Hernia

Any Jow Forumsizens had any experience with hernias? Im 19 and looking at a suspected inguinal (groin) hernia and I'm scared.
Hold me Jow Forums

Attached: 1521812709258.jpg (482x427, 36K)

My buddy had one. They hurt bad apparently.
The surgery is pretty standard. Get it checked tho.

>falling for the deadlift meme
>falling for the back squat meme
>having to live the rest of your life with a dysfunctional body because you wanted to impress your internet friends

you deserve everything

Been lifting for 8 months, dl: 150 x5
Squats 110 x 5
Feelsbadman

what can i do to make up for it

Apparently you can recover within a few months, how long did it take your bud?
t. scared user

suspected by you or suspected by a doctor?

my dad had one for 20 years before going to the doctor, and by that point he had pneumonia and was at death's door

Suspected by me, I can feel a small, lump which just started feeling sore, fits the bill as a hernia, spoke to my Dad who's had one and he reckons it probably is, I'll see a doc soon hopefully

Well, he had some complications...
The doctors fixed his hernia right up no sweat. Recovery time was about a month. But he had something else and I forget what it was. Some irritation of his stomach lining or some shit and he was in pain way after the doctors said he should have been recovered. He got it checked again and the doctor basically told him that he had something else going on. In fact, the doc was apparently surprised that he wasn't in MORE pain. He thought it was from drinking and smoking and eating a lot of shit while he still had the hernia and his intestines were weak or somethin or other. So for a while he can't drink or eat spicy foods and has to eat softer food and take some medicine when he does eat. He's expected to make a full recovery in a couple months but he was a fitboi and he certainly lost some of his gains.

So with all of his complications and shit, he's at about 4 months or so rn. But the hernia should be recovered in a max of like 6 weeks if you get it checked and treated early.
Don't worry too much user, but if your symptoms are there ask your doc before you hurt yourself really bad.

Did he do a manual job or lift or do anything to make it worse or just avoid it all his life? Surgery scares me

I had inguinal hernia, got it fixed and have totally forgotten about it, I’m lifting like I never had one. AMA.

Thanks dude I appreciate it, it's definitely small and I've only just started to notice pain today but I might've had it for a few years, I'm just real worried that I'm out of the heavy lifting game for life at 19 and I'll be stuck doing pussy 10kg dumbell work for the rest of my life, I'm not so worried about eating weird food, but from the way you described it, your bud was a pretty special case, thanks though user, I feel a little more positive about it, fingers crossed, thank god for being a britbong so hopefully free, if slow as shit, coverage. Do you think I ought avoid heavy weights for a real long time afterwards and will I ever get back to what I used to do? I know its a lil bit of a tough guess to make but I appreciate just a bit of assurance.

When did you realize you had one? Apparently they're quite common. How long have you lifted for? What kinda weights are you pulling. How long was your recovery period?
Which method of fixing it did you have done?
Do you think yours was genetic (did your dad have it) or was it some spicey form which caused it?

Most people make a 100% recovery so you'll be back to where you were before, no problemo. Might wanna invest in a belt tho to prevent future stuff. And once you get the surgery you'll wanna lay off the heavy lifting for a while until your intestinal wall heals. After that though, you'll be right back on the bandwagon.

And yeah my buddy was a special case. He got really depressed that he couldn't lift and even more so when he didn't recover and got his infection or whatever. I can't wait till he gets better tho, I started lifting in college and still haven't lifted with him.

That's real encouraging to hear, thanks. Belt's a good shout as well, do you think more core exercises which thicken the muscles will help prevent reoccurence in the future or is it pointless trying to thicken what are effectively pretty small groin muscles and just keep doing normal core stuff?

So I hear that ab work helps to prevent hernias. My medschool friend who lifts mentioned that too. So yeah, I think that would help some. Anything for abs or hips should help to prevent them in the future.

>When did you realize you had one?
One side of my groin was bulging a bit when lifting/sneezing, it was also a bit painful to squat.
>How long have you lifted for?
1 year or so
>What kinda weights are you pullin
I was squatting 225lbs for reps which caused
>How long was your recovery period?
1 month of not lifting at all, 2 months of not doing any exercises building up abdominal pressure
>Which method of fixing it did you have done?
Mesh surgery
>Do you think yours was genetic
Yep, it was genetic, but it wasn’t noticeable (I didn’t notice it at all), I fucked it up though by going “heavy” at squats

Yeah mine sounds pretty similar, I do similar weights and I don't think it suddenly unzipped so much as I only started feeling pain today, glad to hear you recovered well.

Don’t be afraid and get it fixed. You’ll lose some gainz, but the hernia atleast won’t hold you back for the rest of your life.

>suspected groinal hernia

that's your penis

Let me tell you about fucking hernias. I though I had one once. For all I know I may have had one at one point, but it was the least of my fucking worries.

>doing meme squats on smith machine cuz qt3.14 gym owner recommended it
>feel pain in groin area
>go in to hospital to get an ultrasound
>they find a tiny hernia
>they decide to essentially fingerblast my coin purse to push the hernia back in
>it still hurts 2 weeks later
>go to different hospital
>doctor takes one look and says “no, you don’t have a hernia. That’s herpes”
>argue with him
>he won’t I’ve me an actual test, and says that he’s trained enough to know what herpes looks like
>I go home and confront my wife
> she denies everything of course
>make her go get tested
>she passes. No fucking herpes
>I go back to the original hospital
>it’s a small town, and there’s no doctor to do std test on a Sunday
>nurse looks at my junk and tells me it may be chafing due to too much dry intercourse
>google it when I get home
>looks close enough to me
To this day I’m too scared to go back and get tested myself. I know I haven’t done anything dirty while I’ve been married. And if my wife’s clean, I can assume I’m clean. We both got tested before we got together. Anyways, the moral of the story is: Don’t squat in the Smith machine.

Im on a 6 month dry streak at this point and im pretty sure my last roastie was clean, or so she says, pretty sure its not an STD but up for consideration

No, it’s probably not. Like I said, it shouldn’t be for me either. But the pain in the groin area may have been a lymph node they said, and that’s common in a severe herpes outbreak. There’s a lot of different things that could cause similar symptoms. I’m assuming you don’t have any lacerations or scans on your dick, which is a good indication that your fine. For me, a mixture of chafing and a minor hernia was a huge herpes flag apparently.