I'm going to join a martial arts class but haven't decided what martial art yet i just know i would prefer something...

I'm going to join a martial arts class but haven't decided what martial art yet i just know i would prefer something that involves actual fighting and not only grapling
Any suggestions for a beginer?

Attached: 1476188787379.gif (350x263, 54K)

Bartitsu.
Fight like a gentleman.

Attached: b.jpg (503x690, 159K)

The jew one

thai boxing

Boxing

Boxing, muay thai, bjj, judo or wrestling.

There's other legit styles but odds are they aren't around you.

I believe you mean jew-jitsu

Is world oyama any good?

Ju jitzu is the most useful one. Boxing is 2nd then all the others

Try krav maga, it's got everything covered from ground to stand up fight to dealing with weapons and was built from harsh experience unlike meme fighting styles.

start with judo

manipulating your opponents position using his own force is one of the most valuable skills you can have in a fight

kickboxing, muay thai, boxing, or another striking art next

then bjj or whatever the hell else you want afterwards

why specifically those two?

>actual fighting
>no grappling

First, go to your local bjj gym and get btfo.
Second, take bjj and muay thai.

Attached: 938275987.png (624x626, 586K)

People won't say krav maga because this is Jow Forums and we all hate jews.

But you should do krav maga.

i said not only grapling i don't mind learning grapling and i know it's effective but i want to be able to throw a punch

>falling for the krabby magoo meme
Good goy

>Too poor and stupid to live in an area that has more than just mcdojos

Never gonna make it

>kicking nuts and poking eyes: the martial art
Your """martial art""" is trash because you don't do nearly enough sparring to truly test its effectiveness. And guess what, when I throw you or sweep you, I can poke you in the eyes too from Mount while you lay defenseless

>Doesn't know that basis of krav is boxing and greco-roman wrestling
>Doesn't know that modern influences include judo and muay thai
>Doesn't know how to not get stabbed to death by refugee of peace
>Only knows what he sees on youtube and in mens health
>"I can kick your ass bro! Don't test me bro! Don't make me blowjobjob you bro!"

Okay buddy, settle down. I believe you.

Upload sparring footage of yourself

End of Thread.

Does anyone know if the fact that I have apt would make a diference when going into any sort of martial art?

No. Walk-ins are usually fine. But if making an apt eases your mind, do it

Your best bet is a place that offers BJJ, wrestling, muay thai, and boxing. They're mostly MMA gyms, but you get more sparring time especially in boxing. I've done dojos, and I like the martial arts as a lifestyle benefit but there's too much emphasis on kata and drilling. Plus, seeing 10 years olds get meme black belts makes me reee. Practice is important, but I like fight night myself. Go to a gym/dojo and try out some classes. A good place will have sparring either every class or at least twice a week.