/fat/ - fatass to fitass general

brainlet edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/ people who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous thread:

Attached: 1512155353966.gif (633x773, 11K)

>Began dieting and exercise on May 1st
>Weighed like 241-243 pounds when I began
>Goal was to be be below 230 by the end of the month
>At 228 today, comfortably ahead of my goal
I feel good about my progress.

Attached: -LyjVsZgxILjGXcltjbUMmx9QryuAy0yRvC0-m_fiWc.png (500x375, 262K)

Good job dude.
Here's my current progress, I'm hoping to see some further drops in the coming weeks.

Attached: IMG_2561.png (640x1136, 76K)

>that feel when you realize you will have to cut for at least 2 more months
Its killing me

CUT THE COOOOOORRRRRRRRRDDDDDD

Attached: bald obese fire elemental.png (763x758, 920K)

What rate are you cutting at?

Omeod is ez mode, cutting 2 lbs per day instead of getting cucked at 2 lbs per week.

just stop eating altogether or go a snake juice fast

Am I gonna make it?

Attached: weight.png (1079x1609, 155K)

in like a year if you dedicate yourself

isn't that basically just 36-48 hour fasting?
why such a memey name?

This is me from the low to the high. Going to get back to 243 asap.

Attached: error.jpg (957x756, 207K)

what are your plans for calories, food, exercise etc

When trying to lose weight/build muscles. Is it better to prioritize eating less carbs or eating less fat? I find that reaching my daily limit of 58 grams of fat happens easily, but my intake of carbs daily is often around 60 grams, which is like a hundred grams less than what myfitnesspal recommends. Is this trend good for me, or should I change it?

Attached: 1526693043478.jpg (423x613, 50K)

depends on what your metabolism is like.

I'm low carb (less than 50g a day, average about 30) because my body reacts to carbs like shit. I feel much better too.

fats are good for your hormones and stuff, its not inherently bad.

Omeod (one meal every other day) implies eating once every other day then being done.

48 hour fasting implies pigging out after 48 hours so i dont prefer that name.

I end every 48 hour cycle with a medium keto salad.

I do body-weight exercise and walk my dog for now. I have a weight rack at my place, I use it for pull-ups but I can't even do one right now (my best was 17 in a row before I gained all this weight) I'm in ketosis, its always been successful for me. Overall I don't count calories, I just try to eat as little as possible and try to stay hungry. My main foods are cocoa powder, half and half, cheese, and garlic cloves.

Good to know. I assume that my metabolism isn't great as I ended up getting pretty fat despite not eating like a slob everyday. So with that in mind, I think eating less carbs everyday has a positive effect on my body.

Attached: 1526651698984.jpg (2600x1888, 787K)

Here's my MFP goals if you care
>omg your calories are so low
I am so impatient but i can dedicate to it easily and its not that difficult to get all that protein in, especially with my 36g protein per 40g powder.

Attached: 2018-05-21 03_05_10-Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal.com.png (470x349, 8K)

most people should eat a low carb diet. even though is completely true, most obese people eat a lot of carbs with fast food and extremely processed junk, so going on a low carb diet will mostly help. if your just starting to lose weight from being obese, cut out at least 50-75% of your carbs, and make sure the carbs you do get are from low processed or whole foods like wheat bread. When bulking, Id say keep your macros around 50%protein/35%carbs/15%fat, and then adjust your macros after about a month if you need to.

SO CLOSE AAAAAAAA

6'0 185lb

Attached: bmi.png (936x500, 21K)

>eating OMAD for less than 1000kcal everyday
>still stuck in 70kg for a week
fuck water

I'll give mine as well.

Attached: IMG_20180520_221711.jpg (570x194, 44K)

what are you even eating?

Looks like you and I have the same exact goals. I'm six feet tall like you and hope to reach a healthy bmi.

Attached: nzYdVFS_d.jpg (640x476, 25K)

fuuug, those stretch marks look goddamn brutal

Cheesepill me on cheese. Should I eat it?

cottage cheese

I tend to avoid it completely. It has a minimal effect on the taste of meals and is dense with fat.

Attached: 1523128830783.jpg (720x540, 282K)

Some of us like having muscle

I have been on a diet for 3 months and suddenly am constantly hungry, whats going on? Had no problem with deficit until now.

then dont bitch about having to cut for 2 more months

veggies and meat

Woosh effect

Attached: 1526592336616.jpg (693x393, 50K)

explain

drink more water, a lot of the time you're not hungry.

When cutting calories, you obviously lose fat. When that fat is burned, your body replaces those pockets with water. Eventually, you'll piss away that water weight. The time it takes for you to piss it off varies from just a couple of days, to a few weeks.

Attached: IMG_20180520_225417.jpg (729x560, 262K)

I'm sunburnt and I need to work out tomorrow reeeee

Attached: 1526044026558.gif (400x444, 2.04M)

>use BMI calculator
>recommended cal intake should be 2484-3194kcal
>ive been eating under 1000kcal each day doing OMAD
2484-3194 seems like a fucking lot

Been losing weight for the last 4-5 months and lost around 20kg already. I'm going at a pretty damn fast speed anf I think only straight up fasting would significally speed the loss up.

I already hit "normal weight" BMI this month and its a great milestone, but I want to cut until I have good definition and abs, which probably will take me at least 8-10kg more to lose.

Its just so demotivating knowing that you will have to wait so long

It is
It makes me wonder how did I chug all of those when I was fat

4-5kg per month is normal speed that's just like 1kg a week

Coffee addict here, is Stevia good for you? I have the great value one

>coffee addict
>stevia
how does this even compute?

I prefer my coffee black

I'd drink it more if it didn't absolutely blow out my guts every time

Its ok, I deserve this.

Well I used agave before but I wanted a no cal alternative

>Get cravings for a milkshake
>Crave fast food
Fuck me bros I’m gaining weight instead of losing it.

How's it going guys?

Attached: Screenshot_20180521-000038_MyFitnessPal.jpg (1080x2220, 233K)

My t3 just arrived in the mail. Combined with my EC stack I’m gonna make it this summer.

That wasn’t me bitching btw, but I do happen to have about to months left to goal lol

I went with my fitness reality and it's pretty good, noice though on EC stack now. Honestly I never go over 2 doses and MAKE SURE you take week long breaks every once in a while. Shit works better after breaks.

>when you order a 9 piece of wings from buffalo wild wings but they give you 10

Attached: 1525674187899.png (1229x1160, 68K)

sorry for shitty picture quality. i had to turn up the brightness. I lost 103 lbs since 06/17 and now if i could do it all of you can. Still have about 30 to go

Attached: before after.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

NO PADRE

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO ABSOLVE OUR SINS NOT MULTIPLY THEM

You're sugar addict not coffee addict.

its going good man

Attached: unnamed.png (520x925, 106K)

If not larping I saw one of your posts the other day. How could you even let yourself go like that?

My. Dude.
Congratulations!

whats the lowest you made it in 2016?

thanks man

I had some psychotic breaks, diagnosed as bipolar. First round of antipsycs was haloperidol, then they moved me to something with fewer side effects. I'm on lithium now. Plus I was depressed over my grandfather dying last summer. Not great excuses, but it is what it is. I went from 198 to 352 in less than a year.

If you really want a burger why mot make one yourself at home using healthier ingredients.

>300
I was 300 a month ago and now im 282. Im not even close

This. turkey mince, an egg, garlic powder, wrap it in lettuce with a slice of cheese and you're good to go

You gotta fight it bro

I almost wavered and got a pizza, but was able to hold it down and cook some chicken breasts

You can win, nigga

most people in the /fat/ threads are crossposters from /fast/ which is a pretty good thing, tbqh. in my opinion, fat people should worry about getting down to 15% BF before they begin to worry about putting on muscle. exercise is still important, but when you're 250+ lbs, you shouldn't be worried about gaining muscle, and more worried about losing fat, because every day you're morbidly obese is just a gamble to whether your heart is gonna stop beating or not. thats why on shows like My 600 Pound Life, you'll see people like James and others die before they turn 30, and other people who are 700+ pounds and are 50 years or older. lose the fat before worrying about the muscle! you can gain muscle as long as you're alive, but won't be able to lose the fat if you died!

18lbs in a month? You're getting there

cutting down, lost 4kg so far (80->76)

Attached: 21-05-2018.png (848x513, 452K)

Ayo hol up

Did James actually finally pop off?

Thank you, I was stuck on 15 for a while but this week i started OMAD which helped.

thats what I heard, but I haven't watched that show in forever, or kept up on the saga of James, so I don't know for sure. Still, even if he specifically didn't die, theres always at least 1 episode per season where someone fails dieting, and ends up dying before 40 and then some people like that woman from Washington state who had been obese since her 20's that was around 50. its just a gamble at that weight

I don’t like sugar otherwise kicked soda for two months so far

your panties are too small

It is daunting to think I won't reach my goal weight until March of next year, according to the losertown website.

Why the fuck did I let myself get so fat? FUCK

the fat in your sides seems to be shrinking. when I first lost a lot of fat, thats where I lost it at first, and when I put on fat, thats where it goes first after my gut

but I can reach my GW by the end of the year if I do "strenuous activity." What does that mean? Like, 2-3 hours of cardio a day?

What the fuck were you eating?

Attached: 1510871193544.png (499x513, 283K)

>198 to 352 in less than a year

somebody was eating BIG

Attached: 1390992754059.jpg (272x315, 39K)

MAXIMUM BLOAT

Pretty much. Anything to increase your TDEE.

Just make sure you get enough protein. Also, if you start lifting now, your physique will be sooooo much better. Food for thought.

Weight loss isn't meant to be a race to the finish line. In fact, you'll soon realize there is no finish line.

Then why do you need sweetener for a coffee?

For it to taste good up to this point I’ve mostly been drinking it black (which tastes like shit)

Just stop drinking shit coffee

I do lift lightly! 20 lb barbell and 10 lb dumbbells... haha... We all start somewhere, right?

The food is my biggest obstacle. Being fat, I've never had a good relationship with food. Now I'm worried about cals in/out and get only about 1,000 calories a day due to lack of appetite.

thanks for the motivation, love! :)

how the fuck you're addicted to coffee but you don't like the taste?

Good job my man. Proud of you and keep it up.

Attached: 1487230771244.png (840x708, 234K)

I like the taste of it with creamer which I also stopped using too many kcals

i use half and half in my coffee, like 1-2tbsp once a day

Guys is it normal to feel like shit trying to work out on a 800 kcal deficit?

Attached: 1521578027659.jpg (664x701, 124K)

no

You won't be as strong on any sort of calorie defecit.

good job dude

You need to start sippin' instead of drinking the percolated Jew.

Attached: 1526148414388.jpg (539x548, 39K)

My friend sent me these in the mail, are they worth it or gains goblins?

Only drink water

I sip every day but only the zero calorie versions, they make a good preworkout, are cheaper than coffee and don't taste like garbage.

i have been browsing fit and trying to lose weight since my freshman year of highschool

im going off to college soon and im heavier then when i began

ive wasted your time

ive wasted my time

i wont kill myself but id rather die then live this way

i cant live and i cant die

Attached: 1468448043942.png (640x560, 44K)

Attached: 1518370748323.jpg (590x775, 95K)

should i do high protein medium fat low carb or just go full keto