No QTDDTOT thread made QTDDTOT thread

no QTDDTOT thread made QTDDTOT thread

If I'm lifting five days a week should I be having a protein shake on my two days off?
What about creatine?

Attached: Ya ya ya osis.jpg (1536x2173, 332K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Av3LO2GwpAk
youtu.be/jy7SSbxcQnw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If I have one set with godawful form and have good but grindy sets for two sets, should I still increase the weight next workout?

You should be consuming about 1g of protein per 1 lb of body weight so if you need that protein then yes have a shake. I would say take something with BCAA on your days off for recovery but that is it.

Distance running and sprinting for cardio seems to make my squats suffer heavily, but I want to do some cardio on my cut that won't bother my lifts too much. Would a mix of fasted walking and burpees as HIIT be good? I don't want to wear out my legs too much and the fatigue from running only really hurts my squats from my experience.

Attached: 20180519_175403.png (1080x885, 574K)

If I have a routine with a specific number of sets, can I increase the volume? Also, will increasingly volume help me?

Attached: image.jpg (1200x798, 270K)

I'm a skellington doing GOMAD. Would using chocolate milk instead yield faster results?

Attached: 1423459448061.png (518x510, 364K)

No. More carbs from sugar = more fat. Stick with whole white milk.

No, try to only move up in weight when you can stably perform the last set. Moving on when you have poor form is a recipe for disaster when your inability to balance or hold the weight can lead to tendon sprains. And any kind of injury in that vein tends to be recurring as the likelihood of the same injury increases.
Shake is fine, creatine is fine but more so should be on working days.
Fasted walking tends to be what a friend who competes in shows does when nearing competition time and hiit when training offseason since it allows him more time to do 2 a days.
Increasing weight usually increases cns adaption and strength, volume increases mass which in turn also increases strength. Strike a balance if you feel like it or switch your program to more volume and when you can accomplish the new work load move up in weight and drop the volume. Repeat.
You would probably be serviced by consuming more whole foods than relying on sugars from fast and cheap sources instead of complex carbohydrates. Really diet requires you to have enough fats to facilitate hormone production and keep you stable and then protein to fill the required 1g per 1lb lean body mass and carbs/fat/protein to fill the gap. Possibly 20-25% carbs unless you feel your energy flagging then increasing the amount.

The day after going on a run I feel pain in my gluteus medius when trying to raise my left leg laterally against some resistence. There is no pain during the run, but sometimes I get a sting even just lifting up the covers on my bed. I stretch thoroughly after every run and daily before sleep (recently recovered from IT Band syndrome on the sane leg, so I'm pretty anal about it). The pain is just a mild annoyance (1-2/10) and specialized on only a few select movements, but I don't know if it's a symptom of a big overuse problem just waiting to come up.

What do?

Did about 18 sets of 15 non stop single leg calf raises, dropped weight of the dumbell 3 times, then did about 8 sets of double leg calf raises and my calves are so rekt 3 days after the training, can't walk with my heel touching the ground if I don't stretch my calves before walking. Feels like even my tendons are shortened. If I keep the intensity and raise it in future , will I get big calves even though my calves are small naturally?
How do you train your calves?

Should I keep doing this?
AxBxAxx / BxAxBxx

A
Squats 5x5
OHP 5x5
Chinups 3xF
Calves 3x10
Weighted Sit-ups 3xF

B
Rows 5x5
Deadlifts 1x5
Bench 5x8
Curls 5x10
Calves 3x10
Weighted Sit-ups 3xF

I'm 170 and 70kg
(5'7 and 154lbs)

Attached: mirror57168293090r.png (329x445, 114K)

>weighted situps
Just do hanging leg raises

Finnaly some fucking feedback.
Thank you.

How the fuck do I even out my lats? One is significantly bigger than the other

Attached: file_37.png (2550x1700, 3.06M)

That's just DOMS, it won't be as bad next week and after a few weeks it'll be gone.

If you miss a couple of weeks of training it'll come back.

As long as your training method is good your calves will keep growing up to their natural limit, there's no way anyone here could predict what that'll be for you though.

I think keep doing that routine, maybe add a few different accessories (lateral raises being the most glaring one) I doubt u need to be directly hitting abs 3 times a week, and if your arms arent growing add skullcrushers. Depends how long youve been going tho and whether you're plateauing

No you'll fucking destroy your Achilles, make sure you arent bouncing off your Achilles at the bottom of the rep, this is really important

Thank you.
I've been working out with a 60kg barbell in my garage for a year, I joined a gym last week.

Can somebody please explain 8x8? I used to hear it on Jow Forums all the time, but haven't heard it in a while. What actually was it for?

I want to get more volume to my arms, since I've realised that they respond better to that. For my tri's, I've started supersetting exercises to get that volume, and it feels great. But for my bi's I'm a little stuck, and last night did 8x8 curls because I was bored. Felt really good.

So can somebody tell me if 8x8 is a bad meme or an actual decent rep and set range? And also any good ways to add more work for arms?

II have this really bad pain in and around where my thigh connects to my hip. Last lifting sesh was 2 days ago but it didn't show up til yesterday.
Was doing Squat bench and barbell rows. Not super confident with barbell row form so I've been doing it with low weights. I can sit just fine but if I try raise my knee its hurts so bad I physically can't do it.
Is it safe to lift today or should I take another day or two rest? if I do I'll only get 3 days in this week instead of my usual 4.

Stick with it then, keep adding weight and youll make mad gains, dont worry too much about abs

I would add dips on bench day and curls after chin ups and as the other user said, hanging leg raises instead of sit ups.

Is one onion per day a meme?

If I do curls after sit-ups I will do curls every work out.
Or are you saying I should do curls only on A?

For barbell rows in pic related, does "8 reps at 6, 7, 8 x 2 sets" mean 8 for 6, 7, 8, 6, 7, 8 or for 6, 6, 7, 7, 8, 8?

Attached: Screenshot_11111.jpg (546x77, 16K)

*curls after chin-ups

try it out for a week and see if you notice anything differently

anyone?

Don't know shit about running sorry man

Anyone?

What is the benefit of cardio during a cut besides lowering your daily net calories? How does it help with weight/physique?

Which one of you writes for the betoota advocate

Attached: A8B6E8A3-A508-4175-9519-297C77A753F7.jpg (1125x1435, 316K)

I still have plenty of excess fat, but the trainer I check in with at my gym things I should stop cutting and focus on building muscle.
I think I'd rather get rid of the fat quicker even if it means it takes longer to rebuild muscle, but what is the consensus on this?

The more muscle you have the easier it'll be to burn fat next time you start cutting. Bulk for a year or so. Unless you're a lardass that is but I doubt a trainer would have you building muscle if you're obese.

How do I sleep without waking up halfway through? Its fucking with my gains im sure, because its harder to go to sleep the second time.

I was obese. My BMI is normal now but I still have moobs and a largish gut.

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much. Stick to a clean bulk though to minimize gaining any more fat, if you can.

Redpill me on test boosters
Will they maximize my natty test production to optimal levels or they're complete bs?

Please tell me the cutie on the left didn't become the thing on the right. That shit should be illegal.

DB rows might help with your lats or if you have access to those lat pull down machines where each arm moves an individual weight use that.

I'm having trouble balancing a 3pl8 barbell on my back for a squat. I'm pretty confident i can do the squat, it's balancing and moving out of the rack that's the problem. I feel like i'll fall over if i step back. Is there anything i can do about this?

i dont know how to get stronger
im running a calisthenic program, and i think ive flat lined in terms of strength
im 90 kg (200ish lbs) 185 (6ft1ish)
ive hit a point where im doing 20 push ups in a row but cant go above that, and like 4 chin ups, but cant go above that either. help please ive been stuck like this for a month

Yea she JUSTed her god teir facial aesthetics and redditors were sucking her off for beating anorexia lmao. I'll try working each side individually that's a good idea

God I fucking hate reddit. She was gorgeous.

what does your program say to do?
i would suggest you do something like;
max pushups/chin ups rest 2 min
(half max rest 2 min)x3

Sprinting shouldn't be a negative, long distance might lower it a bit. I play Rugby and my quads only get steonger after our training sessions, since they are packed with sprinting and impact which involves pushing with our legs. Go for sprinting and explosiveness, that should definitely improve your squat.

Alright. I usually do 6-8 30/60s and they always make my hamstrings sore, but usually my quads don't feel it much too much the next day. I'll try dropping the distance runs (was doing 2 distance one sprint per week that I run) and just do sprints. If I'm doing squats Monday and Friday with deadlifts Wednesday, what days should I sprint throughout the week?

%bf please?

Attached: IMG_20180521_133005.jpg (472x540, 60K)

I'm a calisthenics faggot and my left arm is so much weaker than my right that its depressing

what the fuck do i do? I cant even do a one arm push up with my left, but can easily do 10 with my right

weighted faps with your weaker arm

I go heavy one weights like 60 lbs at 3x24 girls. How do I not break my elbows and ligaments?

How to deal with onion breath?

Attached: 1526862880124.png (1280x720, 624K)

What are the best and most convenient foods with a lot of fiber?

Attached: 1526574629494m.jpg (480x640, 43K)

JSRF was such a fucking good game, and Gum was always pretty cute.

Soi-lent

Also can someone boast Onionbro's results on onion eating

I've been severely neglecting my delts to the point where they're bottlenecking progress on my other lifts

What's the best way to hit delts? High weight or high reps?

Attached: this is katana, she's a qt.webm (640x800, 2.46M)

What is this thin bar with no center knurling used for?

Attached: asd.jpg (675x506, 86K)

I'm rarely on an empty stomach before sleeping. Does taking ZMA become useless?

Onions

On A. You have rows next workout so don’t blast the biceps too hard. When you switch to PPL or U/L you can add how much volume you can take.

It’s a technique issue, not a strength one unless you trained only your right arm for years. You have to learn how to use your non dominant hand independently. I’d start with archer push ups and focus on form and muscle connection.

Pretty sure it's a DL bar

I'm using an app that recommends I deload if I go back into the gym since it has been more than a month, (been about a month and a half) but I don't lift anything near heavy as is so 50 percent is nearly nothing. I'm right around 1 plate squat and 1.5 plate deadlift, less than 1 plate everything else.

I need to cut back a little bit, but like 10-15 percent seems better to me with what little I lift to begin with.

are your spinal erectors supposed to feel sore after deadlifting? not ache, jus sore, like it was taxed.

calves to fail every single time

I'm a new lifter (skinnyfat twink DYEL) and I know I should be slowly bulking while doing SS, but with summer coming up, could I cut instead and focus on upper body and core to have some semblance of a beach body, then bulk when the pools start closing?

Yes to a point
Just make sure it’s muscle soreness and not actually back pain

yeah, just feeling a little tight. i was paranoid that it meant my back was rounding

dont fall for the bulk/cut meme. you are a beginner, you will gain muscle regardless.

just go on a proper routine while doing cardio with a healthy diet not exceeding your TDEE

That's why I'm even considering a cut. Can I eat at a 500 kcal deficit and get abs? Do I have to go lower? I want to look good in a swimsuit.

>hey leddit i'm fat like you now and still haven't developed a healthy relationship with food praise me

500 is fine. any lower and you will be jeopardizing your noob gains. all the best dyel

bump

Thanks user, I appreciate it.

10-12%

bird is 10/10

Based birb
Does he bring you gains? What's his name

Yes.
Should I not?
My calves are shit.

thanks

If you’re concerned about form, you can have someone film you lifting

Thanks for both!

Yeah he/she motivates me with his song while i lift! His name is pollo or chocobo

I'm a newbie doing SS and I can't seem to get the squat down properly. I've had a gym coach watch me perform a high bar squat and it seems like I press with the forward half of my feet, lifting my heels a bit.

He showed me how to do a front squat and it was much easier for me to do properly. Can I swap my high bar squats for front squats or should I learn how to high bar squat properly?

Attached: 1474588627801.png (640x640, 12K)

You can do that
Or consider wearing shoes with a thicker heel and stretching your ankles before you squat to get better dorsiflexion

youtu.be/Av3LO2GwpAk

youtu.be/jy7SSbxcQnw

what sort of stuff do fellow poorfags eat?

Attached: 1526691328036.gif (112x112, 42K)

SS teaches low bar squats. You need to read the book and watch a some videos. Front squats are harder and quad dominant. The reason we do low bar is to recruit the most muscle possible in the movement as low bar incorporates hamstrings much more than high bar.

Chicken and pasta

how do i bulk correctly?
any tips on what I can eat to stay clean but get in extra calories?

wholegrain foods, higher dietary fat (cheese, milk, oil, nuts) and higher protein.

Nuts, seeds and peanut butter

Define Clean? What do you eat now? Just eat more of it.

Typically as long as you are already including greens and enough protein in your diet, you can increase your overall calories by simply adding more rice. A cup of Basamati rice is like ~200 calories, so on a slow/lean bulk just have 2 extra cups of rice a day.

thanks lads
here's what i've been generally eating w/o my veg

Attached: off to tescos now.jpg (677x731, 83K)

What program is that? Looks really handy

My bench is lagging behind my other SL5X5 lifts according to symmetric strength. Should I throw it in every workout after squatting for a while or ignore it and do assistance exercises instead?
Novice lifter for 3 months here

I'm doing stronglifts 5x5 as a beginner program and I have trouble with ohp.
I did what the program told me and stopped adding weight after failing all sets after 3 reps and I can now add weight but I'm progressing half as fast on ohp than on the other lifts, I need two sessions before I can add 2.5kg.
Should I add some dips or chinups on the days I don't ohp? I feel like I struggle a lot less on those.

Attached: Metal Hand.jpg (1920x1080, 156K)

Is it OK to take 8 SCOOPS A DAY C'MON? Asking unironically I have like 3 big tubs of whey protein
Pls respond

Attached: 2018-05-21-15-42-14-779601642.jpg (197x255, 7K)

Lose some weight too, that'll make doing higher reps easier

Just fine, yeah. Make sure you're getting your micros.

myfitnesspal

I have a job that causes me to sweat a fuckton in the summer. In order to not lose a bunch of weight do I need to increase my caloric intake or can I counteract the loss of fluids by just staying properly hydrated? It's not very physically demanding, but I sweat very easily and I'll be outside half the time.

bcaa is a meme. whey is 25% bcaa by weight of protein and all complete protein sources have bcaa in them.

try also biking and elliptical. the lack of eccentric stress may help.

is it an actual routine? follow it. it should have progression schemes for increasing weight or volume over time.
is it some shit you made up? well, sure, adding volume may help, but usually adding weight is the easiest and best way to progress.

choc milk is goat post-workout food. 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein and lots of fast carbs for recovery. is a meme-repeating moron.

stretch after workouts and daily otherwise. pic attached goat general flexibility plan. also consider reducing volume 20-30% and building up again over a month.

stretch after. do your calf raises with slow deliberate reps.

do starting strength instead.
why do morons want to reinvent the wheel?

body dysmorphia.
quit worrying about stupid shit. no woman ever got your pants and shirt off, started fondling your dick, and then looked up, saw your uneven lats, and said to herself "that fucking freak, no way i'm gonna blow HIM!" as she got up and left the room

it's a meme. there was one old-school lifter who once advocated it, but that's pretty much it.
supersets of chins and dips are good for what you want. finish all your workouts that have upperbody with them. failure for each, 90s between, go 3-4 rounds. won't add more than about 10min to your workout.

stretch. see pic, see above. the hip flexor stretch is probably the one for your problem.

Attached: BFS Flexibility 1-2-3-4 BiggerFasterStronger.png (591x765, 200K)

Pls respond

Attached: 1507375021045.jpg (640x634, 35K)

I did something very similar to SS for a year.
I found it in the sticky.
But what's wrong with me doing this?
Is it too much workload? Explain.

about 7-8 reps
lateral raises