Uhh...guys? You told me strength = size? What's the deal....?

uhh...guys? You told me strength = size? What's the deal....?

You told me I need to lift heavy to get big? so....?

Attached: strength = size.jpg (1920x1080, 346K)

>he thinks 211kg is lifting heavy

Anyone doing it professionally is an outlier.

You have to have outlier tier strength/power to even compete in the first place. It's all genetics towards strength/power abilities.

Just because a handful of genetically gifted people for strength/power can move a huge amount of weight while being very light does not mean thats how it is for 99.9% of the population, for 99.9% of the population getting stronger is the only way to get bigger and more muscular.

C and j is a skill lift.

Dog, I'm gonna be real with you, which I rarely bother to do on Jow Forums anymore...

...You mean to tell me that you can be moderately toned and lean... and really fucking strong... at the SAME TIME... a super powered ottermode... and you are DISPLEASED by this?

What in the fuck for?

How does that not totally kick ass?

This is great news, this is a revelation! You should be ecstatic!

>moderately toned and lean
Dude is skinny fat. Face is bloated as a motherfucker

this guy got busted for roids

You're telling me you wouldn't want that? The motherfucker has crazy power in a small body, he is literally optimal performance

That's not skinnyfat

You guys are aware that olympic weightlifting is all about lower body strength, right?

I'm not saying he /is/ otter, I'm saying if he got his shit together and learned to diet he would be

You fucking wish. It requires speed and strength like no other lift. On of that it ia also very technical. Bet your ass that a guy woth a hogh c&j also has a huge squat/deadlift/press. The opposite is not true though

>he's so insecure that he has to overcompensate his faults with """""getting big"""""

Squat and deadlift, yes (although many aren't as good at deadlifting as you'd expect). Press not so much. You can jerk huge weights without even a decent press if your technique is on point.

you're trying to reason with people who thought that eating a bunch of onions would increase their test levels, my dude.

>learned to diet
Uh....
>World class Athlete
>Doesnt know how to diet

Wow you should feel bad brah

It´s not like he competes in a lower-body dominant sport on wich they rarely do more than 3 reps without eccentrics or anything

because competition olympic lifts are mostly about technique, not total strength (unless you go into +100kg categories)

train arms and lose a couple bf% and you will look like an underware model.

Off cycle, and his back probably is massive and juicy.

Well lift heavy and then when you can lift heavy, keep getting stronger and do more lifts, not just more neurologically efficient at a certain highly complex, sports-specific motor pattern. And lift that heavy ass weight for some fucking reps, not singles or doubles lmao.

All due respect to the guy though, that is impressive and it is a beautiful sport.

It's not, it's a skill lift in general but also a strength demanding lift for the lower body.
Olympic weightlifting is too lower body centric and thus anyone that isn't on a buttload of roids and elite genetics looks like shit even as an elite lifter.

The only way to look good is by actually training the show muscles.

t. has never clean and jerked heavy

>
>optimal performance
You mean shit endurance outside of doing max singles, looking like dog sit despite being on roids, probably even strong enough to do 5 pullups and having crippled joints from his shit training?
Yeah, very optimal.

hypertrophy doesnt come from low or high reps or heavy or light weight. it comes from volume

> Guy X exclusively trains Olympic lifts, doesn't train for hypertrophy.
>"Reeeee why doesn't he look like a bodybuilder?"
>mfw

Attached: Downy.jpg (454x418, 31K)

>strength = size
This certainly isn't a fact and far from it. We don't know the precise mechanism that incurs hypertrophy. The best available evidence points to lots of hard work builds muscles. Do lots of hard sets, eat enough and sleep enough. Not much more can be done besides this.

Of course having more muscle mass does allow for more strength potential as more cross sectional muscle fibers can be recruited to lift a heavy weight but that doesn't mean that lifting the heaviest weight is the ideal way to build said muscle mass. It's the best way to build strength but not necessarily muscle mass and numerous studies confirm this fact.