why are you all so fucking weak?

>do presses
>only go down to chin level on way down before pushing again so I can push heavy weight
>still see shoulders grow

fuck your strict form

Flex your glutes.

I've never seen anyone ohp in my gym, the closest I have seen is a 1/3 rom seated press in the smith machine

woah thats so weird haha, post your pecs ha

do you progress 5 lbs or 2.5?

Are u me...

>being 250lbs and bragging about that OHP

kek i'm at 187lb manlet and here's my OHPing 225
i've managed to hit 235 since this pic but 240 is actually fucking impossible

and I forgot the pic of course

Attached: the manlet.jpg (637x843, 131K)

Are you counting the bar when you say your OHP weights?

How often do you press? What accessories do you use to bring up your press?

This faggot forgot to take his trip off while shitposting.

I do a PPL program, OHP on push so 2x a week

you can literally progress on anything by applying progressive overload to it due to hypertrophy
in other words, just do what you want to progress on more

tfw shoulders got hurt in a car accident and can't OHP for shit
I'm pretty sure my muscle growth is fucked up. Sometimes when I do an OHP I can feel a singular string of muscle in my left arm getting stretched. It feels fucking weird, I had one in my back too. Felt like a string connected to my top left shoulder and ran through to my mid right back. Did a deadlift and felt it 'snap' but it only happened once that time and went away

everyone does

how much time have you been lifting?

I do 2x32.5kg OHDP as my shoulders pop doing OHP with a bar. Does that count as 1pl8?

Attached: IMG_2668.jpg (1256x800, 54K)

flex your glutes, tighten your abs, your head should be raised slightly to allow the bar to travel in a straightforward path to the ceiling, and you should lean back just A LITTLE BIT if needed, never arch your back.

yes, you always count the bar when saying your weight.

Overhead presses are best for overhead presses. Otherwise, in order of effectiveness.

Snatch (behind the head) press.
Dumbell press.
Incline press.
Bench press.

If you are like every other kid who claims they OHP "x for reps" then do the push press as most people never rep full ROM (they don't bring it back to "rack" on the chest/delts)

No. Firstly you can lift more with a bar than dumbells, secondly, if you don't lift it, it doesn't count.

Is it a 54kg for 3 reps OHP with a 70 kg for 5 Incline Bench good for a ~68 kg young male?