So what's the deal with these things? When should you actually use them?

So what's the deal with these things? When should you actually use them?

Attached: download.jpg (278x181, 5K)

I use them for deadlifts, squats and overhead press

What benefits do they give you? I was thinking about using one for a while just to help learn how to properly brace my core. Not sure if that's retarded or not.

its retarded

Belts are a safety device designed to act as a guide for the stabilizing muscles to brace against. If you're not breathing and bracing properly(which most people aren't) you don't need this, because you wont utilize it. Rippletits has a more autistic article about it somewhere but understand what it is and why you need one(if you do) before you buy. Also don't skimp on quality. Quality belts are worth the money.

At what point do you know if you need a belt? I know people deadlift at least 600 without one.

idk but id like to say at least when u hit 1/2/3/4

They give you something to push your core muscles against, allowing you to contract them harder and in effect brace harder.
Contracting muscles, even ones unrelated to the lift you're doing (i.e. pushing down with legs in a bench press) for some reason allows you to lift heavier.
Hence since the belt allows you to push with your core harder it allows you to lift heavier than without one when used correctly.
A side effect of this is that in theory it also helps strengthen your core more than lifting without a belt, since you're pushing harder.

You never need a belt. There's people who've pulled 900 without them.

They are useful for most people though. Better force transfer = more load on the target muscles in those movements.

For prs it’s good. I don’t recommend using them every single time you lift. People get used to the belt keeping their abdomen tight and once you take it off you just let that tummy loose.

Attached: 96A4D85E-80E1-4EFC-A808-FEF526823D5E.jpg (635x635, 134K)

Personally i would advise using belt as soon as possible. Literally never trained a newbie who could brace properly and stay tight on squats or deadlifts. Slap a belt on them and after a week theyre bracing like a pro. In other words belt is perfect for teaching people how to stay tight. As for how much it adds to your lifts its really not that much maybe 5-10% at best.

There are pl guys i follow on insta with beltless prs 40-80 lbs lower than their belt pr. Also the only ones not using belt in meets are fatasses when they deadlift aka Brandon Allen.

T. Piece of shit PT

You are the worst on the planet after recruiters, HR and real estate agents

They are used to brace your core when you lift, I use it whenever I squat anything over 2 pl8s. Before your rep, you want to breathe in and expand your abs and Lower back, the belt should be tight enough that you feel some pressure, this is how you use it. It helps prevent you from going to snap city. Get a nice thick one off amazon. Don't spend more than 60 or 80.

That is a shit belt, OP, don't buy it. A belt should have an even thickness along all its length. Not this retarded shape.

Maybe because beltless prs are retarded so they dont try hard enough. As for not using belt on meets never said you shouldn't be using it just that it really doesnt add as much as people think thats why we have people lifting insane lifts beltless as well.
>t. So retarded doesnt even know how to properly use t.
Lol im not pt just someone who benches your total you dyel

I use my belt anytime I deadlift over 365 or squat over 275

Bobs belts handmakes your belt, you choose color, stitching color and you can write something on the back

Attached: 20180607_003522.jpg (4032x3024, 3.28M)

>be me
>find auction site
>selling a bunch of brand new weightlifting belts
>bid $4 on all of them
>figure I might win one by some fluke
>win all of them
What do I do with 14 weightlifting belts guys?

Sell em on eBay if they're good

It varies from person to person, but normally when you're exerting near maximal effort

Belts don't keep the abdomen tight they allow you to squeeze tighter

I can push my stomach into the belt and I've yet to have any real injuries.

My lifts are 225/345/455/550 @ 280.

I started using them early, like around a 3 plate deadlift. It proved very beneficial on my squats and deadlift and caused no problems down the line.

What happens if you dont have the belt? Will you hurt youtself, or jus not move the weight?

my dad used them :(

I feel less comfortable pulling my weights without a belt on, especially OHP. I feel like I'm one small tweak from snap city OHPing without a belt. I've seen people bench with them, but it's never helped me with bench.

most people dont brace indeed, these are the same people who wear wrist wraps like in the whole workout & dont even tight it

btw some one good a recommendation for a good belt? (EU order)

I’d say when you get decent at bracing and are comfortable with the movements. Very useful core for core stability and strength and will allow you to get stronger. I always warm up in belted and strap in for anything above 3pl8

I only wear a belt if I'm squatting or doing OHP. It's there to protect you and increase your training longevity, plus you can lift more weight with one

They can increase your utilization of stabilizer muscles, or so the research says. I've can pull 5 plate with one on or off, but I like the way my core feels better with one on.

On the second to last warmup set and onward.