Are push ups just a meme?

Are push ups just a meme?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1728x972, 142K)

No, it trains the SERRATUS

no, if have no weights its the best exercise to do

youtube search "100 push ups a day" and you will get 100's of guys with visible gains

I think if you can 100 pushups in a row with good form and no rest, your chest will look good.

If they don't work why are prisoners so huge without any weights

the most basic way to train pushing strength by changing leverages and with weight it can be even better than bench for chest hypertrophy

meme challenge for guys that were already lean and are in good lighting, wont do shit after the first 15 days

prisons have gyms idiot

get the form right, take your time and they're great.

almost every normie flares their elbows or let's their body sag.

Gives you a more athletic physique than bench due to stabilizers and core activation

Most of them don’t so they use calisthenics. For loaded exercises they squat or push up other inmates. Also they use steroids.

>almost every normie flares their elbows
Absolutely okay, noob. T-shape isn't, though.

Anyway, GOAT exercise.

>T-shape
that's what i mean

Nobody except complete spazzes does that, though.

As I recall, the research shows that muscles scale with total work done. However, low rep / higher weight has a very small advantage over high rep / lower weight. Many reps of push ups should be viable.

>46094102
>high volume = better hypertrophy
thanks user

Decline push-ups hit my upper chest like nothing else

It's a good exercise for beginners.
For advanced bros it's basically cardio.

this is a push up thread. rolling.

No it's not. Anyways pushups are legit. Gives a great pump.

Is there not discussion of push ups going on in the thread? Would discussion of push ups in a thread mean the thread be a push up thread, in that "push up" being used to describe the content of the thread?

Holyshitfuckingthis
I tried DPU yesterday and it left my upper chest sore as fuck

They're not a meme, if you do 100 pushups with good form at 100kg bodyweight in a row with no rest you are gonna be massive.
To this day I have only seen one person do this, and he is kali muscle, he did 109 consecutive pushups with no rest and without cheating except for the last 5 reps or so.

I don't get the hate for calisthenics.

A very basic but consistent calisthenics strength routine has put a lot of muscle on me quite quickly.

It's just stupid blaha barbell dogma, they think barbell exercises are magical for no reason, and that heavy weight low reps is better for growth than lower resistance and high reps, despite the fact that regardless of how light the resistance is, as long as you reach muscular failure you are stimulating growth.

It's probably because people meme them as being more effective or more practical strength oriented, or something like that.

no. do them until failure and youll see muscle growth and good endurance adaptation. smaller strength gain though comparing to high load low rep bp but still youll get somewhat stronger

How can they get steroids? Srs

same way they get drugs and phones

it's incredibly easy to smuggle shit into american prisons

my dad is basically addicted to weed and my mom smuggled him in weed all the time

>addicted to weed
ishiggydiggy

Anyone else really fit and muscular but suck at doing pushups? I can barely do 15 before I feel like I'm going to die

I have back problems, have had them since I was a small child, and I’ve never been able to do them.

Attached: A69BEB97-24ED-44CA-8766-5E088879B850.jpg (700x525, 53K)