Stop giving manlets bad advice

Stop giving manlets (people below 5'9) bad advice on how to get big.

I came across a young man posting on here about how to lift for someone who's 5 foot 8 (same height as me) and the advice one of the main commenters gave him was basically don't even think about doing isolations because according to this 'expert' shorter men's arms blow up to the size of a professional bodybuilder and they look out of proportion if they so much as think about doing a curl or tricep extension. This is of course untrue. If you want big arms whether you're 5'2 or 6'3 you're going to have to do isolations on the arms after the heavy compounds and unless you're doing gear then you won't ever look out of proportion unless all you do is curls and tricep extensions 4 dash a week and nothing else.

The height of a man has nothing to do with how things look, the only 'advantage' manlets have is that we don't have to eat as much as taller men to put on the size, however, taller men will look exactly the same as shorter men once they reach the same level, they'll just be taller. They won't look skinny or any of that bollocks that is spouted on here.

Attached: 20180607_181611.jpg (1824x1846, 721K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8450591
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is clearly misinformation, if you're under 5'6 you have magical powers that make your arms grow rapidly

I'm 5'7 and my arms grow rapidly

>The height of a man has nothing to do with how things look
What is muscle length?

The muscle will be longer bit aesthetically it will look the same as the shorter man's is my point.

Telling shorter men not to do isolations is fucking awful advice.

Official Jow Forums Police officer here. You mean someone was giving misinformation here?! That's terrible. It's very rare but it does happen. Do you have his post numbers or anything I can back trace him with?

Post arms for us to judge rather than just staying a likely lie.

They should do isolations, because as you said that is bad advice but a shorter frame puts on the same amount of muscle as a taller frame, just that the taller individual will have a larger potential lean body mass in proportion to their height. Your body regardless if you are 5'2 or 6'2 can put on the exact same mass of muscle cleanly so what does that mean? That means cross sectional volume of muscle is bigger on a shorter individual because the mass isn't put across a longer and lankier frame. Length increases for the same mass of muscle making it look smaller even if in truth both lifters put 1lb of muscle on per week. That's just fucking the unobjective truth you faggot.

>isolating arm muscles
please end this meme

I didn't say they put the same amount of muscle on I said that aesthetically it will be unnoticeable to your average person. I train people for their bodybuilding or strength goals and whether they're 5'5 or 6'5 they can look exactly the same just in different heights. Believe it or not there are many short men with very poor arm genetics (like me) and very tall men with very good genetics.

I'm sorry then user and hope you get your arm gains. I've just noticed that taller lifters require a longer time to look like they lift the same as shorter lifters.

>unless you're doing gear then you won't ever look out of proportion unless all you do is curls and tricep extensions 4 dash a week and nothing else.
well, just lifting makes a manlet look out of proportion so no, you are just suffering from body dysmorphia, everyone laughs at the short guy who looks like he's 12 but with 16 inch arms.

The usual reason that very tall men find it difficult to gain is that they're not eating optimally. Shorter men have an easier time of putting on muscle especially when they're beginners because the dietary requirements for them is much easier whereas taller men have to watch their diet more closely to make sure they're getting a decent amount which can be very difficult especially when you're just starting out.

Not him, but that's not even close to being true. If you have shorter arms, for example, they'll always look bigger at their natural potential than someone with longer arms. They won't look the same.

Just compare a 5'4 natural body builder to someone that is 6'4. The taller person 'just doesn't have to work out more' in order to look the same, it's impossible for him to look the same way. Another good example would be midgets which look a lot more muscular because of their shorter bones.

This is completely untrue. Lol, where do you get your information from?

It's right. The shorter man thing is a meme

Attached: Bodybuilder-309287.jpg (620x525, 105K)

How about you post an argument instead of shitting yourself because someone said manlets have it easier in terms of looking like they have more muscles proportionally?

Go to any natural body building show in the country. Shorter men will look much more like a steroid using body builder than the taller men. That's how it fucking works. Shorter limbs makes you look bigger.

4 foot 10 vs 6 foot +

Manlets need to do isolations just as much as taller men.

Attached: 2018-06-07_18.50.14.jpg (1440x1440, 952K)

Shitting myself? What

Maybe the shorter men look like steroid users.... because they are steroid users?

If you're short you're not going to look out of proportion unless you are on steroids. This is how it actually works. Not the bro science that's spouted on here.

I'm 5'4 and my arms went from 12inches to 14 in a month.
Measured without pump.

bullshit

No, even if you compare them at the same FFMI. Someone short with a 23 FFMI will look like they have more muscle proportionally than someone tall with an FFMI of 23. Short limbs and therefore muscle bellies make you look like you have more muscle, it's a fact. Take a greyhound. You can't have it lift doggy weights and have it suddenly have the same proportions as a smaller dog. It's long muscle bellies mean that even if you increase it's leg size greatly, it's still going to look lanky.

Also, would you stop same fagging your own thread? There's 21 replies and only 9 posters.

Greyhounds and humans are totally different mate. Dogs were bred in a eugenics type of way to physically make them a certain way. Humans have not been bred in the same degree as a dog.

If what people are saying on here was true then we'd see a ton of jacked short arse Asian dudes

We don't

Manlets usually smash the gym due to confidence and because they can make gains mixed with the fact they don't require a strict diet you get retards who instantly assume that it's because it's easier for them

Obviously, but the point stands. You think someone 7 feet tall can look the same as a midget providing they just work out long enough? That's fucking astronomically stupid.

Humans are physically different. Their proportions affect the way the look, even with increased muscle mass. What is so hard to fucking understand?

Because the point I'm making is that just because someone is say 5 foot 8 that doesn't mean he's going to have good arm genetics that he can completely neglect arm isolations or that someone who is 6'5 is going to have poor arm genetics lmfao what is so hard to understand about that? You're not as educated on this subject as you'd like to believe.

That's not the point you made, you said height didn't matter and that tall people will look the exact same. It's fucking ridiculous.

You have a certain limb length, you have a certain limb thickness, this governs how much muscle you put on. It's basic genetics. Most people with long limbs don't have an equal thickness. Most tall people have average size ankles and wrists. They're not going to be able to look the same as someone with the same size wrist and an arm that is 4" shorter.
>You're not as educated on this subject as you'd like to believe.
What are your qualifications? That your mother somehow let her retarded son use the Internet without supervision?

Lmfao do you have any data to back up what you're saying?

With the vast majority of my short and tall clients I can absolutely not tell which ones are going to blow up and which ones are going to struggle.

Due to hormone levels and skeletal structure sometimes the tall ones will blow up in the arms, chest, back or whatever and vice versa. There's no way to tell until you start.

I'm going to assume you're a salty arse lanklet

It's well accepted by everyone who isn't a retard. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8450591
>With the vast majority of my short and tall clients
If you somehow managed to get any clients, you should refund their money immediately. You understand practically nothing about the body or fitness.
>Due to hormone levels sometimes the tall ones will blow up
That's the same for short people, but the amount of muscle you can put on depends on how long your muscle are, which is largely governed my limb length and thickness. If you have long limbs, average thickness and long muscle bellies, you're not going to be able to build a body that looks the same as a short person with average limb thickness. That's a fact.

It's easier, on average, for short people to look like they have more muscle proportionally. Anyone that disagrees with that shouldn't be posting here.