Crunchy knees

Who here crunchy knees? No pain, just the sound of someone stepping on spilled breakfast cereal when I bend my knee.

Am I confirmed for a wheelchair at 40?

Attached: 1527379544735.jpg (500x411, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-SQ3F9mqIOc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same here, explanations?

Attached: 1527313680655s.jpg (191x250, 4K)

Apparently it's crepitus and we shouldn't worry if there is no pain. But I feel like this is just the beginning of the problem.

definitely concerning, while on the topic why do I feel like a needle pierced through my knee when i kick, can't see doc for a bit so.. any thoughts

Not sure about that man, I'd hesitate to use Doctor Google when it comes to pain. I'd speak to a doctor whenever you're able to.

Bad news for you. Sound means than there is a skeleton indide you. One day he will get out.

Attached: Android17POEU.png (640x480, 263K)

>there is a skeleton indide you
Dont even joke about such things user

ye i crunch

If its like little cracking or snapping its normal.

>there is a skeleton inside you
are you calling me skinny dyel eater?

do people actually save these kinds of images to their computer?

Same, I've been having it recently
I try to modify my form and then it is gone. Maybe I need more warmup?

I don't care what anyone says that shit is not normal, and we shouldn't wait till it becomes a problem

As others have pointed out already, crepitus is fairly common and there are various possible causes for it. Degenerative changes in both the bone and cartilage can be the underlying causes, but there is also the less dramatic possibility of inflammation of the IT-band. Without further information on where on the knee the grinding noise comes from, it is difficult to make an educated guess. Is it laterally (outside) or between patella and the femural condyles? Does it appear when extending the knee and if so, does it get worse when extending under load? Do you get a grinding noise when you get into the pigeon pose (look up if unknown)?

Answer these and I might help you further narrow it down.

t. Orthopedic surgeon in training.

Dude, there are straigth guys here who save pictures of naked muscular men, it's /fit.

Check if your knees are coming forwards at the bottom of the squat, think the rippletits term is knee slide. I had pain just below the knee cap before I fixed this.

OP here, thanks for the reply.

>Is it laterally (outside) or between patella and the femural condyles?
It's hard to tell but it seems like it's coming from around the top part of my kneecap. I'd say inside rather than outside.

>Does it appear when extending the knee and if so, does it get worse when extending under load?
It only ever happens when I squat all the way down on my toes (like when I go to pick something up), only in my right knee as well. I don't get the problem when I slav squat for example, or at any other time.

I've never tried the pigeon pose, I'll have to give it a shot when I have time.

foam roll your legs.
will hurt as fuck and you will need to do it every other day for at least am onth. when it stops hurting you will be fine.

>will hurt as fuck
I don't have pain though, is that necessary?

Does it make the grinding sound as you come up or as you go down and how long have you had this problem?

And does it feel sore or hot (inflamed) when you squat repeatedly?

It might be a patellar maltracking problem caused by imbalances in the quadriceps and tightness in the hip flexors. This can lead to femoral torsion which in turn forces the patella to grind on the femoral condyles (one of them).

If you haven't had it for too long and you don't get any pain from it, I'd try working the quads and stretching the hip flexors. Google it, there's plenty of resources.

If you see no improvement, an MRI scan might be needed to see if there are any degenerative changes visible in the knee. It might also be that your joint surfaces are somewhat incongruent or rough, but this would lead one to expect all your joints to have that tendency?

Not OP but have same issue, it only occurs at the bottom of the squat: youtube.com/watch?v=-SQ3F9mqIOc
Form has improved massively since then. What you say about the quads and hip flexors makes sense to me, I seem to have quite bad APT, probably linked to the same issues.

>Does it make the grinding sound as you come up or as you go down
When I come up

>And does it feel sore or hot (inflamed) when you squat repeatedly?
Just did a series of squats, no pain or redness. What would inflammation indicate?

>how long have you had this problem?
I feel like I've had it a while but I've only really started thinking about it as a problem a couple days ago

>I'd try working the quads and stretching the hip flexors
Thanks man, quads are good but I haven't specifically targeted the hip flexors. I'll give it a shot.

>but this would lead one to expect all your joints to have that tendency?
Just this one knee.

It might be worth mentioning that my mum got arthritis around mid 30's.