How do I get my friend to stop his self-destructive behaviors?

How do I get my friend to stop his self-destructive behaviors?
A good friend of mine is obviously not satisfied with his life, although I’m sure he won’t admit it. He smokes weed daily, drinks, actively avoids most social activities, is overweight, and stays inside all day watching TV.
I got him to start lifting and losing weight, but I feel like it’s not enough. I don’t want to force him to do anything, but I know he’d be a lot happier if he stopped this shit.
Is it even worth trying to help him? How do i do it?

Attached: image.jpg (372x450, 123K)

I'm in the same situation. Just help me instead.

Just fucking stop. You can't force people to change their ways. You're wasting your energy.

Offer your support, explain the way you feel and let him know if he ever wants to start going to the gym you'll be there for him every step of the way.

You put the decision fully in his hands, where it should be.

This, you can't force change in him, only he can.

make fun of him, let him know he is pathetic.

I wish I had a friend like u op. I've been slipping down a dark hole in life and none of my supposed good friends care, or notice it. The wake up call comes from within, but you can always show your concern, it'll be another reason for your friend to try and get up on his own.

Never gonna make it.

give him your boi pucci

either this
or that

Honestly, don't bother you can't save him. Or try just ripping on him but not too brutal, but productive ripping on him. For instance, "Hey there friendo you look kind of fat, have you tried counting your calories? No? Well that would probably explain why you look like shit you fucking blob cunt. Look at you, you make fucking sick. You've always been a burden always bringing me down. It's pathetic I still look out for you. You should just end it you fucking oxygen thief." Just something light like that.

You cant change people who dont want to change themselves.
You cant get a person out of a depression, and thats what it sounds like he has.
As someone who occationally has had depressions, the thought of social interaction is more draining than 1 hour in the gym. Just let him wallow in it until he realizes he needs to dig himself out of it.

He’s got to want to do it himself, cliche answer but it’s the truth... you might have to try raping him a few times? When he realises he’s too weak to fend you off he may start to take the initiative and get fit... or he might buy a gun, it’ll be a surprise!

You think that's gonna do anything? He knows it too

Even if he lifts he's going to keep doing all those things.

You´re a great friend user

Can confirm, lifting for years now and still a depressed pathetic loser

i would suggest going running together.
if you're both shit you can improve together and running tends to be quite relaxing outdoors for most at least. maybe try to chat while doing it

Is there a way to subconsciously induce a wakeup call with careful wording?

Something that makes a constant reminder about their pathetic lifestyle?

fuck his mother and show him the recording

Well i started by taking him /out/ hiking then we started sprinting and then he asked to start streetworkout with me

just tell him you've been thinking about it. i promise you he's been thinking about it a lot more than you and it might be a relief to hear that he has some support. getting started at the gym is a lot easier with a friend, it eases the whole shame thing fat people feel.

keep us posted on how it turns out if you decide to try

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (960x720, 78K)

tell him to kill himself

>none of my supposed good friends care, or notice it
I learned that sad fact about life when I went through some rough times and literally every single person that I thought was a good friend abandoned me. In retrospect I understand why they did it, because I was being a needy pain in the ass. The only person who can truly help you out is you. You're lucky if you have family and maybe one good friend who you can trust.