How the FUCK do I fix this?

how the FUCK do I fix this?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1022x868, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WIsx1t8TJq4
youtube.com/watch?v=1v9e8PdmqEI
youtube.com/watch?v=gW5pM5fuwdw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kill yourself and the muscles will stop being tight your posture will be perfect and relaxed and confident

until rigor mortis sets in you FUCKING RETARD

youtu.be/WIsx1t8TJq4

Lately I've been trying to fix my posture.
I wear a spud bow tie basically all the time to remind me to keep my shoulders back, taking it off just to exercise, shower, or sleep.
I've also been going for walks with a weighted vest, during which I make sure to maintain a proper posture in my back and neck.
Aches like a bitch after 40 minutes, but I feel like it's working.
I'm also adding face pulls as an accessory in my weight lifting routine, since I've been told those are great for strengthening the back muscles whose imbalance is responsible for slouching

Ok but how fucking long does it take to see results

as soon as you start holding your head upright like a normal person and hold your posture that way all the time

A fun way to do this might be to bike long distances. I did so today and my head was almost in the looking up position most of the time. This pulls the head back and strengthens rear neck muscles. Helped me.

Good luck dudeo.

People make fun of the way I walk and stand all the time.
A long time ago I read that you should pretend like there's a hook screwed into the top of your head that the rest of your body is hanging from.

Anyway, I started doing that and I stand up very straight and have I suppose, good posture. The thing is people make fun of me, tell me I'm sticking my chest out or holding my chin too high, whatever; not trying to.

people that spend lots of time on their computers do often have this because their monitors are too low.. most wont have a stand so you need to put books or something under it

and these days lots of people look down when they do things with their phones too. they should hold the phone higher with their hands instead.

This is what is known generally as "Forward head posture" and has a few different issues along with it, generally not just your neck sticking forward. You'll probably have some sort of stooped overall posture with forward rounded shoulders. In general, here are some things to note below.. I'll get a bit more specific below that:

1. Awareness of your posture - sitting at the computer, playing games or reading? Feel where you are in space. Chances are you're sticking your neck straight forward straining to read the text.
2. Stop holding your phone down in front in your lap when you're reading it
3. Start doing general barbell work such as rowing to strenghten your back muscles, but generally all barbell work will help aid your posture. Think of making a "muscle beach" pose or like a military posture, imagine some really pretty girls are walking by and you want to stand tall for them.

Your back muscles are weak and overstretched and your chest/pecs are probably tight. Get your shoulders back and find ways to stretch your chest like in a doorway or laying on a foam roller placed vertically along your spine.

Chances are, a small group of muscles called "occiptal muscles" are tight - they're located at the top of your neck just under your skull. You can try to relax/release them with a massage, it may be difficult to perform on your own.

Chin-tucks will be one of the number one ways to try and help correct this as well as your rows

youtube.com/watch?v=1v9e8PdmqEI

You don't need to add the pressure with your hand. Just imagine like someone really ugly is trying to kiss you and you move your head backwards. Another cue is "make a double chin" and you can see that happen in the video.

I'll go on top of my own post to add:

Posture is a constant battle. Particularly with desk-jobs. I feel you have to be extremely conscious of it to make a change. When I worked a desk-job I would feel myself fall into a shitty stooped posture, hunched over, etc. You have to feel it, remind yourself to stop it, and correct it.

Lifting weights by performing big compounds honestly, truly, helped my posture leaps and bounds. You'll naturally hold yourself up better so that even if you're tired or forgetful, you're still in a bit better position than if you had never done any lifting.

Big thing is to think "chest up, shoulders down and back" - don't over exaggerate it as you'll cause other problems but it's more about remembering any teacher or parent that ever told you to stand up straight, stand up tall, etc.

The exercises above, just do 10 to start and see how you feel the next day. Work up to maybe 30 total for the day slowly. Forget the "no pain no gain" and go gentle with them.

Adding in some rowing with a dumbbell (or milk jug filled with water if you don't have gym access or don't care about it) can help as well. Anything to help strengthen your back will help.

1. Chin tucks
2. Back strengthening
3. Chest stretching
4. Hamstring stretching (chances are, or I would expect, you have tight HS and stooped overall posture)

/thread

kek

it's not just a conscious effort thing, most people are physically incapable of assuming good posture due to tightness. it can easily take months to see any difference

Good stuff user, thanks for that.

Shoulders back.
Chest out.
Tight core.
Imagine you're a string puppet and someone is pulling the string attached to your head straight up. Like there's a metal rod from the top of your head down your spine.

Best way i found to fix my posture was to act as if i was hanging by my teeth

I tried everything and couldn't fix my forward head posture long term until I learned how to stretch the front part of my neck.
youtube.com/watch?v=gW5pM5fuwdw
Video's click bait as fuck, but it works. 2:30 is when he shows the stretch.

heavy bent over barbell rows

Well seeing as bad posture is caused by muscle imbalances and not habit, this won't work.

YouTube and google is full of solutions and you decide to ask this shitty place.
sage

The problem I have with this is that I'm very capable of having excellent posture and it makes me look really good, but it feels like I'm walking around flexing hard so I feel like a faggot doing it. But really I look more normal when I do it, it just makes me feel like I'm trying to show off. Fucking robot brain Jow Forums body.