Oil field recovery and maintenance

Any Jow Forumsizens in the oil field? Started working as a floor hand and I'm on my second hitch. How do I keep from feeling fatigued so I can work out.
> Doing 5 3 1 before shift
> military press with some supplemental exercises
> go to work and we are coming out of hole and laying down pipe.
> feels like I got the shit beat out of me after work
> go to sleep in shitty bunk
> wake up in bunk still feeling beat up.
> take two days to recover to where I feel I can lift
> have to move the rig and can't get to weights.
I just want to build strength and maintain it so my job will be easier.

Attached: IMG_1899.jpg (495x660, 99K)

Steroids is the only way you can do that job and still have energy to workout

steroids or just push through. After few weeks or a month your body will adjust to overload. We are much stronger and amazing then you think

Any supplements I can buy to help with recovery? I take all flex for joints but that's about it.

Nah
Actually I was about to say professional athletes do similar if not more exercises daily but that's the worst example I could have possibly thought of. Top kek
Op do roids, be patient and adjust, or eat clean as fuck to prevent your diet from holding you back. also invest in some caffeine anhydrous? I have a several kilos if you need some

Oilfield breh but with slack ass job reporting in. I'm assuming you're on a drilling rig.

You don't need roids though their use is pretty rampant. Take a strong as hell pre-workout half way through your shift if you need to.

It's only your second hitch, it will get easier and you'll adjust to it. Don't even worry about lifting while you're out there. Stack your cash, get experience, get your CDL, and move to a comfier gig like coil tubing.

Fish oil for sure. You should be slamming thread shit. Also lots of whole grains/long lasting energy food. Other than that zinc. Stay away from preworkout with amphetamine wannabes in it, you'll burn out all over again

That shit*

Also wear your fucking hearing protection god damn it.

ye, don't take to much coffee, take some fish oils, multivitamins of course, zinc. Check what you eat maybe youre deficient in magnesium like I was, it will help with recovery a lot too. Just don't forget to take magnesium before sleep it helps to relax muscles and sleep better.

Got a Class A already. What else do I need? I'm staying in the directional drillers trailer for rig move and it's FUCKING CUSHY.

And yeah working with NABORS in south Texas.

Oh shit are you in Alberta? lol me too

Get more rig (oilfield) experience and you can get hired anywhere really.

Directional drillers are usually promoted from being MWD techs. If you have some form of science-y education and rig experience you can get hired as an MWD. MWD is the fucking cushiest job on the drilling side of things.

Oh nvm thought Class A was a Canadian designation for big trucks.

I do have a degree in engineering. I worked for Halliburton as an engineer on the completion side in the gulf but got laid off in 2014. Haven't been able to get back so here I am.

God damn man, get out of there as soon as you can before you get hurt/raped. I don't see how you need to work on a rig, Texas is the busiest place in North America right now.

Go wireline ffs:

>indeed com/jobs?q=oilfield%20operator&l=Texas&vjk=55fb6c526b65ccff

Or just straight up apply to MWD jobs regardless of the 1 - 2 year requirements they want.

If I were you, I would stick to doing maxes or very low reps in the gym and then use your workday for volume. Also decrease training frequency as you need more recovery.

OP how much do you make and how can I get into this field?

Have a pulse, live in Texas, have some labour work experience.

Nobody going to point out the obvious? The dude is undereating. He's eating like he used to before he started working, and now he's probably burning twice as many calories. He's basically trying to lift the same weight on a cut.

what's the salary?

>apply online at NABORS, HnP, or Precision
> But a good pair of red wing steel toed boots with GOOD traction
> Have physical labor jobs in your background.
> Be willing to travel to Texas (I live in Louisiana and my driller (boss) lives in Mississippi. You don't have to live in Texas but if I were single and had family here I would just move here.
Some days the job is incredibly easy and not physically taxing at all others it chews you up and spits you then asks for more.

I get 21.75 an hour and work 14 on and off with opportunities to work over if I so choose
> but fuck that I'll look for something on the side at home that way I am at least home when I'm off.

how many hours per day? What's the usual earned amount after 14 on?

creatine aids recovery in addition to increasing anaerobic work capacity. also eat more food, including vegetables to get all your micros in.

12 hour shift/ 2 84 hour weeks. Do the math

Sounds cool, OP. I doubt too many people here do manly jobs though.

Not the same guy, but my friend had the same schedule, rough but what good pay. He was in ND during the winter though and it gets nasty.

Shit, that's barely 20k a year. I thought the oil field was lucrative

I'm in Alberta bud. Dealt with -49 C this winter.

Also rig pay here is a bit better. Service rig hands make 31 an hour at one company. That's in Canadian dollar though.

My pal made 80k in 8 months as an unskilled roughneck about 2 years ago.

Who did he work for?

Yeah I feel you. I live in northwestern MN and we and ND get the same polar weather systems as you guys. We hit at least -40C last winter. Dont know the exact temp

What is over time?

No idea. He worked near Williston though

Idk if I ever want to experience that. Right now we are getting 104 degree heat down here.

Idk if I ever want to experience that.

112 here today 50% humidity

where are you guys? We get maybe a couple over 100 days in a summer up here, but it gets really humid and then we have huge storms.

This. I live in Dallas and close to 100k people move here every fucking year from all over for work. With an engineering degree you should be able to get a job anywhere in Texas. The only reason you're shuffling around with that oil field shit and killing yourself is because you want to.

Use you brain for a living......you'll actually be able to exercise like a normal person without being crippled by the time you're 45. The rigs are for young guys.

How'd you all even get these jobs? I applied all over last summer, have worked on a farm my whole life, and rejected for floor hand even. Seriously thought it was because I'm white - all those big companies I applied to were plastered with diversity shit.

I worked for Nabors for a few years as a data analyst. They put me on a rig for a hitch as a floorhand as a learning exoerience. No idea how OP plans to push pipe AND lift at the same time (natty). Just lift on your days off.

I'm a mudlogger and I take home anywhere between 4-6k after taxes a month.
I'm desperately trying to find a way to make my routine work. Only thing I got is a dumbbell so least I can use that but you get so drained of energy fast. Our company man apparently goes to some basic gym near in town but since I don't know where the rig will be each time multiple memberships seems stupid.

steroids?

How much of the 84 hrs a week is ot?? Any dt?

When I worked the rigs it was over time after your regular 8 hours or after 40 a week. But we were also paid $40 a day bonus to live in camp, and an extra $1 for night shift. $140 if you have to stay in a hotel. This was Canada though.

Anything past 40 hours is overtime which is usually 1.5x of salary. Then each well gives a bonus sometimes (300 per well for my company) and a per diem of 50 as well.