Polyphasic sleep

Polyphasic sleep.
Any one do this? Thinking about adding a few more hours to my day.

Attached: Polyphasic Charts.jpg (3000x2100, 393K)

Other urls found in this thread:

polyphasicsociety.com/polyphasic-sleep/overviews/segmented-sleep/
amazon.com/gp/product/0393329011/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4720388/
youtube.com/watch?v=uNzZod_d18A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This will fuck you up. Most you can get away with is biphasic.

I sleep every other minute for 18 hours, and stay completely awake for 6 hours.

Hard to maintain, easy to fuck up, stressful

It will depend on you work schedule, at least that's what I felt as far as getting as much sleep as possible.
I arrive early for work to set coffee and sleep until it's time to work, then at lunch a inhale my food then nap until it's time to get back to work.
then when I get home, if i feel too tired I'll nap for 30 mins or so. after that I'll workout and cook etc.
not unreasonable, just have to be consistent.

>This will fuck you up
nope faggot, the 8 hour a day sleep will fuck you up

its like saying "nofap will fuck you up brah"
makes no sense

I currently do biphasic, (didn't know that's what it was called).

I'm in the military & have to wake up early as shit. By the time work's done, I'm tired regardless of how much I slept the night before. The gym is also crowded as shit after work since most of the base just finished their shift & wanna workout before going home.

I nap for 2 1/2 to 3 hrs after work, lift, eat, then sleep another 4 to 5 or so hours that night. I have to take melatonin, zzzquil, & ZMA to knock myself out at night.

It sucks cock. Only time I'm in a decent mood & well rested is on weekends. Working morning shift is awful. Still making gains tho.

>joblet thread

this is the kind of idiot that fell for the "no fap" meme. point and laugh at this retard with me.

Attached: 1525776484630.gif (200x154, 91K)

I have, in my opinion it was shitty for strength good for about everything else. I think people have different sleep cycles that they find adequate for some reason I operate best sleeping 12-15 hours one day and then staying awake 2-3 days after and repeating

I do biphasic unwilling because I have a difficult time sleeping, I take naps after getting home or in-between school and work.
I don't suggest it if you can maintain a normal sleeping schedule because it sucks to not feel tired but unable to go to sleep.

>to not feel tired
to feel tired

Great if you're an academic, shit for physical health, enjoy your lack of gh faggot

Attached: main-qimg-13473a12b70a4e18f66f6d20d9f9636d.png (602x338, 81K)

If you can attempt something like this, you are a NEET, if you are a NEET, why are you concerned with adding more hours to your day, so you can waste them too?

Are you fucking retarded? You need to be asleep for something like 30-45 mins before you can even enter REM sleep. Considering this is where restfulness and dreams come from, if you sleep without ever having prolonged REM you will be fucked up

I did my high school research paper on this. If i remember correct you'd train your brain to go straight into rem cycle. There werent really any conclusive studies when I researched this years ago, but there definetely are studies on the effects on sleep deprivation on brain. In one word it's real unhealthy and can cause long term bad effects. Modern 8-5 schedule itself doesnt actually cater to our internal clocks, but really the best option is 8 hours a night and a quick nap during the day if you need one.

>not doing uberman sleep

Biphasic is okay, trying to go full retard really does fuck you up

>wanting to be das übermensch
>not doing uberman
I pity you

I was interested in biphasic sleeping for quite some time until I realized my work patterns are quite irregular I'm gonna look into it when I go back to school.
Also I'm not sure if this will mess with gains.
Degenerate, go get laid.
Biphasic sleeping is great for most people especially students, for polyphasic you need to be independent of anything, no job, no responsibility etc. people like Leonardo Da Vinci, Nikola Tesla did that. Before most countries were industrialized there was first sleep and second sleep in a lot of countries look it up, people would get up in the middle of the night to pray or have sex.

Natural sleep cycle for a humans is actually this.
polyphasicsociety.com/polyphasic-sleep/overviews/segmented-sleep/

Attached: 7ju4T.png (600x463, 25K)

>Natural sleep cycle for a humans is actually this.
>Proceeds to use some sleep cult website as a fucking source
>L O L

This is not a natural sleep cycle for humans. please stop promoting such garbage

Sorry, but pseudoscience is not welcome here.

>Practicing nofap AND meme sleep schedules

Why do you hate yourself?

Pic related, I'm with

Attached: faggot.jpg (600x448, 37K)

One of my old employers did the everyman pattern. Pulled it off quite well, too.
What surprised me most was when he would just up and switch back to a single 8 hour sleep pattern for holidays, seemingly with no problems

Just kill yourself lmao

It is though, if you don't have artificial light people sleep like this automatically and they have historically done this for ages.
Sleeping through the night is a very recent thing.

I just posted the first website I could find with a graph on this, only briefly went over it.

amazon.com/gp/product/0393329011/
You can easily find more on this.

I do something between biphasic and everyman according to your chart. Sleep 5-6 hours at night, two 15-20 minute naps per day. Works great for me. Sometimes I'll sleep in for 8 hours if I'm worn out from a bunch of hard days at the gym or hard trail runs or something, but a night or two of that doesn't make it hard to go back to my usual sleep cycle.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4720388/
>Natural sleep and its seasonal variations in three pre-industrial societies
>The sleep period consistently occurred during the nighttime period of falling environmental temperature, was not interrupted by extended periods of waking
kys

Biphasic is similar to what most animals actually do including what cavemen did.

this, anything more is a meme

bunch of numale sleeplets in here think cause they get 8 hours and eat whey their test levels are healthy. pussies dont know about zuberman sleep cycle sleep for 5 minutes then wake for 15 throughout the day thats what cavemans did

>Thinking about adding a few more hours to my day.
you can not add time to a day , time is an illusion
you are here now
it is always now
sleeping is good for you
if you sleep less it is bad
i guesss some people might sleep too much
but im guessing you are an average faggot
not a oddity that needs modafilin to stay awake

Attached: mental gains 1 week.png (1332x1949, 348K)

You can make your sleep better though.
Buy a futon and throw out your bed.

why would throwing my bed away help my sleep
has ray cronise infected you with his crazy ideas?

youtube.com/watch?v=uNzZod_d18A

Attached: kick.jpg (1200x1200, 187K)

Because everything that's comfy makes you weak.
Never heard of this guy, but sleeping on a hard surface has a lot of benefits.

where my uberman bros at?

>biphasic/triphasic masterrace

>Because everything that's comfy makes you weak.
no a walk on a sunny day does not
but i do believe that doing things that are not coomfy is good for mental/physical gains
fasting and cold showers being 2 that i do
also meditation is goat
pic related , he is a good teacher of meditation

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-21 (81) Mingyur Rinpoche - YouTube - YouTube.png (899x629, 814K)

Anyone do segmented sleep?

That two hour gap when its cool seems like a good time to go walk my dog.

>mfw work in EMS
>mfw work 24/48's in EMS
>mfw I have no choice but to do polyphasic or I'll fall asleep and crash the truck at 3am
At least I get 2 days off after every shift to recoup my sleep and shit

Attached: IMG_2892.png (800x600, 150K)

>no a walk on a sunny day does not
enjoy your skin cancer

>inhale my food
onions