Carbs are useless

Daily reminder that carbs are actually useless and that all carb-eaters are actually addicted to SUGAR.

Body transforms:
Proteins -> Aminoacids;
Fats -> Fatty acids and glycerol;
Carbs -> ...sugar.

Just a reminder that you should stop eating carbs.

Attached: russkie.jpg (1080x1080, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atherosclerosis-journal.com/article/S0021-9150(02)00364-7/fulltext
search.proquest.com/openview/c8892d325d126a79f1a02e1a5360659b/1?pq-origsite=gscholar&cbl=46838
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your body needs glucose to function brainlet

If you don't eat carbs it'll just create glucose from the amino acids

May as well just eat them since it's cheaper energy wise and money wise

And that's what fats are for, kiddo.

Your mom -> sucking dick

Actually actually actually actually actually actually actjallt acurkdk actually axutlx aifcyfu

>May as well just eat them since it's cheaper energy wise and money wise

This is my problem desu. I feel way better on a lazy keto diet, but damn is it time consuming/expensive to do.

>nutrition is that simple

god i love julia vins

Just a reminder that you should stop being fat.
I'll enjoy my carbs, thanks.

Enjoy your crack, crackhead.

>2018
>not being carbed up 24/7
Stay small wipeboy

I will. Just remembering the "all you can eat sushi" I had this weekend makes me hard.

the keto meme will die once you start dropping from heart disease and cancer, because functionally there have been 0 populations that have specialized aroun this life style.
Ethno wise the fuckers that live to old age are carb eaters/mostly vegans

This Tbh, especially if you go for the true master race raw meat diet. brb spending literally 3x the amount on food per week

Inuits.

had genes that made it harder for them to go into ketosis, live spans are in their 60's and the discovered mummies have plaque build up (heart disease)

The founder of the atkins diet, was a 200 pound 70 year old who hid his heart disease

>all carbs are bad
>fruit, vegetables, and legumes are bad for you
no.

rice is shit, grains are shit, bread is shit, refined sugar is shit. keto is good for short-term weight loss. it really isn't that complicated.

no serious athlete functions without carbohydrates for a reason

So just cutting out bread, rice and poderders while still eating fruits, veg, nuts, meat and fish is a-ok? Because that's what I've been planning on doing, just cut out those three things, in addition to the obvious bagged and processed shit.

brain cells use glucose as their main energy source. don't be an idiot. there is a difference between sugar and carbs. once again, educate yourself, don't be an idiot.

Yep. Humans lived for how many years eating only protein and fat, and scientists say the basis of our diet should be bread? lol.

lmao how often do you think fruits and nuts were available? pro-tip: not frequently

Except your body will always need at least some glucose for your brain to not die.

Carbs help with macronutrient recycling, muscle recovery, thyroid function and overall health. Only dyels hate on carbs.

>inuits
whose life expectancy has gonw up since adopting western products lmao

>rice is shit
>grains are shit
>bread is shit
wrong, wrong, wrong, notice how people that actually lift weights literally eat those foods?
All athletes eat grains, only dyel incels online have an agenda against them.

Listen here you retard.

Literally none of the shit we eat today was available more than a thousand years ago, and none of the shit eaten back then is available now. Plants were selectively bred over millenia to be unrecognisable to their ancestors, and so were the animals.

Even meat itself was different, because no-one in the West eats anything that was not drenched in antibiotics. Paleo diet doesn't exist, its a fad for fucktards.

Meat was available year round. Yes we have different animals and fish than back then, and yes the extinction of Eurasian megafauna is the greatest tragedy in history, but you are still looking at a history of several million years with a low availability of plant foods (1-3 months) compared to about 10000 years of grain storage (much less in all but middle eastern and chinese cultures)

Paleo man ate a fuckton of omega 3 fatty acids, most people nowadays just wanna eat fucking saturated fat all day in the form of cheese, butter, cream, bacon, lard, etc.
They think that their "grass fed beef" is "loaded" with omega 3's when it doesn't even compare to the ammounts found in fish(which are the only undomesticated animals we eat besides free game which is also loaded with poly unsaturated omega 3's.

>scientists say the basis of our diet should be bread

When has a scientist ever said the fucking whole basis of our diet should be bread?

>meat was available year round
Not everyday if that's what you mean, not even humans who preyed on megafauna had a steady source of animal flesh to eat.

trips don't lie

Attached: bateman111.jpg (938x944, 789K)

basis: the underlying support or foundation for an idea, argument, or process.

Google: food pyramid

You fucking actual retard.

>talks down to the strongest motherfucker on this entire board
post stats, kiddo

is she checking if she grew a dick?

Even squirrels have figured out how to store nuts.

To clarify, by available I mean that it is not bound by season unlike plant foods. Of course it was contingent on the success of the hunt, which is likely why we have the various mechanisms associated with fasting.

fall for no carbs meme -----> Lose gains I had worked hard
Go buy oats and rice -----> earn them back and more

hmmmm

Ok, eat lots of fish, I can get behind that. I like fish.

This. True subsistence diet? Lots and lots of grubs, roots that can be found year-long, bark, pinecones, and, surprise surprise, scavenged meat.

Its called subsistence for a reason. Modern african and amazonian niggers are somewhat poor examples, as those areas are a veritable Garden of Eden compared to neolithic Europe. Short of it is, you idiots really should stop romanticising primitive "lifestyle", as it wasn't a style, but brutal necessity. Life was short, full of disease and malnutrition, adn the only reason people didn't die of cancer much is because they didn't live long enough to get it.

And how exactly do you figure one would have access to a large amount of nuts without agriculture?

fructose turns to glycerol-3-p and fatty acids, and creates triglycerides too, just like fats, however because it produces VLDL its pretty much cancerous

Thank you for restoring my faith in this bait filled cesspool. You’re a good person. It’s nice to see at least one person who doesn’t thrive in blatant misinformation and shitty knowledge of exercise physiology/nutrition.

Not a meme, it’s just a catobolic state, without some planning ahead, you’re going to lose gains. On the other hand, no need to take extra measures when you’re not on ketosis, so might as well not bother.

You are not those people though, if you are east asian, west african, or european or native american you are literally adapted to eat starches/fruit/animal flesh all year long.
The only peoples that have a reason to be adapted to a meant based diet are artic peoples, and even they benefit in longevity when adopting a more western diet.
Plus the estimated BMI of the paleolithic europeans was pathetically low, possibly because they starved 90% of the time.

How tall was he? Makes a difference

trees . some nuts grow on trees .

Attached: 1520877611920.png (395x415, 150K)

If that was true then Asians would be fat

China has a diabetes epidemic doe, I wount just assume it’s the rice so don’t quote me on that. They have all sort of pollutants so, who knows

And where would you find an orchard of ripe nuts?
Northern europeans are derived from siberian hunter-gatherers and ice-age western hunter-gatherers, a large amount have only had grain agriculture for 3-4000 years and some even less, same goes for plains indians. There is also not a year round availability of fruits even in tropical climates no matter how much you want it to be true.

IMexican “native Americans” seem to do awfully bad with their native access to corn, the obesity rates are soaring. They’ve also found cavities in the earliest NA that used to eat corn as their main fuel spice

>Northern europeans are derived from siberian hunter-gatherers and ice-age western hunter-gatherers
They have adapted to an agricultural based diet though, every single european has, even sami people.
Most europeans have a lot of neolithic farmer admixture too.
Northern europeans have on average like 17% ancient north eurasian admixture, and almost double that in early european farmer admixture.

Kill. Yourself. Now.

Have you seen the average diet of the average mexican? They eat too much garbage, that's why they have high rates of obesity. Native americans have been eating starches for thousands of years.

Not traditionally, that's because of eating more kfc and what not. Look at Japan, Korea etc

>even sami people
But none are functioning optimally, Europeans are degenerated to an almost unrecognizable level. Northern European and Northern European-derived nations dominate the list of obese countries.

It’s not the carbs themselves, but the crazy amount of refined sugars on top their regular staples, they produce a synergic obesity effect, correct ?

Why are there so many retards that use caps in their OPs lately?

Useless would imply there is literally no use for them which is objectively wrong.

The Inuits have twice the rate of strokes of Americans. When put on a standard American diet, their risk of stroke went down.
atherosclerosis-journal.com/article/S0021-9150(02)00364-7/fulltext

>mostly vegans
Vegans lack b12 and other essential micronutrients due to their exclusion of meat, I can’t really believe they live more than average

Absolutely false.
The human diet was primarily starchy tubers and various other plant material.
Meat was eaten rarely due to how much time and energy it could take to hunt animals.

Humans were not able to hunt animals effectively before we invented weapons. We are slow and have no natural weapons like claws or sharp teeth.
Humans existed for millions and millions of years before we invented hunting tools.

as far as the evo argument for eating meat goes, i have heard this much with regards to it: yes, we have millions of years hunting game. we also have millions of years of existence as primates, who thrive on a diet of fruit.

>before we invented weapons
How long ago was that ?. Meat became an important dietary staple along with tool creations, and that precedes the first ever crop with a very wide time margin

>I can’t really believe they live more than average
That's the good thing about science, it doesn't really matter if you believe in it or not.

Attached: t8mbRVO.png (694x643, 125K)

>And where would you find an orchard of ripe nuts?
This is what cities have done to humanity.

>what is persistence hunting

The control group would have to be compared to a true low carb diet then. If they’re comparing it to the SAD diet, it’s just not the same. Not only that, but many studies I’ve seen seem to have a bad idea of what a low carb diet actually constitutes

Major case of dyke gut on that one.

It’s not like, we have awesomely developed brains just because we started to get nutrient-significant foods as a staple for hugenumber of years before we even developed the first crop ! Who would have thunk

Lol

I have a concern with studies that compare vegans and vegetarians to other diets. My concern is that when you compare a vegan to a meat eater (average American), you're actually making a comparison between someone who cares about what they put in their mouth (by definition) to someone who most likely does not. I would like to see a comparison between a vegan and someone who cares as much about their diet as a vegan but intelligently consumes animal products (i.e. Grass-fed beef, pasture-raised chicken eggs, no fast food hamburgers, etc). Has this study been done?

>Except your body will always need at least some glucose for your brain to not die.
This is provably false. Those researchers back when you could still kill people gave people in a fasted state a massive dose of insulin crashing their blood sugar levels to virtually zero. The patients themselves said they felt nothing out of the ordinary and there was no metric by which the doctors could ascertain any dysfunction, physically, physiologically, or mentally. These people stayed in this state that should have killed them for hours. The brain doesn't give a shit about where its energy comes from as long as it has energy. Glucose or otherwise.

I think the crux of the problem is the lack of seasonality, and the keto fags always gloss over this.

Our ancestors would have preferentially ate all the sugar there was. But that sugar was only available for a fraction of the year before heading into an even longer period of famine.

The rampant all year availability of refined sugar is the problem. Not carbohydrates in general.

Nuts. Primates eat mostly nuts and meat.

You didn't lose gains, you lost water.
This means that your muscles were all bloated with water instead of actual muscle fibre. Congratulations, you're bloated.

Great way to move the goalposts. Inuit are about as close as it gets to a true low carb high meat and fish diet. Their live expectancy from 1989 to 2003 was on average 10 years less than the average Canadian in that period.
search.proquest.com/openview/c8892d325d126a79f1a02e1a5360659b/1?pq-origsite=gscholar&cbl=46838

>LIVING FOREVER

NEVER GONNA MAKE IT

You have to LIVE IT
NOT live forever

Fats can provide you with all the energy to live and even grow stronger without impairing brain function, some studies suggest they improve brain function. For someone who doesn't lift or is cutting then cutting carbs is probs the best call. They are probably necessary for optimal gains though. Really just depends on individual goals.

I believe so

combine high fat, low-fasting/disruptive sleep states, and high sugar, (processed food/refined carbs) you get a fucked mess

Honestly, I love my sprouted whole grain bread, you fuckers will never convince me to let it go

you can eat eat a lot of shit on a vegan diet you gotta remember, like onions, and while you sort of miss the lethal combo breakers you can still be a fucking pig

Closest we have is the stuff on Vilhjalmur Stefansson, but those have n=2 lmao.

Something that essentially nobody actually did. The evidence for it is nearly non-existent, and the actual math for the energy expenditure vs. reward doesn't even fucking work. Most meat that humans ate was scavenged carrion.

You're selecting for a group disproportionately affected by alcoholism, and you're suprised that they have lower lifespans? Holy shit you're fucking stupid.

Attached: 1494477719565.jpg (2048x1152, 1.05M)

>inuit in the 90s
>on a traditional diet
dohoho

No carbs = ketoacidosis retard

What's really funny is this girl is a shredded multiply powerlifter who lifts way more than the average, morally superior, DYEL shit talking fitizen.

Ketoacidosis is a state of uncontrolled blood sugar and ketone levels exceeding 10.0mmol/l. The state of ketosis on the other hand has controlled blood sugar and ketone levels in the 0.5-2.0 range.

Ketosis and ketoacidosis are two completely different animals, please stop promulgating this false equivalency.

Ketoacidosis happens in diabetics because they rip their adipose tissue to shreds because THEY CANT PROCESS SUGAR. If you don’t eat carbohydrates and produces glycogen, you do the same thing

No you don't do the same thing.

Absolutely no one without diabetes in a ketogenic state has uncontrolled glucose or ketone levels >~3.0mmol/l

Furthermore your body is capable of making plenty of glucose through something called gluconeogenesis from noncarbohydrate precursors: amino acids, glycerol, and lactate. The glycerol comes from the breakdown of triglycerides. You don't need exogenous carbohydrates.

The bird we domesticated chickens from still exists but yeah I sniff your drift

>Except your body will always need at least some glucose for your brain to not die.
and your body will make all the glucose it needs though gluconeogenesis. you don't need it in your diet.

Vegans lack b12 because they don’t consume meat which has been fed b12 supplements traditionally it comes from dirt but hygiene practices have removed it from store bought crops, as for these “other micronutrients” they don’t exist it’s just b12

B12 comes from bacteria. Like the bacteria in your stomach and the stomachs of animals.

Bacterial contamination from the soil is where it comes from. Rumanents And their multiple stomachs provide plenty of time for bacterial breakdown of fiber and production of b12. Animals like rabbits eat cecotropes (night feces), rodents engage in similar behaviors.

Human consumption of organ meat and fermented foods reduced our colon sizes and significantly reduced our requirements to generate our own b12.

Muscle tissue is actually pretty poor in b12 comparatively. And many vegans out there are just as deficient in fiber as those on SAD. I'm not saying deficient in terms of quantity, but variety which is the biggest indicator of gut health.

One of the fatties I trained about 6 years ago was a vegan and refused to eat meat or eggs.
>"I eat plenty of healthy food. "
Microwave frozen meals and coconut milk.
Her bloodwork came back b12 deficient which anyone could have predicted. When I switched her fat ass to whole foods which included a wide variety of families that b12 deficiency disappeared.

Carbs for the most part are unnecessary.

GRAINS are ESPECIALLY useless. They are a famine food. If there is a severe shortage of food, you eat grains. It will make you feel like absolute AIDS but it will give you energy to survive.

Things like bananas, sweet potatoes, fruits and legumes have nutrients in them. This is as good as it gets when it comes to carbohydrates. However, these items should still be heavily moderated and used SPARINGLY.

>what is retinol
>what is menaquinone
>what is a plethora of amino acids
>what is a plethora of minerals from sea food

Sorry, meant for

yes you need carbs on ketosis and to build muscle. ketosis is just adaptation from glucose to fats. I eat peanut butter that i makes myself and it helps at the gym. Its over indulgence of carbs that leads to weight gain. just have to moderate yourself.

There is nothing wrong with carbs and if you think otherwise you are very misinformed. There are good carbs (oats,rice,potatos etc) and bad carbs from processed foods (soda, ice cream, pastries cookies etc) . Carbs get a bad rep because people tend to over eat them and gain weight. A single cup of rice has over 300 cals and a cup isn't a lot. Pasta has a lot of carbs and tons of calories for how little it makes. Excess carbs don't make you fat, excess calories do. Yes, carbs can be stored as fat but that takes more energy to do so and your body would rather store them in your muscles and liver first. Eat carbs in the morning and around your workouts and they won't cause fat gain. If you can't resist some then at least include some protein with your carbs.