Is there anything wrong with a high protein, low fat, low carb diet for weight loss...

Is there anything wrong with a high protein, low fat, low carb diet for weight loss? I'm trying to aim for over 50g carbs and 20g fat.

Attached: best-protein-powder-1525983450.jpg (768x512, 52K)

Good luck with your malnutrition goals of 2018

you don't need more than 150-200g of protein unless you are a literal beast mode or you feel your muscles sore all the time

better high fat low carb for a quick cut and upping the carbs slowly for the bulk

kidney failure maybe?

shitty hormonal profile

but it's for weight loss
i dont lift and im a woman

>50g
>high protein
Hey guys, I found a manlet!

sorry i meant under 50g carbs and under 20g fat

your body is going to tranform some of that protein into glucose through neoglucogenesis so its simply retarded

just stay on a caloric defecit if you are not gonna lift, all those fancy diets will feel restrictive and make you go back to old bad habits very fast IMO unless you are really motivated then i would recommend Intermittent Fasting and Ketogenic diet. Try them and if you can't imagine pulling them off for a long time drop them imo

but he/you said 50g carbs in the original post. Am I being baited?

Attached: 1521489616811.png (1548x1468, 124K)

but i want to lose fat only not fat and muscle

then you have to lift AND stay on a small caloric defecit

Attached: 1892093_1.jpg (630x630, 114K)

your body will just turn the protein into carbs but it takes two grams for protein for a single carb so youre just getting empty calories

>thinking low fat is good for you
retard

Gout maybe

never said that dummy

He just needs to chuck in a multi vitamin

SOMEONE HELPP

Enjoy your hemorrhoids
Enjoy shitting blood from tearing your intestines
Enjoy the constipation
Enjoy feeling like shit
Enjoy not having enough energy to do anything
Enjoy having all that excess protein convert to fat
Enjoy dialysis because you ingested so much protein that your kidneys start leaking protein and fail
Enjoy dying early because of reduced quality of life due to dialysis

Attached: 1527983533345.png (598x566, 71K)

High protein diets are hard on the body, particularly the kidneys

psyllium husk
caffeine
im eating at a deficit
???

That sounds like protein poisoning user

>20g of fat
good luck with your test levels, user :)

Attached: aputhonk.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Better make sure that those are some quality fats or else u gon die if you keep this up.

If you get like 10 g of Linoleic acid, 2 g of ALA/Omegas you can keep going with that diet for a while at least.

If it's 20 grams of worthless saturated or monounsaturated fat that your body can't do shit with other than use for fuel you're going to wreck yourself.

better just fucking cut out carbs all together and get the calories from fats. There are essential amino acids (protons) and essential fatty acids (dietary fat), but there are no essential carbs. Think about that for a second.

For the amount of protein you'll be eating, your small amount of psyllium husk won't do much.
As for the caffeine, it's a fucking horrible stimulant, hits hard and fades fast, and tolerance increases pretty quickly with a steady intake like you'll have you have to actually have energy all day. Towards the end of the day after all the caffeine intake too, you'll crash like no other.
So what about your deficit? What are you trying to get at with that? The destroyed kidneys and dialysis, or what?

how am i going to die with 100g protein a day?

you need fat bro.
look up rabbit starvation.

Nigga at least get yourself 30 g of walnuts for the 10 g Linoleic and 2 g ALA. I tried something similar earlier and sure..it works for a while and you shred fat like crazy but don't keep it up for too long.

>your body is going to tranform some of that protein into glucose through neoglucogenesis so its simply retarded
it is retarded to believe that body transforms so much protein in glucose, the amount is miniscule, else people wouldn't die from rabbit starvation.

where did you get the idea that 10:2 is a good ratio for omega 6:3 fats?

Retarded and pointless.

You're a woman, you have no muscle

So your plan is to eat 100g protein, 50g carbs, and 20g fat, or in other words about 800kcal per day?

yes

Literally eggs senpai, just eat eggs

It’s retarded you lazy mong. Just eat less and make yourself some meat and veggies.

that's exactly what my plan is tho

femanon's fat loss plan (tm)

100g protein, 50 g carbs, 20 g fat

breakfast
coconut protein pancakes

lunch
buffalo chicken salad or honey mustard chicken salad

dinner
ovaltine protein shake

snack
greek yogurt
maybe berries if im dying

Unless you're a 200kg hamplanet this is just silly. If you're anywhere near a normal weight just do a normal diet at -400 or -500.

Do what's maintainable for you: in terms of making you feel at ease and your budget. All diets function the same: caloric deficit.

you'll feel like shit.
you'd feel a lot better on 80g protein + 80g fat, and you'd lose more weight too.

So what do you eat then. A lot of conflicting information here.

Fatty meat and fish, eggs, and vegetables.

Why is aton of fat important? That will ruin my deficit

to burn fat, you need to be in ketosis.
if you eat protein and enough fat, you'll continually be in ketosis. this makes it easy for your body to switch from burning dietary fat to body fat.
80g protein and 80g fat will still only be 1040 kcals.
you will lose weight with that.
because switching to a keto diet fixes hormone levels, you'd lose fat (and gain lean mass) even if you ate at maintenance.

50 g carbs isn't low enough for ketosis?

>to burn fat, you need to be in ketosis.

This is what keto cultists ACTUALLY believe.

>to burn fat, you need to be in ketosis.
>this makes it easy for your body to switch from burning dietary fat to body fat

Attached: 1525697297705.png (856x846, 85K)

Google Rapid Fat Loss Handbook by Lyle McDonald if you're serious about high protein, low fat, low carb. It's called protein sparing modified fasting or PSMF. It's extremely effective for short-term weight loss/crash dieting, not as good in the long term unless you have good willpower. But if you had good willpower, you wouldn't need to crash diet to begin with.

no, and especially not if you're eating less than 800 kcals.

How does a low cal diet inhibit ketosis? Never read that before

How much do you weigh?

it's not about the low cals, it's about the ratio of fats:(protein+carbs).
if you're eating low fat, 20 g in this case, the body can't really adapt to burning fat.
there's a lot more protein and carbs, 150 g in this case, which is why the body will then preferentially burn glucose.
when the glucose is used up, the body will change to ketosis. the diet only inhibits ketosis for parts of the day, not the whole day. e.g. you'll get into ketosis at night when you sleep.

Then where is the body getting energy from on a deficit when not in ketosis?

hormonal imbalances and lack of energy, probably some diseases after your lack of vitamins and minerals

Im taking a multi, fish oil and psyllium/oat fiber

>excess protein
dude i bet he/she is going to get more than 130g of protein
>kidney failure
massive bodybuilders that eat 300g of protein or more everyday for years don't have kidney failure, imagine a manlet/woman

if you eat mostly carbs and protein, your body will first decrease your TDEE to match the lowered caloric intake. this difference can range from negligible to substantial, depending on the person.
in the periods where glucose from the diet (and stored glucose from liver and muscles) don't provide enough energy, lipolysis of body fat will occur because of a drop in insulin levels. when you sleep, this usually results in ketosis.

OP, start fasting right now, eat from 12 to 7pm, sleep early and you won't feel hungry, specially if you work at a desk job.
Eat at least 100g of protein, it will help you keep full for longer, you'll need at least 40g of fats to keep your hormones kinda balanced and get all your carbs from veggies like brocoli, aspargus, cauliflower, kale, arugula and spinach
yeah, you'll suffer a lot with a diet this low on calories, but you chose that

>300g protein a day is considered high
>I eat a lb of chicken breast daily with my dinner
>Could easily do it for breakfast too if I had the time in the morning to prepare it

You dont have muscle. You dont lift.

Sounds like you're a beginner OP. Don't fall for meme diets, eat clean and eat balanced. Lift fucking weights, and if you're trying to lose weight do cardio too.

Eat trail mix for healthy fats. Eat sweet potatoes for carbs. Eat chicken for protein. Eat spinach. Greek yogurt is decent to satisfy sweet cravings if you get them.

If you do all this, you will lose fat and build muscle simply because you're new and your body is going to get fucking shocked. After like 6 months of doing it consistently though, you will notice snail progress. At that point I recommend going more cardio if you still wanna lose weight. Otherwise, bulk.

>But you make it sound so simple!
That is because it literally is that simple. Counting macros isn't necessary if you aren't a very advanced lifter already in good shape looking to get a very specific body/lift #.

>eat clean and eat balanced
These are such empty words.
You can make them mean anything.

...Which is why I included a few examples.

Attached: 1508164213332.jpg (1024x663, 54K)

Yes. Too much protein will fuck up your kidneys. So you'll have to choose between fucking up your kidneys or being on a severe caloric deficit and waste muscle tissue. Eat some fat and carbs you fucking faggot

I managed to be in ketosis despite not eating a lot of fat and under 50g carbs. I would increase fat a bit though, 20g sounds like too little.