Sup Jow Forums

Sup Jow Forums

What's your opinion on the keto diet?

I'm trying to eat better but is keto the way to go if I want to burn fat but retain/grow muscle?

Attached: tmp_18978-Ketogenic-Macros1930770903087828667.png (500x480, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16685046/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fantastic for weight loss, that is about it. Unrealistic long term and not the most ideal for muscle gain.

It's not good if you want to get serious about the gym. It's really good if you want to lose weight fast while sitting in your computer chair. You also gain about 10 lbs back instantly as soon as you stop. I don't know anyone that has kept it up for very long.

just fast my dude

I guess I should explain about myself. Currently 198 lbs, 6 foot 1, medium frame, and I gym about three times a week.

I done decent gains but I feel my current weight should be less, and gaining a bit more muscle. I'm not looking to be the buffest dude, but a good looking body dude.

I'm bad at eating, and I thought keto is the way to go. So.. is it?

The whole "fat must be 70% or it's not keto" meme is retarded. You will enter ketosis if you keep your daily net carbs below 30 grams. You can eat high protein without disrupting ketosis. A high protein, moderate fat, very low carb diet is GOAT for losing fat mass while maintaining muscle. Ignore morons claiming "too much protein kicks u out of keytowsis."

Try it for a while man. See if you like it. Just make sure you read about it and get those extra electrolytes so you don't experience side effects.

It’s a meme
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16685046/

If this was really the fat loss miracle solution, pro bodybuilders would have done it decades ago

Literally just eat less you niggers.

why eat less when you can just eat nothing

Cutting more than 500 of your daily calories will result in drastic muscle loss.
Look how nick strenght & power ended up for is natty bb show, he was so obsessed by fat loss that he was on 1000 calories a day for his last month.
Slow and steady wins the race

Hardly any difference in muscle loss.

I will be doing a 2000 calorie intake with 155 grams of protein a day.
This should be good for the mean time right?

Using keto, I'll be doing 30 grams of carbs a day

Too much protein.

...for keto. Protein metabolizes to glucose.

I've lost more weight on keto than any other diet.
>DESU I just removed bread, sugar drinks, caffeine from my diet as well as eating less meats and only eating once a day

I feel amazing. I've gone from 280 to 190 in 6 months on keto.

Attached: KetoFast.png (531x318, 156K)

It would be the same if you simply counted your calories.

I get back, knee and ankle pain whenever I have sugar or carbs. I can count the calories but the QoL from not eating much carbs / sugar as benefited my life.

Go to a doctor.

A doctor put me on this fucking diet. REEE

dumb meme diet.

IF THAT'S EASIER FOR HIM THE LET THE MAN DO HIS THING FUCKER

>do keto a while back
>fail a couple times a few days in
>eventually manage to keep it up for a few weeks
>weight absolutely melts off
>"hey man wanna go to burger king?"
>"let's get a beer"
>"split a pizza?"
>regain it all
>plus a little
>back on it now

About to finish day three. Had a huge pile of bacon and eggs this morning and I've discovered the absolute joy of unsweetened iced tea. Dinner was a pile of beef. I've felt exhausted all day.

As an aside. I've read about cauliflower pizza crust being great for keto but the crusts they sell at the store have 26 grams of carbs. What the fuck?

Have this

Attached: tmp_24002-received_102099411971213831693463455711270430.jpg (636x4096, 254K)

Does Keto help for ADHD ?

Attached: tmp_5011-received_102099411960813573123265962780409282.jpg (474x1805, 156K)

In my experience...No

Does it boost testosterone ? estrogen ?

Keto = atkins in science jargon = unsustainable fad diet. Give it a try for 6 months or so. You'll see. You might think you feel mentally better and are losing weight but you'll put it right back on and realize it's unsustainable and that you feel like a sloth. It's popular now and many will do it for a few months. It's becoming mainstream and in 5 years it'll be gone.. At least in pop form. (Ketosis will always be a thing.) Que rage from those who think it's a "lifestyle" not a fad because they've done it a week. Good luck! I speak from experience. Wish I didn't.

>regain it all
Combine this with time restricted feeding when you're at your goal weight. Eat one meal a day or within a small eating window to minimize the damage of getting out of ketosis.
>cauliflower pizza crust
Meh, I don't bother with immitation shit like that.

if your weekly calories are still sufficient, yeah, but i doubt most people will get enough calories with one meal every 2 days

Fast

???
I'm at 40kg down in 6 months doing keto
And cheated alot, but I never get 10lbs instantly
Stop spreading lies

I made it through the keto flu, am in ketosis as per the test strips, and have my cals and macros in check. It's okay. I'll keep it up for a bit longer just to check out what else happens, but honestly...CICO. My strength was dropping dramatically, so I upped my calories, but now I'm losing definition. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but so far it hasn't been any better than when I was only doing IF