Running is the dumbest form of exercise known to man

Running is the dumbest form of exercise known to man.

>boring as fuck
>uncomfortable as fuck
>barely burns calories
>horrible for your feet
>literally PROMOTES muscle breakdown

Attached: full-body-skeleton.jpg (1253x901, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yurielkaim.com/jumping-rope-vs-running/
baye.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/totalconditioning.pdf
jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=403120
ajs.sagepub.com/content/18/4/379.short
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16790540
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18550323
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9489830
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4939291/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Arnold used to run alot, pleb.

>barely burns calories

Attached: d3eccdf167ebb1767b24b759dd3e4d11--daily-news-search.jpg (236x238, 21K)

I'd rather run and do cardio than lift weights, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

t. someone who can't run
OR
t. someone who runs and therefore can't notice the sleep/mood/cardiac gains they are getting

Instead of making a new thread I'll ask here: any good sites for finding info on how well adidas/NB are for actually running? Most of the shit I find is just sneakerheads talking about how they look.

What about sprinting

> promotes muscle breakdown

sure if you're the kind of idiot who only reads about catabolism out of context

heres a hint: catabolic processes are hand in hand with anabolic processes. Lifting weights also promotes muscle breakdown, but the anabolic effects usually outweigh the effect assuming the person is hormonally healthy and isnt training in ridiculous volumes.

But actually I agree running is a stupid form of exercise if you are aware there are much better methods of cardiovascular conditioning.

How are posts this shitty and ignorant still around on 2018 Jow Forums? if youre really that much of a bitch just use an elliptical. there should be a seperate Jow Forums for children

Why not do both?

I run for an hour a day and it's great
>comfy time to listen to music and clear your mind
>burns 800kcals/hour
>great for cutting quickly without going into a starvation tier diet
>improves stamina massively for boxing
>don't need worry about my feet because my gf doesn't have a fetish for them

it's true, jogging became a recreational sport through marketing

Like wat
Wats a better method of cardio conditioning u faget
U faget
U faget

Hey still me. Have i called u faget yet?

>there are much better methods of cardiovascular conditioning
Such as?

You sound like a pussy, OP.

I asked it better
lol SQUISH SQUISH SQUIRT

jump rope

If running is important why are niggers the best at it?

Attached: 330D9D2F-E587-4438-965F-27176E825052.png (640x712, 13K)

Swimming is the goat cardio. Hands down, no argument.

Cycling outside casually is goat transportation (no spandex faggots who think they own the road and travel in packs of 50)

Steppers are goat indoor cardio when the other two don't work.

Running is a last option for idiots who want to waste their knees like powerlifters but without any of the strength or hypertrophy.

With that said, my respect for runners is much greater than sedentary retards.

Correct - it was encouraged to sell a lifestyle and the leisurewear associated with it, much in the same way yoga is for women today. Most things in the norm is fitness world are there because of marketing and they stick around because it takes a long time for trends among the active and affluent to trickle down to everyone else. CrossFit is currently undergoing that process.

Take a long walk off a short pier

yurielkaim.com/jumping-rope-vs-running/

This. Marketing >all in fitness.

jump rope is shit compared to running

lol

fuck off and go play some hopscotch as well ya sissy fagzord

I will. I'll play strip hopscotch with your son.

user jr will fuck ur shit up boi

it's a horrible form of exercise op is right for once. it's only the mega pleb people you see jogging

Attached: nacho homer.gif (300x225, 725K)

user jr gon choke on this hog

>t. actual fatass

pleb runner getting mad

Runrepeat.com

>I run for an hour a day
not without injuring yourself you dont

It's the only useful form of exercise. Instant application on IRL situations. I have been running through my university's corridors to get to places quicker, and, save running into a few people and making them angry, it only has advantages. I run everywhere.

If you're too dumb for good form, sure.

The only way you injure yourself running an hour a day is if you're a new runner just like how progressing through weight quickly can give you a trip to snap city

Really makes me think how many people on Jow Forums are actually fit

How many people on /fa/ are actually /fa/ how many people on /ck/ actually knows how to cook how many on /his/ actually knows history, answer none of them.

Nobody ever complains about having too much gas in their tank and being not tired

Running down mountain trails or in the woods improves your reflexes and reaction time.
It's also a fun way to explore places/forests.
Running in circles around a stadium is boring and not the best way to lose weight.

i still dont believe you. you are probably doing the powerwalk-jog thing that fat people do

Attached: 1518144821334.jpg (225x225, 13K)

Attached: 534567fbd1516.png (256x256, 66K)

someone post the running wojak at a party please

I just see people running who have no business running. People who spend their entire life sitting down and then decide one day, hey, whats missing in my life is running 30 mins a day.

Then they go outside, heel-striking every step, slamming their legs into rock hard asphalt, microfracturing every bone from the waist down, while their atrophied back and severely misshapen spine works like hell to keep them upright.

Do not run if you are one of those people

>tfw perfect midfoot striking position
>flawless high-heel cycling
>arms always active yet relaxed and never NEVER cross over body
god i love form-mogging those people

I do

HIT for one thing, with the science to back it up:

baye.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/totalconditioning.pdf

from a military study at west point

if you dont want to read i will summarize

HIT is more or less a fully body resistance training program using machines (it can be done with barbells but would probably be much less safe on some exercises since the intention is to go to absolute muscular failure), and is one set per exercise, carried out to absolute "momentary muscular failure" (which often involves forced reps and negatives), with no rest inbetween the exercises.

they pitted this against the predominant prescription training of the day, particularly for the military, which was aerobics (aka a lot of fucking running) and the HIT group smoked the aerobics group on absolutely every measure of fitness, including the aerobic components.

the caveat of such a training method is it is so brutally hard that the average person will never apply it consistently without someone there to force them to do so. But the principles could still be applied to someones weight training: simply stop being lazy inbetween exercises, and just go like a fucking madman. You'll probably puke the first few times.

Kek

everyone has business running. 30 mins of running is exactly what people sat down all day are missing. if they keep it up they'll probably fix form. fuck off you elitist prick, this is what we were born to do

Your bones is shit eat more calcium you soiboi

oh i forgot to add, apart from being better for conditioning overall, having far greater improvements and taking less time overall, the reason it is better than running above all else is because resistance training conducted properly (without any "explosive" nonsense or squatting with a barbell on a bosu ball and such, or jerking the weights around) doesnt stress the joints.

running on the other hand, is hugely impactful on the joints, particularly with the volume you need to do to achieve significant progress.

> appeal to nature
> naturalistic fallacy

miss me with that gay shit

Yup. There are enough studies confirming this.

this isnt philosophy, sweety. this is physiology. it is fact. go jerk yourself off elsewhere

This is a cardio thread, right?
I've been thinking of replacing my warm-up runs with work on a rowing machine. I know it's less actual cardio, but I'm doing it for the muscle workout as well. How much am I losing out on?

umm, yes, but is there cheaper form of cardio? to start running you need only around 50euros for shoes
>also you pay with your knees in long run, but YOLO

> we're born to run man

says the guy spending many hours of his day doing activities his ancestors never engaged in, using technologies they could not even begin to comprehend, using medicine to stave off diseases that wouldve decimated their populations, and having easy access to such nutritious food on a regular basis

yeah, nah, you're just stupid cunt

as i offered earlier in the thread, resistance training carried out to momentary muscular failure, the whole body, with no rest in between the exercises has far greater improvements in CV fitness, and is far far less impactful on the joints.

ideally it would be conducted with machines or barbells, but there is no reason the principles cant be applied to bodyweight training.

OP translated:

>>boring as fuck
>ONLY WHAT I FIND FUN IS FUN! WHAT YOU LIKE IS BORING!

>>uncomfortable as fuck
>I have shit form.

>>barely burns calories
>I ran 100m and only burned 5 calories. This shit sucks at burning calories.

>>horrible for your feet
>my form is shit

>>literally PROMOTES muscle breakdown
>i have zero proof of this because I don't know anything about energy systems used in running like how it uses glycogen already in the muscles and how it can derives it from fat also

>>also you pay with your knees
jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=403120
>We did not find an increased prevalence of osteoarthritis among the runners. Our observations suggest, within the limits of our study, that long-duration, high-mileage running need not be associated with premature degenerative joint disease in the lower extremities.

ajs.sagepub.com/content/18/4/379.short
>a lifetime of long distance running at mileage levels comparable to those of recreational runners today is not associated with premature osteoarthrosis in the joints of the lower extremities

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16790540
>Long-distance running might even have a protective effect against joint degeneration

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18550323
>Long-distance running among healthy older individuals was not associated with accelerated radiographic OA. These data raise the possibility that severe OA may not be more common among runners.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9489830
>The presence of radiographic hip OA and the progression of radiographic knee OA was similar for older runners and nonrunners.

Tl;dr-- it has a protective effect.

>says the guy spending many hours of his day doing activities his ancestors never engaged in, using technologies they could not even begin to comprehend, using medicine to stave off diseases that wouldve decimated their populations, and having easy access to such nutritious food on a regular basis

what the fuck does that have to do with anything you retard? what point are you trying to make? we are literally designed for long-distance running

>know it's less actual cardio
Who the fuck says this? The time your HR is elevated is the same. It kay not directly translate to other forms of cardio, but it's not "less" cardio.

Stop listening to lifters. They know absolute shit abput cardio because they do so minimal.

Attached: ea3.png (500x730, 155K)

Rekt

>no "my feet hurt"
6/10 alright meme.

this is an appeal to nature fallacy. its a logical error, which makes you a moron

you're not "designed" to do anything. You're not designed to run any more than you were designed to be a stone throwing bipedal ape for all of existence.You have a brain (well maybe not in your case) and you have the ability to logically examine problems and come up with better solutions.

if conditioning is the goal, there are better methods than running. I have already demonstrated this in the thread. Continue to use the inferior method if you wish.

>we have livers, we're designed to drink with every meal
>we have tailbones, we're designed to have tails
>we have appendices, we're designed to shit out all our gut flora

i already told you that fallacy doesn't apply. call it a logical fallacy all you like if that makes you feel smart, doesn't make it one. you are just arguing semantics - "dude just because we are optimised for endurance running it doesnt mean we HAVE to do it lol" no, but it means it has been a key factor in our evolution

>Endurance in running is a key feature in our evolutionary success as a species
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4939291/

Wait does cardio make me sweat less? Really?

Not the person you are discussing here, just wanted to make the following assertions:
a) That is not what the nature fallacy is;
b) Even if it was, you are an asshat for pointing fallacies on an african rock exchanging forum.
c) And considering how it wasn't, that sort of makes you even more of an asshat
d) You're also a pseudo.

>it has been a key factor in our evolution
Nobody's saying it wasn't. What we're saying is that the fact that it helped us get this far doesn't mean we have to keep doing it.
The telegraph was a key factor in communication's evolution, but that doesn't mean we still use it. If there exists a better method to obtain the same result, then we can and should do that. Even if it only provides the same benefits, it doesn't make the method we've been using inherently better.

>boring as fuck
Not really. It gets you outside, see the sites, a nice trail, a nice river or lake to run by, the city skyline. All can be seen on a run. If you want you can bring some music along too.

>uncomfortable as fuck
Only if you're going too fast which most beginners do at first. Run slower and pick up the pace during appropriate runs during a training program.

>barely burns calories
Burns about 100 calories per mile.

>horrible for your feet
My feet are fine. Buy good shoes

>literally PROMOTES muscle breakdown
It does?

>But actually I agree running is a stupid form of exercise if you are aware there are much better methods of cardiovascular conditioning.

Depends on your goal. For lifters who want cardio HIT is the parroted mantra around here. It does the job but they won't be faster or have the endurance of someone who runs more if it's the only thing they do. If you want to run faster and longer you're going to have to do a lot more than just HIIT.

>resistance training carried out to momentary muscular failure, the whole body, with no rest in between the exercises has far greater improvements in CV fitness, and is far far less impactful on the joints.

Lol

>epends on your goal. For lifters who want cardio HIT is the parroted mantra around here.

HIT is NOT the parroted mantra here. HIT =/= HIIT, two entirely different things. Try reading.

> It does the job but they won't be faster or have the endurance of someone who runs more if it's the only thing they do.

the west point study and about 10 Phds disagree with you. I'll stick with the evidence, cheers.

the only reason to prefer running is because you actually enjoy the activity or because you are competing in a sport where it is necessary to practice the SKILLS involved with competitive running.

Another "I shall shitpost and REEE autistically at anything that people do and works for them and I don't, nor enjoy"

Dude, it's not that big of a deal and your body strengthens to take the blows. I've been running no less than a 5K a day for two years and I do two 10 milers a week. I typically average a 8:30 pace per mile too. Running at a brisk pace for an hour is almost the norm for runners and not challenging at all.

Running isn't a fucking mutant power. It's just something that gets progressively easier as you go because you LEARN through doing. Simple as that.

>What we're saying is that the fact that it helped us get this far doesn't mean we have to keep doing it.

maybe not. but if it has got us this far, it is obviously beneficial. and you can't really compare technological advancement to millions of years of natural evolution

You are the dumbest form of dyel known to Jow Forums.

I know there are superior forms of cardio for weight loss and conditioning but running just makes me feel good, relaxed and I like being outside

>accelerating your gains into nerds and nebbichs
nice

Running is not so bad. The thing is, most people run on the streets or at best in a park. Our joints aren't made to handle the kind of impact you get from running on concrete or asphalt.

I'd say running on soft ground for medium distances is acceptable, but those guys running for an hour each fucking day are going to fuck up their knees for sure.

I enjoy running and stretching...and haven't neglected my weights...I just need to focus on diet...

Joints and tendons are strengthened by progressive overload the same as muscles, just on a slower timeline. If you don't overdo it running is good for your joints

Alas, M’sir, thou are truly too intellectual for these sheeple.

Well playe’d, debunking these silly fallacies

xDD

Attached: CA8C9F8B-897F-452A-AB80-385631EA72F1.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

It's OK if your form is perfect from the start and you don't go too fast too early. Work up to it. Don't over stride.

I can only go fast at the start, after a while my form starts falling apart and I can only go slow

>the virgin fallacy

>the chad-hominem

bro i think you got it all wrong

running is the best form of cardio without a doubt

swimming makes you look like a huge pleb in the water with your gay speedo and goggles and spitting and gasping with some 9-per-hour lifeguard watching you pretend to be a non-autistic version of michael phelps

biking is fucking great...if you want to shove a hard piece of plastic into your balls like a fucking transexual with your homo spandex and gay little bike helmet and hand signals and holding up motherfucking traffic like a huge douchebag

walking is for old ladies and men who have to take their wives' dogs out to shit

rucking without some kind of active military credential is pants-on-head tryhard retarded and you look like some homo who just couldn't cut it and now has to stockpile pork and beans in the basement while waiting for the apocalypse like some weirdo

that leaves running, which is fucking clutch

advanced speed running is the ultimate mog because no one can touch you and you look boss while you do it

you slow niggers are used to seeing shitty runners, but when you see a real motherfucking flash who supplements lifting with middle-distance thoroughbred shit, you'd get mogged so hard that you'd delete your facebook and reevaluate your life

oakley sunglasses, no shirt, forefoot strike, 3mm shoe sole, abs like a motherfucker, six-minute miles, and everyone cannot help but stop and stare

i run like a motherfucking greek god three days a week, rain or shine, and i look like i'm carved out of tittyfucking marble, nigger

speed and strength are two sides of the same coin

neglect either at the cost of your physique and overall health

>t. DYER and cardiolet who wants to avoid cardio so he ridicules it
You imply runners cannot have fun. Go to a hash or trail running. In fact, run in a trail (non rail-trail) race. Do sone group runs. Do 800m repeats. There's so many variations that it's fucking ridiculous.

Even if you do not enjoy it, there's tons of alternatives. Rowing and cycling are great alternatives.

>he's that shirtless douche guy

Attached: laughing whore running.jpg (866x1300, 204K)

bro...

you spend more time on this forum oogling pictures of shirtless dudes than you spend fucking chicks...

...and you wanna show #fakehate for Jow Forums guys who run shirtless

very cool of you, my man

Glad someone put this thread in the trash. Long story short none of you faggots can complain when running a 5k a week. This amount of running is fine. Stop talking broscience we all need cardio there are other forms then running. Stop talking shit about running and go out and run more then your mouth.

/End thread

Humans are literally the perfect running organism. It is our defining physical trait.

Your body becomes more efficient, and you don't have to exert yourself as much.

Do you call everyone you meet a chucklehead and jump in mid-air as well?

loling at the guy in this thread who hurt himself attempting to run one time so he literally cannot believe people run without getting hurt

Running doesn't waste your knees unless you do it 5 days a week like many retards do I.E. cross country runners, marathon runners, etc.

If you run like 2-3 times a week with rest days (lifting days) in-between you'll be fine. Knees blowing out is mostly genetic anyway.

>HIT is NOT the parroted mantra here. HIT =/= HIIT, two entirely different things.

Oops. Looks like I was conflating the two to an extent.

>the west point study and about 10 Phds disagree with you. I'll stick with the evidence, cheers.

You do realize they compared the control group to the HIT group right? They didn't compare those that trained HIT to other forms of cardio like running, swimming, or cardio. It was conventional control group vs. Wholebody HIT group so of course those that did HIT outperformed those in the control group in the cardio vascular fitness testing. Try reading.

> running, swimming, or cardio.
*or other cardio