Who is your gym nemesis?

For me it is this powerlifter guy

He is super strong and mogs me but that's not the issue, the issue is he always hogs our ONLY bench when I have chest and puts 150 pounds for 2 reps....

one day i did this devilish action
>doing ohp
>he comes to the gym
>he leaves his bag next to the bench
>goes to talk to the trainer
>I put his bag away and hog the bench for 25 minutes

Attached: This+calls+for+devilish+baby+pepe+_91df2f1ef8d6b13574f05c4f38c5eadc.png (225x225, 9K)

Some spandex wearing kettlebell douche. Zero manners and an air of undeserved arrogance - body is pretty legit tho. Flex on him daily, though, as he continues his workout past 8:45, and I walk past him omw to a well paying job dressed like an absolute stud

I kinda wish I had nemesis to break the monotony, my last potential one fucking annoyed me staring at me when I was doing some shitty cable isolations for a first time and commenting on how I should do them. He is 2pl8 squatter. Though some time later I kinda ended up chatting with him. I haven't seen him for a long time.

The fat kid who hogs the fucking bench while waiting 10+ minutes between sets

>he is super strong
>he does 150 pounds for two reps on bench
Did you mean kilo? Because anyone is able to bench 150 after their first couple months

My gym nemesis is a complete fucking cunt.

>dyel-looking faggot
>always right where I want to be
>moves my shit around
>refuses to spot me
>often doesn't clean up after himself
>acts like a tough guy when pulling baby weight

Home gym master race btw

>after their first couple months
You mean minutes right? Because all it takes is a warm up to bench 150 on your first day.

what you do nigger?

>nemesis?
My own limits.

I don't have any nemesis, but there is one guy who is a the gym for like three hours every time and it always makes me feel self concious when i come and leave before he's even done

This old guy I nicknamed "the ghoul" in my head
>like 60 years old
>no muscle mass at all
>literally a fucking skeleton
>looks like one of the undead from Dark Souls
>skin white as paper
>can somehow still shoulder press 50lb dumbbells
>can use the row machine for an indefinite amount of time
>has unlimited endurance
>sweats all over the place like a bag of milk
>always ends up on the bench next to me no matter what time I go to the gym
I'm scared of him, I feel like he's cursed or some shit and haunting me. He alway lifts just barely above what I do and can easily out run and row me. Dude freaks me out.

Attached: grG1Oi7kzsPzvHvTcQh35HPOhOg-FcxON45l9v-0UUk.jpg (320x383, 23K)

>doing dumbbell bench
>get up to switch dumbbells
>some guy twice my size takes bench
>wait for him to get up
>take it back
>"h-hey, i was using that"
>"no"
>he looks at the ground and doesnt talk to me when we're in the gym at the same time anymore
idc about him but i think im his nemesis

This old man that always seems to challenge me at squats. I ATG 3pl8 for 5 and this smug old bastard half reps 3pl8 with his toothpick legs. Pisses me off. Of course when I deadlift and no one challenges me there.

a fucking 70yo dyel skelly that is stronger than me

ffs he just looks like master roshi

>150 pounds for 2 reps

how is he a powerlifter when he's a weak lil bitch

There's this fucker at my gym who is literally me in terms of body type, only with slightly wider lats and has the shoulder and chest mass that i've been trying to get for years but can't seem to achieve. He's actually a nice guy, but the fact that he literally has my goal body when i've struggled and failed to get it infuriates me internally.

I joined a second gym recently for a change in environment on the weekends and two weeks into my membership HE FUCKING SHOWS UP THERE TOO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

But not all is lost, i'm 6'0" and he's 5'11"(Haha...ha......)

> wheres this fucking doppelganger that reminds me of my formel DYEL self
> did he fucking change gyms again to avoid being mogged
> god fucking damn it

> being the only one that DL , eternal champ of 2 plates

I dl 4pl8 for 3. I've hid and seen that old fuck struggle to DL 2pl8 for 2. Pathetic

> not realizing he let you win as to not to demotivate you completely

that old man is literally playing a different game breh

Attached: SANTAMARIA.gif (245x220, 668K)

>He Bursts through the wall Kool Aid man style
>THOUGHT YOU COULD HIDE, FUCKER?!

All honesty, i've got a great body from being at it for 7-8 years now bulking and cutting cycles. I've just never been satisfied with my chest or shoulder mass. Part of it is genetic, i have small parents, lucky to be as big as i am to be honest. This guy basically has my body only with pumpkin delts and and an Arnold tier chest. Everything else (Legs, arms, back (he's just slightly wider), abs we're about the same.) It drives me nuts.

> being the big boi of the family

Attached: 37.jpg (640x640, 44K)

Right, there's this guy at my gym who, without fail, always rocks up in a Rammstein shirt and the same shorts. He has an irritating voice, fairly well developed legs and a nasty beer gut.

All of this would be easily forgivable if he didn't continuously pool together 5 or 6 pairs of dumbbells in order to do drop sets of lunges. If you're training when he's there and your routine requires dumbbells between 10 and 25kg, good fucking luck because Rammstein's going to be waltzing all over the gym with them and he'll "only have 12 sets to go, man".

>he uses thin coloured powerlifting pl8s
>I use big black bumper pl8s but outlift him
Who's in the wrong here? I used to think BBPl8s intensify the mogging, but lately I've been feeling insecure when we're side by side, like he's the real deal and I'm just a phony. Again, he's strong, but I outlift him.

Attached: 1455093346420.jpg (322x279, 50K)

Fucking this

I used to have one, dude about my age who trained the same barbell exercises as me at the same time, but not always the same days. Whenever we synced up he’d always be doing everything 2.5kg heavier than me

Then I got injured so it’s fair to say he won in the end

In my gym at least, the top of the respect pyramid is olympic lifts. nobody mogs the oly dudes at my gym even though they’re not the biggest

Yep. My mom is 5'4 and my dad is 5'7. My bro is 5'8. We have no idea how i made it to 6'0" there's only one other person in my extended family who is above 5'9" and they're 6'2"

>inb4, he's your real dad

I get that all the time, but i look just like my dad.

Attached: 1521778703114.gif (205x223, 1.1M)

Why do you go to a gym with only one bench? What kind of retarded gym do you go to user?

He's you from the future

Wow I thought I was on the high end doing 3 minute rests

Underrated

You can afford to pay for two memberships ?

He is you from the future, mogging you in everything now to inspire you to ghoulhood.

The weekend gym has an offer for ten days at half the price of a monthly membership. Since i only use it on the weekends, it basically lasts a month.

But yes i could afford it if i needed two full memberships.

pretty sure I am a lot of peoples gym nemesis
I hog the bench for about 45 minutes, taking 5 minute rests, but because i'm a 5'9 148lb skinny faggot and benching 280-315 for all my sets nobody wants to work in with me even though i'm happy to share.

Attached: 1526770157813.jpg (235x215, 5K)

This 5'6 asian dude provided he's mogs me by half a pl8 but is ugly. Always looks at my weight when we're close at the squat racks and gives me looks. Too bad you will never be 6ft idiot.

Attached: 1517509760408.jpg (500x557, 42K)

>someone works harder than me and has great results

>I'll just protect my ego by defaulting to something i'm genetically born wit hand did nothing to achieve to feel better

Even if that guys a faggot you ar a bigger one kek

In more ways that one

not 150kg more like 100kg, not good with burger numbers

the town i live in is a meme town for anyone that is not a tourist, it has 0 convieniences

At my kickboxing gym there was some guy who beat the shit out of me my first time sparring last year. Some normally friendly semi-pro guy kicked the shit out of him a few months ago when he got too aggressive with him, haven't seen him in awhile, but I still want my revenge.

whenever i see half squats i go up and do ATG pause squats next to them even if it's half their weight

I don't have one I think. I'm probably the gym nemesis for a lot of others though.

I'm pretty strong for normie gyms, bench 110 lb dumbbells, squat 3 pl8 for reps when I'm not on a cut and OHP 180 easily.
Aside from that I have a pretty huge back

I honestly see nobody work harder than me in my current gym, most people are just there to do bullshit.

>that aesthetic manlet

my nemesi are the 6 older gay friends who wear tight spandex and just do meme exercises while checking out the younger guys

i’ve come up with nicknames for a few of them:

Puff Daddy
- restricts his breathing by doing a weird puff through pursed lips the entire workout, can hear him everywhere
- wears earplugs the entire workout
- uses like 4 machines at once for a cross-gym superset
- eastern european

Flappy Bird
- weighs like 120 @ 6’1
- does dowel rod good mornings at MAX SPEED
- does floor warmup exercises at MAX SPEED with no regard for form
- dresses like a 25 year old even though he’s 65

Cue Ball & 8 Ball
- always lift together
- extremely bald shiny heads, one is white the other is black

Bulge
- The tightest spandex shirt and shorts possible, it’s really inappropriate
- Never seen him do anything except seated cable chest press
- stares at me the most

also unrelated

John Cho (literally the actor who plays Harold from Harold and Kumar)
- minds his own business and is generally a bro
- asked if i was done w the squat rack and i told him sorry i’m doing deadlifts next and needed the bar

you know what this means...

From now on you have to outlast him everytime you go to the gym, even when he comes in 1 hour later than you, now you gotta stay 4 hours. He isn't your nemesis, he is motivation!

tip: 2 hour dumbell curl sessions

I don't like picking a gym nemesis anymore, something bad always seems to happen to them. Here are some examples

My shitty roommate, Jimmy
>former football player (high school)
>hadn't lifted for years, just tall and getting fat
>starts squatting with me (I had never squatted in my life)
>guy was an all-around tool, shitty to women and never cleaned up after himself
>2 weeks in, he fucks up his back trying to squat 2pl8, Apparently a bulging disc or some such. He never came back

Arnold, the quarter-squatter
>buddy looks like arnold from magic school bus
>kind of beefy but also kind of fat
>every time I see him squat he loads up 2-2.5pl8 and does the most pathetic quarter-squats
>benches 2+pl8 as well, so not a complete n00b
>only exercises I ever see him do
>next few times I saw him he completely stopped doing lower body lifts
>was benching less too
I think he snapped his shit, but IDK

Prometheus and Bob
>Prometheus: Hairy extremely ugly white guy, has a gorilla face and is maybe 5'10
>Bob: small, maybe 5'5 just kind of shrimpy and avg looking
>both guys consistent gym-goers for about two years
>both guys obviously on gear because in under a year they went from absolutely DYEL to semi-jacked and covered in pimples.
>also scream at every stage of bench press. Loud obnoxious grunts before, during, and after each rep
>during rest periods they talk loudly about "memes" and other reddit and /b/-tier crap
>Bob comes with an ugly woman who I call Bobette, still see him from time to time doing literally whatever but not getting bigger
>Prometheus stopped coming, wonder what happened to him

hahahah that's great

haha nice one!

Forex trader. Plus I’m taller than him, so I already won.

>doing street workout
>this one guy keeps coming to the park to work out when I do
>gorilla arms, his pull ups look impressive as fuark
>slightly jelly, but keep to myself
>one time doing push workout on rings
>he comes up to me and asks about the exercises, wants some tips, praises me for stuff
>says I'm strong at dips
>I tell him he's strong at pull ups
>nohomo.gif
>we become buddies
>he invites me into his workout squad
My nemesis became my ally.

this is inspirational

A fucking latino manlet with a back like a cobra and toothpick arms that is always rowing like 110 lbs grunting like crazy with some big ass headphones. I simply can't stand him.

This dude who 1/2 reps every single lift. Most recent example:

>Smith machine
>front squats
>275 pounds
>barely reaches 1/2 rep

Again he does it with everything. From main lifts, the ones he does anyways, to accessories, which are what he does most of the time.

He'll also hog a piece of equipment because he's supersetting it with somewhere across the gym, again with too much weight. He thinks he's strong which is the worst part.

stupid old ass frail man lowkey skinhead thinks he owns the gym and yells at people. always walks around the gym with chikin legs not doing shit and looks at everyone bc he's insecure. pisses me the fuk off

curious about harolds lifts

My secret admirer. Bitch keeps leaving notes on my windshield telling me I looked really good lifting whatever weight I was lifting. I don't know who the fucker is and it's driving me mental. I'm being gymstalked but it's also my driving motivation because I want to see the numbers on her notes go up.

I thought you meant that he was all in your head and that you were a schizofag

I became friends with my former gym nemesis
feels good desu

Attached: bro2.png (576x344, 176K)

A manlet and a lanklet who I call the Stronglift Brothers. They only do 5x5 SS and in the 6 months of them hogging the racks they have literally never made progress

>A manlet and a lanklet who I call the Stronglift Brothers
Have you ever said this outloud to anyone? There's a slightly autistic guy at my gym who likes to come up with nicknames for people. It's breddy cringy.

Attached: 1342677996001.png (400x389, 48K)

he mostly dicks around on machines and does curls. his physique is decent but i don’t think he’s very strong. i was surprised when he wanted to use the squat rack because i’ve never seen him use it before.

>Cue Ball & 8 Ball
that's pretty amusing

Attached: 1489795880038.png (1000x1000, 343K)

>fat kid is my gym nemesis
could you be any more dyel?

How is kickboxing? I've been thinking about getting into it

I called a guy "half squat harry" to his face. I think he hates me now. He "squats" the same weight I do and thinks he's as strong as I am.