I've got some bison meat and some whole wheat pasta. Thinking about making some meatballs...

I've got some bison meat and some whole wheat pasta. Thinking about making some meatballs. Anybody got a healthy sauce recipe to make?

Attached: 1447699606831.jpg (960x640, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/SnAT5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>that picture

If you werent low test then that shit wouldnt bother you

You’re gonna call me a faggot but
>red hot hotsauce
>grape jelly
3:1 ratio or 2:2, throw it in a crock pot with the meatballs and it’s fantastic

His son is in the protest how would it not bother him.

If you’re low test you don’t care about your people.

>Bison mean
Canadabrah?

Bake a russet potato.
Leave the oven heated at 350F
Per pound of bison meat add one egg, and a cup of mashed potato. Spice with whatever the fuck you want, personally plain bison meat has enough flavor for me, and work everything together til you can't see egg/potato chunks. Roll into golf balls, place in a metal tray in tight rows, and anywhere between 10-20 minutes depending on your altitude. Start cooking the pasta right when you put them in the oven and you'll be timed up.

This is a classic cocktail party food, but it's too sweet to eat a big plate of them for dinner imo

>/ck/ here with a basic bitch tomato sauce.

Saute diced onion, carrot, celery on med-low until veggies are soft and onions opaque.

Add minced garlic. Garlic is good. Eat the garlic. Incorporate the garlic until toasted.

Add tablespoon of tomato paste and incorporate.

Add cup of red wine if you have it. Red wine makes sauce good.

Add big can of crushed or peeled whole tomatoes. San Marzano is best.

Add palm full of basil and thyme, preferably in a bundle or cheesecloth pouch so you can remove them later but mincing the herbs or adding in dried herbs is fine. Also add a hearty pinch of red pepper flakes and a heavy pinch of salt, more than you think you need at first. Also add 1-2 tsp of sugar or honey to taste, you will appreciate the little sweetness it works against the acidity of the tomatoes.

Now your sauce should be simmering on the stove. Let it simmer there for a while. Scrape down the sides with your spoon to

Form and sear your meatballs, then finish in the oven or in the sauce if you're like that. Alton Brown's best method is finishing them in the oven in mini-muffin tins because they are the perfect shape and keep the meatball from flattening our or boiling in its own juices. You do whatever.

Oh this is for a "light", vegetable-heavy sauce.

My favorite ez-mode tomato sauce is even simpler and very keto-friendly.

Ingredients:
>1 can peeled tomatoes
>1 stick of butter
>1 onion, halved
>2 cloves smashed garlic
>Salt+pepper+red pepper flakes

Method
>Put everything in a pot
>Simmer it for 45 minutes
>That's it.

I thought it was the kid grown up holding the gun (brainlet)

Chef fag here, all good but you don't want to sear bison meat or keep it out of it's juices when cooking, unless it's steak. Bison is relatively low in fat and the fond you get from letting it accumulate in a tray is otherwordly. Good way to do it for beef, though.

Best bet for OP is probably finishing them in the sauce then. They still have to be seared and browned though on the outside though, right? I can't imagine making meatballs without any searing.

>His son is in the protest how would it not bother him.
It's how he raised him. He was the symbol of masculinity the kid had, he was what the first years of the kids life were focused on.

It's his fault and only his.

Attached: trump timeline.png (1200x1697, 2.08M)

naw, midwest

a stick of butter???

Nope, straight to the oven. Searing is only for the taste, but with a lean, grass fed meat like bison, it can actually be overwhelming when added to. Seared meatballs are a thing for fatty meats, but everything else does 10x better in the oven with a binding agent.

A stick of butter.

Trust me. I was skeptical a first but it's one of the best fuckin sauces I've ever had, and it's an excellent base to work from.

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I got it from the NYTimes but here's the original recipe (archiving gets you around the paywall)

archive.is/SnAT5

I eat them by the literal (literal) literal barrel

post ur meatball barrels

isn't that like 800 calories alone though?

Yes.

>calorie counting
Not gonna make it.
On top of that, he's a ketofag, ignore 90% of his health advice.

>he's a ketofag
No I'm not. I'm just saying that if you intend on getting many calories from fat, this sauce will work for you.

Or you could just eat the goddamned buttery marinara sauce because it's tasty.

>nO Im noT

Attached: 1495733769483.jpg (795x647, 143K)

I'm literally not.

Waste of trips too, what a fag.

>implying i'm not on a cut

I don't even count calories, I just know a full stick of butter is bloat lord tier

>I just know a full stick of butter is bloat lord tier
This is for a pound of pasta. If you're eating a pound of pasta then by all means you are the bloatest and should enjoy your buttery marinara sauce.

Otherwise it's just a rich sauce and you should eat it in moderation like you would any rich, fat-heavy food.

Suck my trips ketofags.
I ate an entire pan of lasagna last night and I'm still 12% baby.

You sound angry.

I sound like a god, mortal.

so what, you had a cheat day?

Cheat days are for pussies. Work harder if you eat more.

You mad nigga

>2:2 ratio