Uhh, guys? You told me strength = size...........?

uhh, guys? You told me strength = size...........?

Attached: strength = size.jpg (1920x1080, 346K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0yODJmYz2rg
strongerbyscience.com/powerlifters-should-train-more-like-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=0yODJmYz2rg

one day his weights ae gonna roll off his shitty plate stack and he'll be seriously injured

what a stupid fucking thing to say. people who think that have never been withing 10 meters of a barbell.
although I will say that olympic lifting isn't exactly "strength"

no one told you that

Do you have the downs?

In general, it is. If that guy got bigger, he would get stronger.
However, there are also other factors at hand like the efficiency of your muscle insertions and your CNS strength. See Nuckols' article.

strongerbyscience.com/powerlifters-should-train-more-like-bodybuilders/

Show me a good looking bodybuilder who's bench press max is like 60kg, doesn't exist

He's natty, has decent traps as you would expect and you can't see his legs.
He clearly doesn't focus on bench press therefore the lack of chest and arms.

That's right goym, don't listen to fitness experts, instead listen to Jow Forums kik.... i mean autists.

Thanks. Great article. Here's your plebbit gold:

Attached: gold.jpg (259x194, 8K)

and how much he deadlifts, squats, benchpresses and overheadpresses?

Thanks. Great gold.
How can I repay you? I guess I'll post a pic of your favorite exercise.

Attached: pullups.png (1102x566, 878K)

> If that guy got bigger, he would get stronger.
the process of getting bigger interfeers with his training itself but yeah if he magically got bigger out of a sudden he would probably lift more, just not in proportion to his size.

>fitness experts
literally all of the most jacked dudes alive don't train for strength, regardless of natty status.

I have benched more than 60kg for reps as a total and complete beginner, so your scenario is retarded.

>all of the most jacked dudes alive don't train for strength
what is strongman?

they look like garbage next to bodybuilders.
inb4 >height

>he's natty
oh no no no

they just carry more bodyfat

strongmen are fat

first off, you are looking at guys that are juicing like no tomorrow, their muscles are growing literally 24/7.
Look at strength events that are drug tested or affiliated with drug tested federations, almost every single person looks average/small/skinnyfat/obese/shit.

The only ones that look good are the ones that have a bodybuildingesque type of training with a fuckton of volume, aka jesse norris, krzysztof wierzbicki and john haack up until he switched to non drug tested meets.

>big is strong therefore strong is big

Attached: images (1).jpg (402x366, 12K)

Nothing can harm him.

you're not going to make it

literally every single strengthcel on youtube that is natty looks like garbage
look up maxx chewning
now look at buffdudes lmao

Explain to me in detail how you are going to be able to produce more force without increasing your amount of muscle fibers in the muscles used.

Leave technique improvements behind. We are talking about someone who has completely mastered a movement.

the only size you'll get out of retarded heavy lifting is your waist and hips area
bro splits and arm pmping are the way to go, one day this board and the rest of the retarded fitness industry will go full circle and ditch the 5x5 compound movement minimalistic BS

buffdudes do a ton of strength training and compound movements though.

so what you're saying is, literally everyone is wrong except you and the proof of that are your tiny arms and pencil neck?

my arms and neck are actually the better parts of my physique becuse I look at everything individually, no like a retard who has no arm genes so he decides to overcompensate with crazy wide lats which makes him look ridiculous etc
>neck
>traps
>arms
that's what you need to look good + a small waist
if you cant grow those parts either hop on gear or give up on lifting because you're never look aestethetic.

oly lifters are stronger than powerlifters by a notable amount.

In terms of biomechanics and all that, there is no more possible power output than during the snatch lift.

retard strength is a thing

One of the benefits of doing a sensible compound movement based routine is exactly that it prevents muscular imbalances which are prevalent in bro-splits.

I don't care about your text book "muscle imbalances", I'm not gonna build my physiqye to look like a fridge with skinny arms because some faggot said that's the proper way to go.
All I care about is proportions, strength doesn't matter to me in the slightest, and I will build my physique exactly how I like it, not doing some stupid compund BS that will have you end up with fucked up buldging core muscles in every direction and huge tree trunk legs etc
I have more respect to someone pumping his arms everyday than to a retard who fell for the Squats+Deadlift+Pullups meme.

The problem is that many people won't be able to progress using those lifts alone. I know my chinups got stronger as soon as I started doing arm work.

Yeah you dont need strength to clean 211kg

He front squats like 230kg.

Oly lifting is more about explosive power, ie being able to use more of your muscles fibers at once, than it is strength

the weights are inanimate objects, they can't be injured

You still need to be strong to be a champion. Ilya ilyin front squats 290 kg which is insane

Attached: 1527308367089.jpg (645x729, 32K)

No doubt, but without god tier explosive power genes you will never be a champion, since afaik you can barely train it, unlike strength

size = strength potential, not actual strength

BLOATLORD VS BOGDANOFF, WHO IS THE VICTOR?

Attached: bloat-vs-bog.jpg (800x383, 65K)

>afaik
you don't know shit then

>VS

hehehehe

they are allies

fast twitch vs slow twitch, right?

if you're always working to fatigue then your muscle increase in size so they can store more glycogen and do not get fatigued as quickly

if you're just trying to move up weights then you will experience growth but not in as conspicuous a way as if you were doing a more lengthy workout

>oly lifters are stronger than powerlifters by a notable amount.

You lift like 1/3 of what a powerlifter is capable of.....

High reps, low reps they all build strength and strength is muscle size once cns adaptation seizes. Low reps are more efficient for strength gains aka muscle size.
Want to get bigger faster? Increase the sets to the maximum you can recover from.

Here you go guys, happy gains.

Can you honestly look at them and believe they are not one and the same.

>Increase the sets to the maximum you can recover from.
how do you know what that is without overtraining or injuring yourself like getting rhabdo

When you start to feel like shit everyday.

You build up to it. The best way to tell if you're overtrained is to test your grip strength. There are other less obvious signs you notice with experience.

>He's natty

You have no idea who that is, huh?

Are you stating that it can be trained then?
If you aren't, why post at all?
And if you are, then do it faggot.

wrong
powerlifters also lift with half the rom so not even comparable to an olympic lifter.

Yeah but they arent lifting 1100 lbs lol

Do the rainbow plates actually relate to a particular weight?

Like my gym has yellow 25s and orange 35s, black and red 45s. its damn exhausting to figure out how much potato weight someone is lifting off of width guessing...

>powerlifters also lift with half the rom so not even comparable to an olympic lifter.

Only on Bench press fakers

>No more possible power output
I would assume a isolation movement that maximizes your leverages would be the max output.
What do you faggots think?